PDA

View Full Version : Drivers door vapour seal

philboo
19-03-2016, 12:57 PM
Hi

My NSX was into Vtec direct yesterday for its first annual service with me as the owner. Ben had a look at the drivers door as the glass appears to be further back than the passenger side and as result the rear sash rubber has split (I think that's the correct term).

We took off the door card and tried to improve it but whilst in the process it was obvious the vapour barrier has seen better days. Ben thinks probably from the original laserline alarm install (nice use of gaffa tape).

I'd like to replace this and also really clean out the window guides having looked on prime and reading the grease needs cleaning out and the guides re-lubricating.

As our cars are RHD I assume the parts for our cars are referred to as the right hand door (or passenger side in America). 72321-SL0-900 appears to be the part I'd want, but I read something about the driver's door has additional holes for the extra controls. Does this mean the UK/*** right side would be different to a USA right door ?

I'm confused. Also, what's the cheapest way to get this please, is it via Japan or US and can anyone point me to a site they'd recommend.

Ideally I'd also replace the rear sash but I think they're into several hundred pounds and I think I could be being a little to fussy (it's hard not to be when the nsx is concerned).

Any help/guidance or advice welcomed.

Thanks

Phil

philboo
19-03-2016, 01:56 PM
Lings actually have a part:
PFKL784027

Which sounds like the Right hand side drivers door but I don't know what this is as a honda part as I assume this is a Ling's number as google finds no reference to it.

Phil

philboo
19-03-2016, 02:17 PM
I think I'm getting somewhere, the honda part is:
72321SL0000 which you get my removing the _PFK from the URL, it makes sense now.

So can someone tell me the best place to go for the best price ?

Thanks

Phil

Lings actually have a part:
PFKL784027

Which sounds like the Right hand side drivers door but I don't know what this is as a honda part as I assume this is a Ling's number as google finds no reference to it.

Phil