PDA

View Full Version : London Classic Car Show 18-21 February 2016 - ExCeL London

sorepaws
26-11-2015, 02:39 PM
I have this from the organisers if anyone is interested

THE LONDON CLASSIC CAR SHOW – 18-21 February 2016 - ExCeL London

The London Classic Car Show is the must attend event for any discerning classic car owner, collector, expert or enthusiast. The 2016 Show will bring together an international celebration of the very best dealers, manufacturers, car clubs and products and is nearly double the size of the 2015 event. It also features the Grand Avenue an indoor driving runway where iconic classic cars are fired up and driven. See, hear and smell these beautiful classics in action!

NEW for 2016, Car Club Square will showcase a specially curated display of mouth-watering prestige and performance classics. Evoking the ambience of a 1960s British Motor Show, Car Club Square will also feature appropriate dealer stands and retro entertainment.

NEW for 2016 Our new Speakers’ Corner will offer the chance to engage with dozens of classic car experts across the weekend.

Club member ticket offer: Buy two standard adult tickets for £35 (normally £23 each) including booking fee when you book before 31st December 2015. Find out more and book now at thelondonclassiccarshow.co.uk quoting NSXCB

lotusolly
26-11-2015, 05:03 PM
Hi Mike,

Is there an offer of a club stand for this event or is it just an offer of discounted tickets?

Olly

britlude
26-11-2015, 06:10 PM
if it's the same as last year, it'll be just discounted entry on offer....

i went last year, not really geared up for one make marque clubs.... It seemed more of an opportunity for dealers and auction houses to showcase their wares! we saw Bernie Ecclescake there (we managed not to punch him... just!!!) but gives a hint of the size of wallets they prefer to attend :)

that said, the cruise ship show next door was free entry with the classic show tickets and had some nice giveaways :)

sorepaws
27-11-2015, 10:53 AM
Olly,

as last year they are not really pushing for clubs (shame) however I have contacted the organiser to see if they would like an NSX or 2 - As per Jonathans post I think they are really appealing to those with deep pockets and shallow minds (allegedly)

Hi Mike,

Is there an offer of a club stand for this event or is it just an offer of discounted tickets?

Olly

marknsx
27-11-2015, 05:53 PM
If they will consider shallow pockets and shallow minds then count me in.

Senninha
27-11-2015, 10:59 PM
Went last yr and will be there again, this time on the Sunday ... Reported to be twice the size, plus more for mere mortal budgets ...

lotusolly
01-12-2015, 10:46 PM
Olly,

as last year they are not really pushing for clubs (shame) however I have contacted the organiser to see if they would like an NSX or 2 - As per Jonathans post I think they are really appealing to those with deep pockets and shallow minds (allegedly)

Thanks Mike,

As others have said, that's a bit of a shame.
It would be good to get a few more club events on the calendar for 2016.
I think 2015 must have been the quietest year for meets since NSXCB began!

Is the PLI cost dependant on the number of events attended by the club or is it just a blanket yearly cost that would remain the same if there were more club events?

Olly

marknsx
02-12-2015, 10:52 AM
Paul at Honda in the new forest are talking about puting an event on. Maybe nsxcb can speak to him about his plans

sorepaws
02-12-2015, 12:14 PM
The PLI is a blanket cost dependent only on the number of members not events.

Thanks Mike,

As others have said, that's a bit of a shame.
It would be good to get a few more club events on the calendar for 2016.
I think 2015 must have been the quietest year for meets since NSXCB began!

Is the PLI cost dependant on the number of events attended by the club or is it just a blanket yearly cost that would remain the same if there were more club events?

Olly

sorepaws
02-12-2015, 12:15 PM
Paul at Honda in the new forest are talking about puting an event on. Maybe nsxcb can speak to him about his plans

Mark if you can put him in touch or get more details might get some people interested.

marknsx
02-12-2015, 04:46 PM
Ill be seeing Paul this week I will talk to him about it