PDA

View Full Version : NSX amongst Italian stallions and bulls

DTA-Motorsport
12-06-2006, 11:23 AM
Hi all,

I spent yesterday afternoon at Stanford Hall (Leicestershire) at Auto Italia's annual concours event (see pic below). Weather was glorious, cars spectacular and refreshments astronomically priced! Had a good chat with a few owners and will hopefully have a trade stand at next year's event.

In any case, as I drove into the grounds I was following a Magnum grey NSX-T (reg: N6 NSX). I parked about 20mts away from this car and left at around the same time. I was wondering if it was anyone on here. Your car got just about as much attention as all the Italian metal :D Didn't get a chance to meet you or take a pic of your car - sorry.

All in all a great afternoon with some very nice and forth-coming people.

Dan

simonprelude
12-06-2006, 11:30 AM
Looks good, N6NSX is supposed to be purple though :?

DTA-Motorsport
12-06-2006, 11:42 AM
Hmmm ... I'm pretty sure it was Magnum Grey (like S2NSX - Senninha) but I may have been blinded by all the reflections coming off the bright red Ferraris! :lol:

It was a nice gathering - no chavs or hoodies around - definitely a different "class" of people (if I'm allowed to say so), both owners and spectators.

Pitty there weren't many lambos around by the time I got there but there was a rare LM002 Americana in attendance ... very nice indeed!

Mr_Spanners
12-06-2006, 11:50 AM
WOW - that's an amazing sight...... I really love old historic buildings!!! :D

~Phil.

Lankstarr
12-06-2006, 11:59 AM
Looking at how dated the F40 looks you wouldn't have thought that it was made around the same time as the first NSXs

simonprelude
12-06-2006, 12:05 PM
Dated, F40 ?? Confused.

Parking next to the Enzo does it no favours, parking an NSX next to a Lambo Murcielago or Gallardo is really bad though.

Looking at how dated the F40 looks you wouldn't have thought that it was made around the same time as the first NSXs

DTA-Motorsport
12-06-2006, 12:48 PM
There was another F40 parked among the "crowds" - didn't look so dated there. Was a very nice car too, sporting OZ "LeManns" alloys.

The 30SE Lambo was a bit of a "mixed emotion" to look at (if you know what I mean). From the outside the car looks spectacular with an absolutely flawless red paint job (note the custom rear facing camera mounted underneath the wing) but the interior was a different story. A mix of red and violet/pink alcantara on the seats! :? . Nice carbon fibre accents though but the pink bits ruined it for me. It also had a small plaque in the rear quarter window which read "Yes it's mine, Yes it's fast, No you can't drive it!" - don't think that went down well with the fellow owners as I heard quite a few derogatory comments about it ...

The pic of the "Ferrari" crowd is just half of it - there was another section filled with the likes of F512M, F430, 360 CS, etc. Even saw one 575 Barchetta and a 288GTO! There was easily £4~5 million worth of prancing horses there yesterday. Very impressive.