PDA

View Full Version : Window Sticker

Senninha
06-01-2016, 08:09 AM
With interest continuing to rise in our beloved NSX, and a new model due to grace our shores within 12 months, there have been new requests for a 'club' rear screen sticker .....

The following is a simple solution ... To use the website banner and simply overlay the www.NSXCB.co.uk (http://www.NSXCB.co.uk) address.

I'm sure there must be owners with artistic flair, access to production facilities that can offer further ideas.

Please share your ideas. The moderators will then compile a shortlist from which selections can be voted for.

The forum will cover production costs (within reason) and all income from the sale of the chosen sticker(s) will go back into the maintenance of the forum.

So, make yourself a coffee, be creative and please share your ideas

Thank you

NSXGB
06-01-2016, 08:46 AM
Something simple along the lines of the Euro NSX Club sticker I think would work - Side profile \ silhouette of car with large NSXCB and smaller lettering with ".co.uk".

http://www.nsxclubeurope.com/forums/

Kaz-kzukNA1
06-01-2016, 12:45 PM
I’m not good at in designing but some feedback from the past experience in the material.

Would love to have something simple in light colour such as white, light grey, etc and also something that can be removed without leaving trace.
The UV ray will fade the sticker colour depending on the material used. (By the way, best avoid placing any stickers on the paint work unless you use UV transparent material. Paint will fade over years and you may leave the shade of sticker on the paint if left for long time.)
Heat will also change the colour of the sticker and it could be caused by the chemical reaction between the adhesive and the sticker material.

Red pigment may contain metal particles (even it’s not metallic like appearance) that may affect the reception of certain frequency radio signal depending on where the sticker is placed.

I think one of the member here made very simple 'www.nsxcb.co.uk' sticker in white as a private project long time ago.
Would be nice to have something similar as an option together with another design including some sort of side profile of our NSX like NSXGB proposed.

Any images, text logo, markings, etc to be reviewed from the point of copyright.

Kaz

britlude
06-01-2016, 04:40 PM
I think one of the member here made very simple 'www.nsxcb.co.uk' sticker in white as a private project long time ago.

Kaz

like this one......

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn41/thisYup/nsx%20stuff/WP_20160106_14_16_11_Pro.jpg (http://s301.photobucket.com/user/thisYup/media/nsx%20stuff/WP_20160106_14_16_11_Pro.jpg.html)

been on the car since about 2006!!!!

i'll have a play when i get a chance!

Pride
06-01-2016, 06:19 PM
I still think Johnathans earlier design looks great, just maybe adding the CB element to it.

And before anyone thinks it's only because of the blue undercar hue, well it's not, it's the sexy outline of our car that does it for me.

Kaz-kzukNA1
06-01-2016, 06:38 PM
like this one......

been on the car since about 2006!!!!

i'll have a play when i get a chance!
Looking at all of your projects including the aftermarket ball joint, ‘Hat’ at SSC2015 and recent post of butterfly hat, your creation always amazes me.

It would be nice if you can come up with something for the sticker, with simple version like in your photo and another one with bit more artistic design.

I didn’t realise that white sticker was that big.
I thought it was more like just 5 x 15cm….
Is it still white after all these years and not turned into yellowish colour even under the sunlight and the heat from the engine bay?
Is it attached from inside or just placed on the outside of the glass?

May be two size format would be nice if the cost is acceptable.

Kaz

britlude
06-01-2016, 07:06 PM
the sticker is 190mm wide and 15mm tall... the tarty photography angle makes it look bigger!

i did it in a light grey vinyl, white was just too bright! it's not discoloured in the time it's been on the car

it's on the inside of the glass for extra durability!

i did have some stickers printed up at one time for another club, a printed design on a chrome foil base, looked great, but didn't take long for the ink design to fade with light exposure. so that's something that would need to be investigated if a multicolour printed design was put forward. and that was a company that did major sign-age projects!!

marknsx
06-01-2016, 08:21 PM
well if pride wants blue under lighting then the car has to be red

Pride
06-01-2016, 09:04 PM
well if pride wants blue under lighting then the car has to be red

I was secretly hoping someone would suggest that 😎........................Only Joking!!!!:D

marknsx
06-01-2016, 09:52 PM
im not sure that i would want a window sticker. Maybe a body decal. I want to individualise my car with something that can be removed if necessary. A ref to NSXCB seems appropriate as it covers all members without singling out a particular model. I had thought the decal could be adhered to the engine cover projecting onto the rear window. Perhaps something good to go on a roof or rear wing.
As for what the decal should portray... I like Prides suggestion using the profile of the NSX. Maybe colour coded to match your own NSX.

Problem Child
06-01-2016, 10:37 PM
I still think Johnathans earlier design looks great, just maybe adding the CB element to it.

And before anyone thinks it's only because of the blue undercar hue, well it's not, it's the sexy outline of our car that does it for me.

We had been discussing using same for the website so it would make sense. The text would look better beneath the car (in my opinion)

Hagasan
06-01-2016, 11:12 PM
We had been discussing using same for the website so it would make sense. The text would look better beneath the car (in my opinion)

I agree. The writing obscures the cars "shape" Weren't T-shirts on the agenda too?

britlude
06-01-2016, 11:35 PM
i was looking for the other versions of the silhouette artwork, then realised they are hidden in the club section...... lol

NSXGB
07-01-2016, 07:11 AM
i was looking for the other versions of the silhouette artwork, then realised they are hidden in the club section...... lol

Which one did you want, this one?

marknsx
07-01-2016, 09:51 AM
Nice would like that as a red car black roof. No under lighting please

marknsx
07-01-2016, 09:53 AM
There is a local sign writer here in lymington. Old school has been doing this kind of work for 30 years. No machines all hand drawn. May be worth talking to him. No computer or cell phone.!

NSX 2000
07-01-2016, 10:01 AM
I would like to suggest a round sticker that would be the same size as the old tax disc, so that you can utilise tax disc holders if you still have them.

NSXGB
07-01-2016, 05:28 PM
I would like to suggest a round sticker that would be the same size as the old tax disc, so that you can utilise tax disc holders if you still have them.

...there's always one...

Nick Graves
07-01-2016, 05:54 PM
Which one did you want, this one?

You might have to ask Honda nicely about that!

I understand Dali Racing had to stop making their baseball caps with a similar device embroidered on the front, because Honda had copyrighted it. Which was a shame.

Pride
07-01-2016, 08:16 PM
Just use the siluette, Honda uk won't care two hoots imo, it will just massively delay finalising the design, can you imagine getting them to authorise it, it will be put in pending for years. Just use it!!!!

Ive already made a tee shirt and polo shirt with the design on it. What are Honda going to do, say take it off every time they see it.:)

And when Dali wanted to use it the car was current but now all their attention and image protection is on the new model, so relax and let's get a design sorted out as it will be another year with no club "sticker".

marknsx
07-01-2016, 08:26 PM
When I agreed sponsorship for a charity London to Paris cycle ride with lotus they would not permit us to put lotus on the team shirts. I was informed that they pay a team of lawyers a **** load of money to take on anyone using their brand without official sanction

britlude
07-01-2016, 10:19 PM
but the etchings i'm playing with are generated from MY picture. the owner of the subject has absolutely no say over the use of the picture!

i know this as my car was used on promo material for a show. my permission was not needed as the copyright was owned by the photographer, NOT by me for building/owning/presenting the car!

i even had to pay to get into the show with THE car on their promo posters!

anyhoo, much as anyone who rips off a design, they just have to tweak it slightly so it's not a copy, but just similar, or inspired by!

had a tweak of the design, hopefully allaying copyright concerns....

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn41/thisYup/general%20pics%20for%20email/toy.png (http://s301.photobucket.com/user/thisYup/media/general%20pics%20for%20email/toy.png.html)

and of course the Pride version...

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn41/thisYup/general%20pics%20for%20email/toyp.png (http://s301.photobucket.com/user/thisYup/media/general%20pics%20for%20email/toyp.png.html)

nobby
08-01-2016, 09:04 AM
Agree with Pride... its not as if the club is going to make loads of money ... there is a few hundred of us. Honda is not going to waste time worrying about us breaking IP. We bought their cars, we own them we do what we want with them. There are plenty of business out there ripping off their parts etc which i think they would be more interested in.
Honda have enough to worry about other than worrying about NSXCB using a sketch of their design on a sticker

And i too have t-shirts etc with logos etc and the Honda police has never questioned me and if they did they would be told a nice swift response!

Just get one made that we all like and if it breaches IP who is really gonna care?!

kingsley
08-01-2016, 12:27 PM
but the etchings i'm playing with are generated from MY picture. the owner of the subject has absolutely no say over the use of the picture!

i know this as my car was used on promo material for a show. my permission was not needed as the copyright was owned by the photographer, NOT by me for building/owning/presenting the car!

i even had to pay to get into the show with THE car on their promo posters!

anyhoo, much as anyone who rips off a design, they just have to tweak it slightly so it's not a copy, but just similar, or inspired by!

had a tweak of the design, hopefully allaying copyright concerns....

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn41/thisYup/general%20pics%20for%20email/toy.png (http://s301.photobucket.com/user/thisYup/media/general%20pics%20for%20email/toy.png.html)

and of course the Pride version...

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn41/thisYup/general%20pics%20for%20email/toyp.png (http://s301.photobucket.com/user/thisYup/media/general%20pics%20for%20email/toyp.png.html)

Hi Jonathan.....Love your response.....May be before we go down the Pride version we should check to make sure that the LEDs are still blue ...Clive may have changed them.

Kingsley

Pride
08-01-2016, 01:04 PM
They're actually multi colour choice, so I can change them to what ever colour suits. Lol:D

Problem Child
10-01-2016, 09:34 AM
Just use the siluette, Honda uk won't care two hoots imo, it will just massively delay finalising the design, can you imagine getting them to authorise it, it will be put in pending for years. Just use it!!!!

Ive already made a tee shirt and polo shirt with the design on it. What are Honda going to do, say take it off every time they see it.:)

And when Dali wanted to use it the car was current but now all their attention and image protection is on the new model, so relax and let's get a design sorted out as it will be another year with no club "sticker".

Honda are more protective of the "H" and have already told us not to use the H and NSX together so I had to change the owners club website, that's why we want to use Jonathans silhouette....he owns that not Honda!

Senninha
12-01-2016, 12:59 PM

Good idea, its what Mercedes have done too ....

sorepaws
12-01-2016, 01:04 PM
This all depends if we want to get Honda to cooperate with us at events etc.
For sure there are not many of us, but in the end who would come off worse?
Be warned IP and Copyright are fiercely protected by all companies. As an idividual you might be able to get away with something, however as soon as a group are involved it will be a different matter.

Agree with Pride... its not as if the club is going to make loads of money ... there is a few hundred of us. Honda is not going to waste time worrying about us breaking IP. We bought their cars, we own them we do what we want with them. There are plenty of business out there ripping off their parts etc which i think they would be more interested in.
Honda have enough to worry about other than worrying about NSXCB using a sketch of their design on a sticker

And i too have t-shirts etc with logos etc and the Honda police has never questioned me and if they did they would be told a nice swift response!

Just get one made that we all like and if it breaches IP who is really gonna care?!

WhyOne?
13-01-2016, 01:10 AM
This all depends if we want to get Honda to cooperate with us at events etc.
For sure there are not many of us, but in the end who would come off worse?
Be warned IP and Copyright are fiercely protected by all companies. As an individual you might be able to get away with something, however as soon as a group are involved it will be a different matter.

100% agree with Mike on this one.

marknsx
24-02-2016, 04:01 PM
Pride
Im just making up a logo for a jacket with NSX Club Britain based on the Club Europe Logo. I wanted to get some colour into it. What have you used in the past on T shirts etc

nobby
25-02-2016, 08:21 AM
Has there been any progress yet on an official club design ... are we still procrastinating?

Sudesh
26-02-2016, 06:53 AM
Something that says

" Should have bought a Diesel or Real Supercar"

Sudesh
26-02-2016, 06:56 AM
Sure you're selling yours and and moving to a silly old Fcar are you not? You don't need a decal now. Just stick to the motorbike and sell the NSX to me?

Has there been any progress yet on an official club design ... are we still procrastinating?

nobby
26-02-2016, 07:48 AM
Ohh aye forgot about that little tit-bit of information!
:)

as you have said to me always in the past "if the price is right ... "

Sudesh
26-02-2016, 07:52 AM
You need some of that medication Im on old Bull lol....... Then the MRI too.

Ohh aye forgot about that little tit-bit of information!
:)

as you have said to me always in the past "if the price is right ... "

dcnsx
01-02-2017, 06:10 PM
Any progress on the sticker? What about the club logo at the top of the page with a silhouette of the car, clear reversible outlined in white?

Senninha
03-02-2017, 12:17 PM
Any progress on the sticker? What about the club logo at the top of the page with a silhouette of the car, clear reversible outlined in white?

This has been discussed on and off many times over the past decade ... If someone can put forward couple of designs we can vote and find out production costs ...

britlude
03-02-2017, 03:39 PM
Any progress on the sticker?

it's only been a year......

anyway, is the question for the honda nsxcb club forum thing sticker

or the honda nsx owners club thing sticker???

NSXGB
03-02-2017, 09:29 PM
it's only been a year......

anyay, is the question for the honda nsxcb club forum thing sticker

or the honda nsx owners club thing sticker???

...the People's Front of Judea...or the Judean People's Front?

dcnsx
04-02-2017, 04:31 AM
...the People's Front of Judea...or the Judean People's Front?
What ever happened to the popular front Reg?....He's over there. Splitter!!! :)

Jon Gordon
21-06-2017, 03:40 PM
What about using the club logo, I think it would make a attractive sticker.

jon Gordon