PDA

View Full Version : Classic Le Mans 2016 anybody?

Lotus Roy
14-11-2015, 12:21 PM
Hi

As a new boy to NSX ownership I was wondering if NSXs visit the clubs display arena at Classic Le Mans?

I usually go with my Lotus but a trip down in the NSX sounds like fun.

Roy

Pride
14-11-2015, 01:27 PM
I was thinking of doing that one myself next year with my other car club but if a group of NSX's decided to go from here that would be even more fun so please count me in.

Rdevelopments
14-11-2015, 02:00 PM
We are looking to do 2 events As NSXCE in 2016, classic Lemans would be one of them. We're already in contact regarding paddock space!

marknsx
14-11-2015, 08:26 PM
count me in too

Taxi5
15-11-2015, 11:11 AM
Look out for the euro NSX tour. 2015 was really well done.

NSX 2000
15-11-2015, 05:51 PM
Go to normal Le Mans usually, but thinking of going to this. Something all to note, the Euros (football) will be on. The group stages are on during normal Le Mans and the Final is on the same weekend as the Classic.

If we are going as a group a decision needs to be made soon as Hotels are becoming thin on the ground.

Lotus Roy
30-12-2015, 10:52 AM
Thanks for replies guys,

I will be going with my Club Lotus friends as I usually do, But if we can get a paddock parking area for the NSXs I would certainly consider taking the NSX and joining up with you guys at the circuit.

Its a great weekend and a nice drive down.

Happy New Year to all.

I am really enjoying the NSX (bought in the summer) and the only danger is running out of miles on my fixed mileage insurance!

Roy

marknsx
30-12-2015, 03:01 PM
Roy with my Tuscany trip and Le Mans I'm going over the 5000. I assume that I can extend and will pay the extra for the pleasure

havoc
31-12-2015, 12:38 PM
I should be up for this too...been thinking about LMC for a few years now, and can't make the first NSXCE Tour so this would be perfect!

marknsx
06-01-2016, 10:30 PM
whats the cost of this trip?

Rdevelopments
08-01-2016, 05:38 PM
Hi all,

Both Dimer and me are a bit disappointed to post this message. November last year we set out to organize 2 tours.
One based around the Spa Classic with our trusty Luxemburg Hotel (details online now; http://nsxclubeurope.com/2016/01/nsxce-tour-2016-may-13-15-a-weekend-with-sennas-legacy/ ) The second based around the Lemans classic, we have sent emails and called several hotels in the area last year and they didn't take any pre bookings for 2016. As we on average need 30-50 rooms with the amount of people joining. So we have tried again in the rist week of the year and they are not willing to pre-book (nor are there any hotels that still have enough rooms left in a wider area) that much rooms.

We have however been able to arrange a paddock spot at the Lemans Classic where NSX owners can stand together and mingle. We are still trying but we are afraid we won't be able to deliver on this occasion also as we have raised the bar by quite a few notches.

What will we do; we still want to arrange a paddock parking space and we are trying to book an evening dinner for all attendee's at a restaurant nearby. There won't be any evening entertainment like with the regular tour as we simply don't have a location for things like the quiz etc etc.

We are very sorry that we are not able to deliver on this occasion and obviously hope people will join tour 1 and arrange there own stay during tour 2.

On behalf of NSXCE.

Bas & Dimer

havoc
08-01-2016, 06:56 PM
Le Mans hotels were always going to be busy Bas...I don't think anyone would expect miracles, certainly not 30+ room miracles. It'll still be good to get a bunch of us together again somewhere different!

So we'll just check ourselves the options for camping / auberges / hotels / chateaux (Paul - we wouldn't expect you to slum it! ;) ), and we'll just have to split up a bit overnight and meet up at the event. I'm happy to spend a bit of time researching locations and prices...

Evening dinner - Thursday or Sunday are the only 'clear' times but possibly don't work with people's travel plans, so Friday night* or perhaps Friday/Saturday lunch may work better.

Paddock access - anyone going will need to purchase separate tickets for both Paddock access and parking, which appear to need to be purchased at the same time as the main ticket. Do you and Dimer have any idea when you'll be able to confirm if we still need to pay for either/both of these?

Anyway, I may as well start a list of interested people - if people put down their accomodation preferences then we can group-together and hopefully book into the same places:-
1) Martin (havoc) - auberge or hotel - probably arrive Thursday / leave Monday

* Night practice resumes at 22.30 for those wishing to watch...

PS - initial research suggests that tour-operators have block-booked a lot of the local hotels and private camping and are putting significant mark-ups on top...public camping on-site will still be affordable, private camping not too silly, but hotels will either be ~30mins drive or will be £££...
If anyone has any contacts or recommendations for 'good' operators who don't gouge, please post up...

Pride
08-01-2016, 08:37 PM
Le Mans hotels were always going to be busy Bas...I don't think anyone would expect miracles, certainly not 30+ room miracles. It'll still be good to get a bunch of us together again somewhere different!

So we'll just check ourselves the options for camping / auberges / hotels / chateaux (Paul - we wouldn't expect you to slum it! ;) ), and we'll just have to split up a bit overnight and meet up at the event. I'm happy to spend a bit of time researching locations and prices...

Evening dinner - Thursday or Sunday are the only 'clear' times but possibly don't work with people's travel plans, so Friday night* or perhaps Friday/Saturday lunch may work better.

Paddock access - anyone going will need to purchase separate tickets for both Paddock access and parking, which appear to need to be purchased at the same time as the main ticket. Do you and Dimer have any idea when you'll be able to confirm if we still need to pay for either/both of these?

Anyway, I may as well start a list of interested people - if people put down their accomodation preferences then we can group-together and hopefully book into the same places:-

* Night practice resumes at 22.30 for those wishing to watch...

PS - initial research suggests that tour-operators have block-booked a lot of the local hotels and private camping and are putting significant mark-ups on top...public camping on-site will still be affordable, private camping not too silly, but hotels will either be ~30mins drive or will be £££...
If anyone has any contacts or recommendations for 'good' operators who don't gouge, please post up...

I have been to Le Mans a few times and on a couple of European driving tours with this company and have found them to be superb operators for small and large parties/clubs.

The pricing they offer is always very good value for money and they offer from camp site to chateau style options.

It's definitely worth giving them a call as I'm sure they could arrange something exclusive for our NSX club needs.
Ask for Bob Cole, he's the owner of the company but often prepared to cater for any unusual requests or suggestions.

http://www.sceniccartours.com/le-mans-classic-2016/4578726929

Scenic & Continental Car Tours are committed to offering a professional, but personal service alongside a fantastic selection of well priced and good quality tours and events.

Bob, as his tittle suggests is responsible for all of the sales and marketing activities, however he is also responsible for creating most of the products featured on the Scenic & Continental Car Tours programme.

Kieran is our main contact for all Car Club/Group enquiries, he has been with us for over 5 years and has proved himself to be an invaluable member of the team. So if you're looking for somewhere to take your group, or someone to help with the organisation of your group tour, then Kieran is your man! Please feel free to contact him on 01732 879172 (tel:01732 879172).

Lotus Roy
10-01-2016, 02:06 PM
Since I started this thread going, I am delighted to see the response both in arranging things and from members who want to take part. As I said before I shall be going anyway with my Lotus buddies (we camp at Beaumont sur Sarthe north of Le Mans) and circuit and paddock tickets come courtesy of Club Lotus. I now have the difficult decision of whether to take my trusty Elan +2 or my 'new toy' NSX. Whatever, I look forward to meeting up with many of you in the paddock, whether or not I come in the NSX. I tell you what, it is so nice to have a classic that doesn't leak in the winter!! Especially with this winter's weather.

Happy New Year to all (just renewed my Club and forum membership)

Roy

marknsx
10-01-2016, 03:00 PM
Roy you want to be sure if getting thee under your own steam. So take the NSX🎎

NSX 2000
11-01-2016, 10:34 AM

2) NSX 2000 - Hotel but for 4 adults. Will try to do Thursday night to Sunday night.

Lotus Roy
21-01-2016, 10:50 AM
Roy you want to be sure if getting thee under your own steam. So take the NSX

I know, I know Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious..... I hope I am not tempting fate but in a dozen or so trips to Le Mans the Lotus has always got there and got home OK. Mind you we have had modern Jaguars and Ferrari s in the convoy which have given trouble. I must say the Honda is proving delightful to own and to drive so it is a difficult decision.

Watch this space.

Roy

matpp
30-01-2016, 01:01 PM
I've been tying to temp everyone to the LMC over the last 5 years.........my post in 2013 never even received a reply!!

I'm definitely up for it........can we organise entry through the club (deadline 19th February) or has Bas managed to secure club entry through NSXCE? I've contacted Hotel de France in in La Chartre-sur-le-Loir (http://www.lhoteldefrance.fr/) regarding lunch/dinner during the festivities: unfortunately fully booked on Friday lunch but have space Thursday and Saturday evening.

Roy, why would you want to take the Lotus over the NSX?

Pride
30-01-2016, 01:18 PM
Roy, why would you want to take the Lotus over the NSX?

I reckon it's because Roy likes the excitement of not knowing if he'll get there or not.:D

gturner008
31-01-2016, 10:28 AM
I've been to the last three LMC, love it. I'm going with a crowd of guys/girls - camp in Blue. This year I'm taking the NSX, so would be very keen to try and join up with other club members and get some cars together. Cheers. Gary

havoc
31-01-2016, 09:30 PM
I'm planning on attending, just looking into accomodation options (surprisingly few and unsurprisingly expensive!). Torn between:-
- Onsite camping, but would have to be private (if still available), and I would probably struggle to pack tent, sleeping bags, clothes, camera kit etc. for 2 people in the NSX. Even before any food, drink, small toolkit for the car...
- Offsite chateau, either pre-prepped tent or B&B. But would face a 20-30min journey in/out and lose some of the atmosphere.

LeMob and Travel Destinations both seem to have options available, and more affordable than Scenic Car Tours without sacrificing 'reputation'. Any other suggestions?

PS - Paul - you still planning to attend / have you made any arrangements? If I do go the B&B route (likely) and can sort a few rooms together with LeMob would you join us?

matpp
01-02-2016, 03:05 PM
This could be of interest and I stayed at their B&B 2 years ago and will be doing so again this year as the hospitality and food was outstanding.......they also have a newly created self catering gite to accommodante up to 4 people in 2 ensuite rooms. B&B (2 rooms with shared bathroom) = £60.00 per night. Gite = £125.00 per night, self catering, minimum stay 2 nights. They will be happy to provide a meal at a cost of £10.00 per person (worth every penny and I'm fussy!). Loads of private parking space.

It's situated near La Fleche. GPS 47.640744, -0.115262

PM me and I can send you further details and photos.

Dimer
03-02-2016, 09:11 AM
Let's make a list, so we can communicate to LeMans Classic how many spots we need as Clubs are already registering.

2) NSX 2000 - Hotel but for 4 adults. Will try to do Thursday night to Sunday night. 2000
3) Bas
4) Dimer - probably arrive Thursday, leave Monday

matpp
03-02-2016, 11:19 AM
Good idea! Dimer has anything been booked through NSXCE as the club deadline is 19th February from what I gather?

2) NSX 2000 - Hotel but for 4 adults. Will try to do Thursday night to Sunday night. 2000
3) Bas
4) Dimer - probably arrive Thursday, leave Monday
5) Mathieu (matpp) - B&B - arrive Thursday / leave Sunday or Monday

havoc
03-02-2016, 09:42 PM
I've been told Club deadline for a Paddock parking area is Feb 19th, so we probably need to push this a little bit.

I've been researching/collating a shortlist of accommodation options and prices - onsite private camping/glamping, local camping, local static caravan, distant camping, distant B&B/chateau. Much of it is through "tour operators", but I've found a couple who seem flexible on whether to offer a package or individual components. Plus Mathieu's B&B, of course.

Can I suggest we give it until the weekend, then I'll circulate some options to those who've registered an interest and we'll see if we can get a consensus and either get everyone together or everyone in 2 separate sites...

Dimer
10-02-2016, 12:28 PM
So only 5 cars for LeMans from here?

havoc
10-02-2016, 07:12 PM
Looks like it.

In the UK the LMC is the weekend after the now well-established "Pancake Run", so I suspect a lot of NSXCB members won't have the scope to do both...

Dimer/Paul - send me your e-mail addresses, I'll share with you and Bas my accommodation research so far and we'll try and come to a consensus where we get people in one or at most two different locations (I think Mathieu is already sorted). Then if anyone wants to join later on we'll at least have a core for people to sign-up around...

Dimer
11-02-2016, 10:08 AM
Martin, you can reach me on the nsxclubeurope e-mail.

matpp
13-02-2016, 02:38 PM
What happened to Roy (who started this post and now collaborating with Lotus), Pride (LMC is every 2 years so you won't be able to go next year), Mark and Gary?

Pride
13-02-2016, 03:21 PM
What happened to Roy (who started this post and now collaborating with Lotus), Pride (LMC is every 2 years so you won't be able to go next year), Mark and Gary?

Sorry, Havoc summed it up for me I'm afraid, I'd still be recovering from the pancake run the previous week, so in which case maybe in two years then.

Hagasan
14-02-2016, 08:19 PM

Hi Matt,

as I'm already doing the Eurotrip in May, the Pancake run and then Silverstone something's gotta give.. I do shift work and I'm on watch the weekend of the Le-Mans event so it's not so easy... Maybe in two years time?!? Hope those going enjoy..

Gary

matpp
16-02-2016, 09:38 AM
Sorry, Havoc summed it up for me I'm afraid, I'd still be recovering from the pancake run the previous week, so in which case maybe in two years then.

Hi Matt,

as I'm already doing the Eurotrip in May, the Pancake run and then Silverstone something's gotta give.. I do shift work and I'm on watch the weekend of the Le-Mans event so it's not so easy... Maybe in two years time?!? Hope those going enjoy..

Gary

No pressure guys.......the more the merrier as far as I'm concerned! I just hope that mine is not the only NSX to attend the LMC over the past 6 years. Any others out there?

Martin, Dimer, any news from your end as club deadline is in 3 days time?

Lotus Roy
20-02-2016, 02:12 PM

Hi Mattieu,

As I have posted already, I will be going with my Club Lotus friends but I will certainly be there and seek out the NSXs in the paddock parking on the Bugatti circuit.
Looking forward to it already.

Sorry not to have responded earlier but I up-graded to Windows 10 and am finding it very difficult to get the new system to type into the forum. After about 10 letters it starts to type vertically rather than along the line!

Roy