PDA

View Full Version : 02+ Front Wheel

NSXGB
07-04-2016, 06:37 PM
Just the one please!

Don't mind if it needs a refurb but don't want a buckled one...

NSXGB
21-05-2016, 08:49 PM
Bumping.....

NSXGB
17-08-2016, 06:06 AM
Bump.......

NSXGB
07-10-2016, 12:06 PM
Bump......

Chris W
13-10-2016, 02:36 PM
Did you get any joy from this request?

I am looking for an O2+ REAR wheel. Also just the one. I have what looks like a fatal crack in the alloy.

Next step is to research all 4 corner new set. Just can't nail down exactly what "offset" I should be asking for. Some say 30, some say 60!

Chris.

Nick Graves
13-10-2016, 05:55 PM
Correct offsets to preserve the steering axix is +55 FR & +56mm RR on the Facelifts. +60 RR on the earlier cars. According to prime...

Set of Mugen GPs would look nice...

NSXGB
13-10-2016, 06:42 PM
No joy yet, but if you are selling one of your fronts.... :)

Chris W
14-10-2016, 10:23 PM
We're going to have a last attempt at welding my rear next week (oh er missus). I will let you know the outcome, as I may have 3 1/2 wheels leftover :)

Hagasan
15-10-2016, 07:36 AM
We're going to have a last attempt at welding my rear next week (oh er missus). I will let you know the outcome, as I may have 3 1/2 wheels leftover :)

Hi, I'd be interested in buying one of your fronts as well should you decide to sell/split the three if you can't repair the rear.

Chris W
18-10-2016, 11:44 PM
I will keep you posted / update next week when we see if the welding holds. They are obviously rare as rocking horse doings on the spares market.

Does anybody have knowledge of an inventory of spare NSX bits collectively knocking around. I did contact ATR as I'm also after headlights (2xNA2) and a rear number plate surround (usual sagging problem with mine) but he had nothing to suit on his books. These days we must be looking at just couple hundred chassis still in the UK. And OEM parts from Honda are at crazy prices.

NSXGB
19-10-2016, 07:37 AM
NA2 headlights, do you mean 02+?

Your sagging number plate surround will not disappear by fitting another one, unless you fit a carbon one. If you are creative you could take it off and reinforce it to stop it sagging.

Kaz-kzukNA1
19-10-2016, 01:39 PM
Hi, Chris.

Although you have already contacted, in Europe, probably Christian at ATR would be your best bet for the used parts.

Keep eye on Yahoo Japan Auction site as well.
Very rare but 02+ used head light shows up from time to time.
New one is available but mega expensive although probably much cheaper than HUK price.

Just make sure to get the correct spec as the wiring would be different depending on HID/Halogen spec.

In Japan, HID head light was the standard equipment for the 02+ models including NA2 NSX-R but depending on the variants, it came with Halogen light as well so both HID and Halogen available.
I think it has 'E' marking on the lens but best to check with the seller (if they speak English).

NSX for UK market never had the HID from the factory.

Kaz

bbvnsx
05-11-2016, 10:53 PM
Sent you a PM

No joy yet, but if you are selling one of your fronts.... :)

Chris W
07-11-2016, 05:58 PM
Quick update - latest attempt to weld this wheel seems to have worked. We found two hairlines on the spoke opposite the valve. Fair bit of dressing and getting the right alloy material to match seem to have solved it. Fingers crossed. 200 mile road test last week and still fine, so sorry to those looking to harvest my front wheels! Thanks again for the expert as ever advise.

CW.