View Full Version : Zinc plating?

gcon45
12-03-2016, 05:58 PM
Hi guys. Long time!

I am currently doing small odds and ends to the NSX before getting it on the road again for Spring / Summer.

I've noticed a little corrosion on some of the brackets in the engine bay and under the bonnet (the horn bracket and the injector union loom bracket are two that spring to mind).

They are spoiling the look of areas that are otherwise mint.

I'm just wondering if taking all the brackets off and having them zinc plated would be the best solution as some need to be conductive?

Senninha
13-03-2016, 10:44 AM
I wanted to refresh mine a couple of years ago, I removed all front bay brackets, did some prep work then took to the powder coasters who did a lovely job, painting them all in a colour they refer to as white aluminium. Result is a front bay of new looking brackets. I had one part painted black which is the criuse control base plate. 2 yrs on and still looks a s good as th da installed. HTH, rgds Paul

gcon45
16-03-2016, 11:52 AM
I wanted to refresh mine a couple of years ago, I removed all front bay brackets, did some prep work then took to the powder coasters who did a lovely job, painting them all in a colour they refer to as white aluminium. Result is a front bay of new looking brackets. I had one part painted black which is the criuse control base plate. 2 yrs on and still looks a s good as th da installed. HTH, rgds Paul

Cheers! Ended up removing all the brackets, rubbing them down to the bare steel and cold galvanising them with a zinc based paint. Look like new now!