PDA

View Full Version : Engine Cover Removal

kowalski
12-06-2006, 05:26 PM
I know a few of you guys have removed your Engine cover,

are there any problems in doing this, ie additional noise in the cabin, extra dirt on rear screen, vibrations from rear screen etc

Would be good to hear your views

Thanks

leigh

Papalazarou
12-06-2006, 05:34 PM
I've removed it a couple of times. It's a bit noisier because the parcel shelf/engine cover does deaden the sound a fair bit, especially on targa's.
I did hear of a guy on Prime who was unlucky enough to have a rock fly up and break the cabin partition glass :shock:

I think thats pretty unlikely though.

James.

AR
12-06-2006, 06:49 PM
I ran mine for 8 months or so like that and the only downside is the chaves staring at the engine when parked up :D

It is noisier, but it gets rid of condensation quickly and if there are spiders where you live they might take residence there.

Cheers

AR

sportyking
12-06-2006, 07:12 PM
Yep,

my only issues are with cleaning the hand and nose prints off my rear window :D

AR
12-06-2006, 07:37 PM
Yep,

my only issues are with cleaning the hand and nose prints off my rear window :D

What! no saliva??? :lol:

kowalski
13-06-2006, 11:56 AM
thanks, looks like its coming off! good to get the engine in view. might get a mesh one in the future.

Best carry some extra windolene or a big stick!

leigh

mutley
21-06-2006, 08:16 PM
Yep, I took mine off after a similar post on here... the only bad thing I can think of is having to clean up the engine to make it look even better!!!

Jim

kowalski
22-06-2006, 05:29 PM
Took the engine cover off prior to my Le Mans trip, I did get a bit of water staining inside the rear screen but i was driving in a massive downpour. The water seems to come up from the alternator belt but in light rain it wasnt a problem.

Got a lot of admirers with it removed, including two french cops who pulled me over to have a look!

Will get a pic up soon.

leigh