PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Modern Classics magazine

nayf_modern_classics
12-01-2016, 02:10 PM
Hello to everyone. I'm Nathan, the acting managing editor of Modern Classics magazine. We're a new publication dedicated to hero cars of the Eighties, Nineties and 2000s – and as the Honda NSX is a hero car, we're planning major feature for a future issue.
We've already sourced a car for the feature, but what I'm looking for are two NSX owners to talk about their ownership experiences. We'd need a picture of you to go with your words, so no shrinking violets. Would anyone be able to assist?

And if you've picked up a copy of Modern Classics, what do you think of it?*

*Paper quality aside ;)

Nathan Chadwick
Acting Managing Editor, Modern Classics magazine

Kaz-kzukNA1
12-01-2016, 02:46 PM
Hi, Nathan.
Welcome to the forum and thank you for contacting us for the source of information.
In order to support you better, It would be nice if you can be a little bit more specific on the subject, articles that you would like to cover in your feature.

For example, if it’s aimed as a buyer’s guide, then nice to have long term owner for the real voice as well as for the ‘things to watch out’. Having new owner who just bought it together with the long term one would be interesting to see how the market price changed and to reflect the latest price. If you can search this Forum, you will find lots of owners being not happy with many articles with wrong information, no feedback from long term owners, not reflecting the latest market price, etc although being as the owner, I’m quite sure some of our views are biased.

If it’s more of historical review, I strongly recommend visiting the Honda Worldwide website and read the background story as a basic knowledge.
http://world.honda.com/history/challenge/1990thensx/index.html

While it’s only 7 pages, the original story was written in Japanese and it was in more than 100 pages so with just 7 pages in English, you will only get the basic but at least, you will know that the project started nothing like ‘let’s create NSX’ and it was just a Research project investigating the effect of drivetrain package on the handling and in fact, it was once dismissed at the very beginning.

If you can set approximate time limit for becoming the candidates, that may also help in pushing the things done in time for the release of your magazine.

Hope some of the owners here can assist you.

Kaz

nayf_modern_classics
12-01-2016, 06:56 PM
Hi, Nathan.
Welcome to the forum and thank you for contacting us for the source of information.
In order to support you better, It would be nice if you can be a little bit more specific on the subject, articles that you would like to cover in your feature.

For example, if it’s aimed as a buyer’s guide, then nice to have long term owner for the real voice as well as for the ‘things to watch out’. Having new owner who just bought it together with the long term one would be interesting to see how the market price changed and to reflect the latest price. If you can search this Forum, you will find lots of owners being not happy with many articles with wrong information, no feedback from long term owners, not reflecting the latest market price, etc although being as the owner, I’m quite sure some of our views are biased.

If it’s more of historical review, I strongly recommend visiting the Honda Worldwide website and read the background story as a basic knowledge.
http://world.honda.com/history/challenge/1990thensx/index.html

While it’s only 7 pages, the original story was written in Japanese and it was in more than 100 pages so with just 7 pages in English, you will only get the basic but at least, you will know that the project started nothing like ‘let’s create NSX’ and it was just a Research project investigating the effect of drivetrain package on the handling and in fact, it was once dismissed at the very beginning.

If you can set approximate time limit for becoming the candidates, that may also help in pushing the things done in time for the release of your magazine.

Hope some of the owners here can assist you.

Kaz
Thanks for the welcome Kaz :)

Shawnsx5
13-01-2016, 02:38 AM
hi nathan,

i love the magazine and have both the first 2 issues, well done and keep it going.

neil

sorepaws
13-01-2016, 01:49 PM
not sure I would know what to say, other than, you get in it and even after months it starts first time, it goes, it's drivable, even in snow (a mate wrote off his XK following me down the A3 in the snow ). Awesome everyday car.

Problem Child
13-01-2016, 01:55 PM
Thanks for the welcome Kaz :)

Why not post the questions on the Forum and you will get a selection of answers from different forum members. You can then choose the one you want. I think having owners input to the article makes good sense given that we always think articles are badly researched and poorly written as a result.

nayf_modern_classics
13-01-2016, 02:26 PM
Why not post the questions on the Forum and you will get a selection of answers from different forum members. You can then choose the one you want. I think having owners input to the article makes good sense given that we always think articles are badly researched and poorly written as a result.

I'm writing the buying guide part of the feature. My editor Keith (some may know him from Evo/Octane) will be driving the cars. If you could PM me the things that people usually get wrong/myths, then I can research them properly. I want to do a good job, after all, and more than that I'm a big fan of Alfa Romeos and Maseratis (forgive me), and a lot of myths usually get copy and pasted from article to article about those – so I understand the frustration. Modern Classics seeks to do things properly.
Thanks,
Nathan