PDA

View Full Version : nsx wanted- money waiting

Sennansx
12-05-2016, 08:58 PM
looking for ideally a manual nsx- want to buy one as an investment to hold on for a few years and see how it goes and enjoy in the meantime

Mistercorn
16-05-2016, 07:11 AM
Any more details on what spec you want? NA1/NA2 pre/post facelift. Targa or coupe. UK / JDM / LHD. Mileage?

MC

Sennansx
24-05-2016, 09:17 PM
just looking for a manual RHD , would prefer UK but will consider import. don't want high mileage probably 80k miles would be max

hkz286
25-05-2016, 06:57 AM
just looking for a manual RHD , would prefer UK but will consider import. don't want high mileage probably 80k miles would be max

considering most imports are more meticulously maintained than the UK versions, as well as not being subjected to as much corrosion accelerators on the road, I don't think I would ever buy a UK car again :)

luddite_at_heart
25-05-2016, 07:56 AM
In my experience a good JDM vehicle is often in a better cosmetic and mechanical condition, with lower mileage than a typical UK model. Offset that against specification differences, which are negligible IMO, but each will have their own opinion.

If you look at what has happened with other Japanese sports cars - from the MX5/Eunos and up - JDM imports have gone from being cheaper vehicles that were viewed with suspicion (and many years ago were harder to insure, etc.) to now being appreciated for their condition and often commanding a price premium. I'm not saying this will be the case with the NSX, but I think that some of the stigma that still exists will reduce over time.

NSXGB
25-05-2016, 10:07 AM
If you are buying from somewhere like Route KS or the like, I would agree that you are likely to be buying a good example but otherwise, a quick scan of the imported ones for sale at the moment in this country will show you they aren't all looked after with the same love and attention.

The biggest issue of buying a JDM import is not always knowing the true history of the vehicle, I would imagine.

nobby
25-05-2016, 03:53 PM
A good importer will always be able to source a good car; and there is a lot of scope picking up a clean JDM car
there is now a history check similar to HPI in Japan now ... so there is at least some information out now.
Then again no HPI check is fool proof or 100% ... we all know things can be hidden/not documented

If you are buying from somewhere like Route KS or the like, I would agree that you are likely to be buying a good example but otherwise, a quick scan of the imported ones for sale at the moment in this country will show you they aren't all looked after with the same love and attention.

The biggest issue of buying a JDM import is not always knowing the true history of the vehicle, I would imagine.

Sennansx
26-05-2016, 09:01 PM
I am looking in japan as well and yes good cars can be sourced with full history etc so no problems , will see what turns up no rush

austrian type-r
01-06-2016, 07:08 PM
There is a Japan import NSX in Austria with only 21000km. All stock but the exhaust and headers and it has Volk rims, I think old school AVS. Silver paint. 49000 GBP