PDA

View Full Version : went to see this car last night

million miles
13-06-2006, 06:07 PM
I went to see this in Thetford last night
107000 miles, was registered in 93 but manufactured in 91. The very nice owner wants £15,500 for it, I have no intention of buying it but for someone with mechanicle knowledge could be a good purchase.

Accelera Comigo
13-06-2006, 06:21 PM
Nice registration (if you are as old as me and remember Tom Baker as Dr Who).

Accelera Comigo

AR
13-06-2006, 06:32 PM
I've seen it and IMHO is not worth that money.

Here are the faults:

Car was in a crash as can be seen by the way the front bumper seats lower than the wings and the rattling of the driver's side headlight. The front splitter is battered. The driver's side rear wing is closer to the trunklid than the passengers. The driver's side sideskirt is a bit loose. I see a pattern here.

Engine iddles wildly between 1000 and 1200 rpm, so much that the wings dances on the back. Clanking noise on turning, cantankerous gearbox.

Center console, seats and visors need replacing.

All rims are kerbed.

Different tyres back to front.

The seller omitted the fact that the car looked like it was in a crash and when questioned over the phone said that the HPI was clear and he had not crashed it. Eventually when I was looking at the car after driving 250 miles, he admitted that it must have been in a crash. All one needs to do is open the bonnet and see all the rusty bolts where the wings were removed.

I guess one must take chances and the viewing of an NSX is one of those, but sellers should be a little bit more considerate when someone has a 500 miles roundtrip ( £ 85 in the Amazon )

If it was not crashed and badly repaired, fair enough, but the car is not a good one.

Cheers

AR

AR
13-06-2006, 08:12 PM
Nice registration (if you are as old as me and remember Tom Baker as Dr Who).

Accelera Comigo

What better number plate for a metal dog :lol:

Cheers

AR

ctrlaltdelboy
13-06-2006, 08:21 PM
thought that was Joe's old car for a sec, then did a quick search and found I was mistooken - Joe's was a slightly different reg

http://www.nsxprime.com/photopost/data/525/3736jgatt2-med.jpg

million miles
13-06-2006, 09:22 PM
It may be the same reg as the documentaion showed at least three changes over the last ten years,

million miles
13-06-2006, 09:22 PM
oops ..............just realised it is a different reg!

NSX 2000
13-06-2006, 09:32 PM
K9 NSX

Think about it chaps :? .
K9 short for canine, latin for dog :!:

Therefore reg reads "dog" NSX

Me thinks not a good number for any car let alone an NSX :?
Or is it that this particular car is a dog :?:

BrownBear
15-06-2006, 10:11 AM
thought that was Joe's old car for a sec, then did a quick search and found I was mistooken - Joe's was a slightly different reg

Crikey - that bought back some memories - thanks Darren.

Wonder where she is now?