PDA

View Full Version : NSX-R Seat Replicas...

nobby
02-03-2016, 09:12 PM
business proposition - could a number of us very interested club together and buy these and then get a local business to replicate and then make available to others who may be interested in proper replicas?

surely a no of owners would be interested in these seats ... i certainly am but dont have 12k plus vat to throw at seats ... bloody seats FFS Honda!

Shawnsx5
02-03-2016, 09:47 PM
Good idea but how about don't buy these seats, but use the seats in my NA2 R as the template that is on the ship on its way to the UK?

business proposition - could a number of us very interested club together and buy these and then get a local business to replicate and then make available to others who may be interested in proper replicas?

surely a no of owners would be interested in these seats ... i certainly am but dont have 12k plus vat to throw at seats ... bloody seats FFS Honda!

NZNick
02-03-2016, 11:50 PM
IIRC, the actual seats are the same as your NA1 Type R - only the covers are different They are the same on my Type S, again, with a different cover stretched over the shell.

nobby
02-03-2016, 11:54 PM
Shawn

that is very decent of you to make an offer like that to this forum considering

what do others think?

Good idea but how about don't buy these seats, but use the seats in my NA2 R as the template that is on the ship on its way to the UK?

Hagasan
03-03-2016, 08:19 AM
You might want to check out Adnan's post for AS Motorsport on NSXPRIME. A cheaper alternative that's going to be produced by Recaro.

NSXGB
03-03-2016, 01:02 PM
Moved this separate discussion from Burn Motorsports vendor thread out of fairness to his sale.

A.S. Motorsport
03-03-2016, 01:15 PM
We've managed to get these made by Recaro at a very attractive price, and that most certainly is a better idea than just blatantly copying a seat.

NSXGB
03-03-2016, 01:24 PM
We've managed to get these made by Recaro at a very attractive price, and that most certainly is a better idea than just blatantly copying a seat.

I thought you were supplying Recaro Pole Position ABE seats and (blatantly :) )copying the Type-R design?

I think there is too much work involved for a limited production run of the 'real' Type-R seat, they would end up costing way too much. Adnans' deal would be the more sensible option IMHO.

A.S. Motorsport
03-03-2016, 01:29 PM
I thought you were supplying Recaro Pole Position ABE seats and (blatantly :) )copying the Type-R design?

I think there is too much work involved for a limited production run of the 'real' Type-R seat, they would end up costing way too much. Adnans' deal would be the more sensible option IMHO.
If one where to specifically "need" a kevlar replica of a NSX-R seat, i can just order the DownForce replica's.
Pricing listed on our web site.

nobby
03-03-2016, 07:50 PM
just for clarification i was unaware of Adnan's new product line ... which is very interesting!!!

apologies if this caused concern as i was not looking to detract business away ... we need suppliers like ASM etc

Moved this separate discussion from Burn Motorsports vendor thread out of fairness to his sale.

nobby
03-03-2016, 07:52 PM
simon

i am not so sure, Sudesh prior to his illness was looking into doing this with his CF contact which created the engine covers etc

NSXGB
03-03-2016, 10:39 PM
simon

i am not so sure, Sudesh prior to his illness was looking into doing this with his CF contact which created the engine covers etc

Now I have re-read ASM's post - if you want a CF seat you are looking at €4650 for the pair...that would make it more feasible.

Adnan has managed to get the correct fabrics which I don't think they usually sell now.
Capital Seating in the UK would be a good place to start though, they deal direct with Recaro and sell the fabrics etc.

Sudesh
04-03-2016, 08:02 AM
What nobody has mentioned yet that I can see, or am I missing something possibly? But are you worried if the copied/replica seat are road legal in the sense that the seats get the correct UK passed standard road going rating? This was can be expensive. It would also affect your insurance and to keep yourself right you really want to let them know, the rails need to be ABE rated too. I would need to pull the files out, but from my bad memory lol, didn't make it worth while for me to do unless orders were huge and 100% confirmed. If I still had my NSX, I'd just buy Pole Positions replace the cloth to NSX-R style or if people wanted, a choice of leather.

Insurance companies look at every option these days to squeeze out of things. I have fleet and trade insurance and even that's completely changed. If you add anything or take away anything the feckers just pull the plug lol

http://www.sportseats4u.co.uk/recaro.../prod_928.html

marknsx
04-03-2016, 10:34 PM
Is there a seat dealership in UK that is familiar with the NSX and its requirements?

Pride
08-03-2016, 02:37 PM
[Kaz-kzukNA1: Originally, this was posted in the Burn!Motorsport vendor section but decided to move it here as the vendor section is more of marketing tool and communication with the customer, rather than talking about different products from other vendors and no real experience with the vendor or not a question from potential customer. Thank you.]

This popped up elsewhere on the forum... Seems someone has priced the seats through Honda UK before!

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j77/icongroup/NSXPARTS/DSC00308.jpg (http://s77.photobucket.com/user/icongroup/media/NSXPARTS/DSC00308.jpg.html)

Unless you've got a type-R in need of seat replacement which is very, very unlikely why bother buying the seats, even at your lower prices when there are already alternative sport seats on the market at a fraction the cost, as it won't increase the handling or performance anyway.

Us Brits don't tend to be as crazy as our American cousins anyway.

But good luck with the sale.

Senninha
08-03-2016, 10:36 PM
Us Brits don't tend to be as crazy as our American cousins anyway.

Ok, so who's taken the real Pride ... He could not possibly have posted this ...