PDA

View Full Version : Japfest 2016

SILVER BULLET
01-01-2016, 06:41 PM
Happy New Year to everyone, I have noticed that Japfest (South) has changed it's location from Castlecombe to Silverstone for 2016 onwards, will this renew enthusiasm for this event amongst our membership ? Access will be so much easier for the majority of members and our club already meets with Silverstone's status requirements.

Hagasan
01-01-2016, 07:47 PM
Happy New Year to everyone, I have noticed that Japfest (South) has changed it's location from Castlecombe to Silverstone for 2016 onwards, will this renew enthusiasm for this event amongst our membership ? Access will be so much easier for the majority of members and our club already meets with Silverstone's status requirements.

Sounds like it could do just that...Renew interest. It's also on a Sunday. 24th April... HNY by the way :)

sorepaws
04-01-2016, 11:59 AM
I will register the Club with the organisers
Feliz Ano Nuevo

SILVER BULLET
04-01-2016, 09:56 PM
Mucho Gracias :)

sorepaws
05-01-2016, 10:56 AM
THE HONDA NSX OWNERS CLUB - BOOK YOUR CLUB STAND FOR JAPFEST 2016!
Britain’s biggest celebration of Japanese car culture is moving to the iconic new home of Silverstone Circuit on 24th April 2016, and we’re happy to announce club bookings are open!

NEW BOOKING SYSTEM FOR CLUBS
We’ve changed the way club bookings work this year, meaning that individual club members can book their own tickets and vehicle passes for your stand. Please follow the following instructions...
1. Club members must go to japfest.co.uk/club-info to book their tickets
2. Next, select their Club from the menu and enter the Club's Personal Password*
3. Proceed to select required tickets and place order
4. Once booked, they will receive a confirmation email as proof of payment
YOUR CLUB'S UNIQUE PASSWORD IS Posted in the Owners Club section of the NSXCB Forum - this is to cover members with PLI

We ask that you distribute this to your members in order for them to book their tickets and vehicle passes. Club space will be allocated on a first come first served basis. The deadline to book club tickets is Friday 18th March, subject to space availability.

If you have any difficulties, our club support helpline is available on 01959 543 724 between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday.

CLUB TICKET PRICES FOR 2016
We’ve got a range of tickets to suit you, If you’re a Japfest superfan then we even have an Early Bird Package for all three Japfest events saving £12 on the combined ticket prices.
• Club Early Bird Package £48 - includes show entry at Japfest and show entry and pre-show camping at Japfest Rock! (previously Japfest 2) and Japfest Motorsport Heroes.
• Club Weekend Camping Ticket £28 - includes show entry and pre-show camping.
• Club Advanced Show Ticket £18 - includes show entry.
We're also offering Early Bird Tracktime exclusively to clubs on the famous Silverstone National Circuit at just £30 per 20 minute session, saving £5 when booked before 31st January.

Kaz-kzukNA1
05-01-2016, 08:28 PM
Happy New Year everyone.
Before someone starts questioning….

If you are wondering where the name for our Club in the booking system of the Japfest, then it has been registered under the name as ‘The Honda NSX Owners Club’.
However, without the password mentioned below, you won’t be able to make ticket booking.

The Club’s personal password for Japfest 2016 will be posted in the appropriate place once the Club officers decide on where to display the Club information for this year or at least for the early part of this year as some of the events are already accepting ticket order.

The Public Liability Insurance (PLI) is still in effect until certain point of this year and at the time of writing, with the announced date of Japfest 2016 as 24/Apr/16, we are covered.
Please note that unless you become the 2016 The Honda NSX Owners Club member, you won’t be covered by the PLI unless the person qualify in the category stated in the Club’s constitution or the special agreement arranged as per the constitution.

Hope we can start displaying the Club event info very soon.
Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
Kaz
chairman – The Honda NSX Owners Club (THNOC, the Club)
admin – NSX Club Britain (NSXCB, the Forum)

Kaz-kzukNA1
10-01-2016, 06:21 PM
Japfest 2016 Club ticket password is now in the hidden 'The Club area' forum that you can only access after joining THNOC - the Club and after the NSXCB Forum administrators managed to make necessary changes to your User Control Panel.

Thank you.

Kaz

sorepaws
19-01-2016, 10:25 AM
we need at least 5 cars for a club stand :-

I wont be able to go as my car is in storage due to remodelling work at the house

nakatomitower
05-02-2016, 11:36 AM
I'll be there as am on the lookout for an R34, so excellent chance to mingle with the enthusiasts and get the lowdown.

I'm happy to represent THNOC/NSXCB, hopefully not alone tho !

Anyone else thinking of going ?

havoc
05-02-2016, 09:53 PM
I'll probably be there this year...be nice to immerse myself in rice again for a change! ;)

nakatomitower
06-02-2016, 01:42 PM
nice one, so 2 of us so far at the mo.....I guess we need 3 more for the club stand. Anyone else fancy it ??

Hagasan
06-02-2016, 02:04 PM
nice one, so 2 of us so far at the mo.....I guess we need 3 more for the club stand. Anyone else fancy it ??

I possibly will but can't be 100% right now...

lotusolly
06-02-2016, 06:31 PM
I should be able to make this too but like Gary can't confirm at the min

Olly

Kye_P
07-02-2016, 10:53 AM
Hi, Id like to join and happy to show the car.

1. nakatomitower
2. havoc
3. Kye_P
*. (Hagasan)
*. (lotusolly)

L696ULO
08-02-2016, 05:08 PM
With the Supercar Siege date in limbo at the moment I'll be coming to Japfest.

1. nakatomitower
2. havoc
3. Kye_P
4. L696ULO
*. (Hagasan)
*. (Lotusolly)

We just need one more definite attendee, anyone ??

Regards Rich

Silver Surfer
08-02-2016, 11:19 PM
I be up for this.

SS

sorepaws
09-02-2016, 02:09 PM
JapFest Attendee List

1. nakatomitower
2. havoc
3. Kye_P
4. L696ULO
5. SilverSurfer
*. (Hagasan)
*. (Lotusolly)

Senninha
09-02-2016, 09:28 PM
Is this for club members only or can forum members come along please?

nakatomitower
09-02-2016, 10:24 PM
Of course all are welcome to go to the event, but I believe the only way to register for the club stand is by using "The Honda NSX Owners Club" password, so you need to be a club member to get that.
I'm taking the whole family and some friends, so the discount I received as a club member has pretty much covered the £20 I paid to be a member........no brainer :-)

sorepaws
10-02-2016, 11:47 AM
Is this for club members only or can forum members come along please?

As we are required to provide PLI this is an THNOC event. However the ticket price is reduced for clubs so should cover the cost of club membership.

L696ULO
10-02-2016, 03:08 PM
Just a reminder for those who have put their names on the list of attendees and for those still contemplating joining us the deadline for the Club stand tickets (£18) is FRIDAY 18th MARCH.

Come on Senninha (you know you want to), Geoff (I think there's still time for you to get to the Pancake 2016 in July)

Rich

nakatomitower
12-02-2016, 11:43 PM
I'm fully booked now, see you guys there :-)

L696ULO
13-02-2016, 07:46 AM
I booked the other day too.

Rich

L696ULO
13-03-2016, 01:12 PM
For those who showed a possible interest in attending and others who might not of seen the thread the deadline for stand tickets is this coming Friday 18th

Problem Child
18-03-2016, 09:09 PM
Just a reminder for those who have put their names on the list of attendees and for those still contemplating joining us the deadline for the Club stand tickets (£18) is FRIDAY 18th MARCH.

Come on Senninha (you know you want to), Geoff (I think there's still time for you to get to the Pancake 2016 in July)

Rich

booked.....on my way

havoc
18-03-2016, 10:09 PM
Me too...see you all in a month...

Hagasan
19-03-2016, 12:08 AM
I booked too.... Still don't know if can make it though :)

Silver Surfer
19-03-2016, 12:40 AM
Booked...:)

SS

nakatomitower
15-04-2016, 07:57 AM
no sign of the Japfest tickets yet..........anyone got theirs ?

L696ULO
15-04-2016, 10:53 AM
Me neither............

Hagasan
15-04-2016, 04:32 PM
Maybe just print off the attachment with the confirmation email? That has your order number and car details etc. Probably suffices in the absence of a posted ticket?

nakatomitower
16-04-2016, 05:13 PM
Found a help number on the Japfest email confirmation, 01959 541444. Will call on Monday and confirm what the deal is

Kaz-kzukNA1
16-04-2016, 06:34 PM
Seems like other car clubs are in the same situation.
According to Japfest FAQ section, the ticket will be emailed. Some sort of barcode to be scanned at the gate???
Not sure how they deal with the car pass though.
No info on Japfest Twitter/Facebook account.
Searched the web and some people actually received an email today with strange subject line and some sort of link contained in the mail body that doesn’t work resulting in 404 not found…..

The T&Cs on Japfest website staes that - 10. Tickets and passes will be despatched no later than one week before the Event. The Event Organisers are not liable for lost tickets. - and it's just about to hit their own time limit....

Best contacting them on Monday and please share the info here as well. The contact detail is on their website as well.

Kaz

Hagasan
16-04-2016, 09:37 PM
Just had my ticket emailed to me..

Problem Child
16-04-2016, 10:14 PM
Just had my ticket emailed to me..

Got an email a few minutes ago....Sh1t! I'd better leave now!

L696ULO
16-04-2016, 10:38 PM
Me too, I got an email about 10.30 tonight

nakatomitower
17-04-2016, 07:50 PM
ditto, got an email at 10:33pm on Saturday with a link to download tickets and car pass in PDF format....all good now.
See you guys next Sunday.

Problem Child
18-04-2016, 08:11 PM
So how many cars are attending. Are there any convoys coming up from the south on either the M1 or M40? When are we all planning to get there?

L696ULO
19-04-2016, 01:24 PM
Anyone tried printing their tickets?

When I go on to the link I only get an option to print the Club show ticket and nothing under 'your car pass'. I booked using the club code and it confirmed NSXCB.
According to Japfest you must have a vehicle pass to get to the stand or you will have to park in the public car park. The show ticket can't be the only one as it doesn't have which entrance to use.

cheers Rich

Problem Child
19-04-2016, 01:37 PM
Anyone tried printing their tickets?

When I go on to the link I only get an option to print the Club show ticket and nothing under 'your car pass'. I booked using the club code and it confirmed NSXCB.
According to Japfest you must have a vehicle pass to get to the stand or you will have to park in the public car park. The show ticket can't be the only one as it doesn't have which entrance to use.

cheers Rich

I managed to download both my ticket and the pass. Assuming its not specific to my car I will email it to you. Please email me on

geoffoneill1201'at'gmail'dot'com [Kaz-kzukNA1: For spam protection, please replace 'at' and 'dot' accordingly.]

and I will respond

L696ULO
19-04-2016, 01:41 PM
email sent

cheers Geoff

L696ULO
22-04-2016, 11:18 AM
Finally got my vehicle pass.

See you all there, Geoff are you on car cleaning duty?

Rich

Problem Child
22-04-2016, 12:26 PM
Finally got my vehicle pass.

See you all there, Geoff are you on car cleaning duty?

Rich

Car cleaning??? That was Wednesday....Im on my way now!

havoc
23-04-2016, 08:01 PM
Has anyone received any info from the organisers about where our Club area is in the infield?

L696ULO
23-04-2016, 10:39 PM
I read somewhere go to the T gate and their marshals will direct you to the spot

see you there tomorrow

havoc
24-04-2016, 06:52 AM
That's great, but where's the T-gate???

Publicity / organisation has been woeful compared to the motorsport events I've been to there...

L696ULO
24-04-2016, 04:06 PM
Back from the Silverstone Japfest and have now thawed out!

5 NSX on the stand area, for a change 1 red, yellow and silver and 2 LBB. A red one spotted in another area and an early white type r on the Torque-GT stand.

Hissing it down most of the way en route but at least it was dry whilst there.

nakatomitower
24-04-2016, 05:22 PM
back home too in the warm, man was it cold out there !! so not as enjoyable as SCCS 2015.

I stayed around to watch the drift cars on the track, now that's something I definitely want to learn how to do :-)

Good seeing the few guys who made it to the fest, but am going to stick to summer events from now on.

havoc
24-04-2016, 08:54 PM
Good to see a few of us guys there. Not a bad event, but the car-clubs are all fragmented / regional / competing, so there was no real 'theme' to each area (GT86s and RX7s aside), so once you'd wandered around a handful of club areas the rest got a little samey. Left once it started raining...wasn't a lot I hadn't seen.

The drifting was great entertainment...I'm sorting through some photos of it.

Other highlights for me were the variety of RX7s (a couple of gorgeous unmolested limited editions and some nicely modded ones too), seeing there's still a good handful of original DC2s, and special-mention to the very tidy 240Z and that beautiful little Datsun 1500. I'm feeling a little rice'd out otherwise, sorry to say. Was a little disappointed that those last two were the only true classics on display...where were the Hakosukas, the S800s, the 2000GTs (yes, I know, safely locked away in the latter case).

Low-lights - what the royal **** had the guys on that stand done to that poor E-Type??? And the increasing spread of 'stance', AKA style over ability, which in the *** Scene surely has to be base irony, given *** performance metal has always been focused on ability first, style later (if at all).

By the way, if anyone's interested, google "NSX" on instagram - about a dozen photos of our cars on there already.

thelimpingwhippet
24-04-2016, 09:23 PM
If you want to learn to drift try CAT driver training at Millbrook. Expensive but one to one training and well worth it.

nakatomitower
25-04-2016, 09:24 AM
If you want to learn to drift try CAT driver training at Millbrook. Expensive but one to one training and well worth it.

Thanks for the suggestion on the driver training company, and yes, they are expensive.