PDA

View Full Version : Really, £45K for a 1991 LHD?

Gary
15-02-2016, 04:29 PM
Saw this for sale in a dealers in Henley, yesterday.

http://www.hofmanns.co.uk/car-sales/honda-acura-nsx

It looked clean and only 50K miles but are LHD US import models really worth that much?

Cheers
Gary

Mistercorn
15-02-2016, 05:23 PM
It looks very nice indeed. Must be worth that or somewhere near.

MC

L696ULO
15-02-2016, 05:53 PM
A bit confusing as the mileage is actually in kilometres as is the speedo?
Having never seen an Acura NSX I don't know if that's how they were in the USA but as the States use miles, I doubt it.
Finally in the description for a manual car the bhp is more akin to an auto however the 0-60 and top speed are 'ambitious'

Back to your original question it does look clean, not sure on the pricing but could be better suited for the European market as LHD and dash etc is in Km

Mistercorn
15-02-2016, 06:05 PM
It was supplied new in Canada, which explains the Acura,LHD,km/h. Could be wrong, but I thought the manual and auto cars had the same power in NA1, but the later manual cars had more power due to the 3.2l engine, which the auto cars never had.

MC

Senninha
15-02-2016, 06:07 PM
It does look well in the photos, and judging by the coolant bottle it has been well maintained. Solid asking price for the condition, but may prove a struggle in the UK unless a regular into Europe ...

Senninha
15-02-2016, 06:08 PM
It was supplied new in Canada, which explains the Acura,LHD,km/h. Could be wrong, but I thought the manual and auto cars had the same power in NA1, but the later manual cars had more power due to the 3.2l engine, which the auto cars never had.

MC

NA1's have different power and torque curves to suit the auto and manual respectively. NA2 is only manual and 3.2 ��

Mistercorn
15-02-2016, 07:23 PM
:thumbsup: every day is a school day.

MC