PDA

View Full Version : A friend has wrote a book - launch event this Sunday

exiges1
19-04-2016, 05:43 PM
Hi, I thought I'd post this up in case any members are interested. A friend, Michael Hipperson, has recently written a book about his car owning adventures over many years, he has been fortunate to own some wonderful cars.

More importantly, certainly to Michael, is that for the last 12 years he has been tirelessly raising money, over £260,000 to date, for Little Havens - a children's hospice here in Essex. The book is Michael's latest fund raiser and all profits will go to Little Havens.

The book website is below - have a look and if you feel inclined give a few pounds to the hospice and enjoy a good read as a bonus!

http://letthemstare.co.uk

For local (and maybe not so local) NSXCB forum users/members the book 'launch' is this Sunday from midday at The Bull, Blackmore End, Braintree CM74DD. There will be some lovely cars in attendance (including my NSX!) although my eyes will be on the Miura SV.

If you're coming along the pub is serving a buffet but best to book rather than chance it on the day, there will of course be drinks etc available. Hope to see some of you there!

Tony.

Sudesh
19-04-2016, 06:57 PM
Done!

Thinking of doing the same but would be a mixture of different experience including my coma events.

exiges1
19-04-2016, 07:01 PM
You should, could be therapeutic.

Pride
19-04-2016, 07:37 PM
Hi, I thought I'd post this up in case any members are interested. A friend, Michael Hipperson, has recently written a book about his car owning adventures over many years, he has been fortunate to own some wonderful cars.

More importantly, certainly to Michael, is that for the last 12 years he has been tirelessly raising money, over £260,000 to date, for Little Havens - a children's hospice here in Essex. The book is Michael's latest fund raiser and all profits will go to Little Havens.

The book website is below - have a look and if you feel inclined give a few pounds to the hospice and enjoy a good read as a bonus!

http://letthemstare.co.uk

For local (and maybe not so local) NSXCB forum users/members the book 'launch' is this Sunday from midday at The Bull, Blackmore End, Braintree CM74DD. There will be some lovely cars in attendance (including my NSX!) although my eyes will be on the Miura SV.

If you're coming along the pub is serving a buffet but best to book rather than chance it on the day, there will of course be drinks etc available. Hope to see some of you there!

Tony.

Hi Tony it looks a great read so just ordered mine in fact.

I also took the liberty of informing my regular classic car club, "Sadcase" (Storrington And District Classic And Sportscar Enthusiasts) who will send out your above text via an email to over 1,000 club members, so hopefully that will make a big dent in Michael Hippersons book stocks as they're all Classic car crazy. :)

Strictly for charity of course.

Clive

exiges1
19-04-2016, 08:54 PM
Thanks Clive, that's good of you to circulate it wider, and to buy his book. I've been to many events (for me 11 years now) that Michael has arranged. He has also recently recovered from cancer but still carries on with his fundraising. He's one of those unsung hero's, I really admire him, I couldn't do it.

Sudesh
19-04-2016, 09:17 PM
I'm looking forward to a good read. Hard to beat paper back books.

marknsx
20-04-2016, 02:01 PM
Ordered, can't wait!

marknsx
20-04-2016, 02:09 PM
Tony
On another matter have you ever owned or driven the Lotus 2-eleven?

exiges1
20-04-2016, 03:50 PM
No as I've never wanted a purely track car, there are enough compromises in the Lotus Elise and Exige but I'd want the comfort a roof minimum!

Never read a bad report or experience by those who do own and race them though, and there's plenty that are raced. The new 3-11 will be a big step up in performance and of course price.

marknsx
25-04-2016, 11:40 AM
My book has arrived. Great addition to my growing Library on F1 drivers, Honda and great cars. Well done exiges1 !!

Sudesh
28-04-2016, 05:44 PM
Haven't went through it yet, but very well presented. Almost feels too good to open lol. There won't be any sitting down at the coffee table with a little bowl of Pringles. I'll be reading this in bed with clean hand........

Thank you kindly for the fast delivery too!

exiges1
28-04-2016, 10:15 PM
Thanks for buying copies, short interview with Michael on BBC Essex -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03q8mw0#play

- scroll forward to 3hr 18min 25secs,

and some photos of the launch from the book site -

http://letthemstare.co.uk/launch/

My NSX not looking too out of place between the Lamborghini and the Aston, loved the little Messerschmitt...

Sudesh
29-04-2016, 08:45 PM
What NSX lol

L696ULO
30-04-2016, 06:57 AM
What NSX lol

Tony's NSX is silver with black alloys, third row of photos on the left sandwiched between the blue Aston and black Lambo

Sudesh
02-05-2016, 04:17 AM
I'm just playing.....Between those classics the NSX is lost. NSX still looks modern and fantastic on the road theses days, if you ever get a chance to see one, especially here in Ireland. Think most of the Irish cars went to UK or further like mine.