PDA

View Full Version : Nsx r engine mounts

metsuki
30-10-2015, 10:43 AM
(sorry i accidentaly erased my last post...)

hi there,

i am planning to change my engine mounts.
as you know those items are pretty expansive from the dealer.
i found New NSX R engine mounts in japan for a tad of the price.
i am more concern by the good deal than the performance upgrade though

i think i read some where they are a little bit stiffer , but are they different in any other way?

will they fit my 93 nsx LHD with no modification?

thank you for your help!

Kaz-kzukNA1
31-10-2015, 10:25 AM
Hi, metsuki.
(cleaned your original thread to keep this forum tidy...)

While LHD and RHD NSX share the same parts for the all 4 mounts, is your NSX MT or AT?

Which mount are you looking for? Front/rear/right/left?

Any reason why you want to replace it?

The so called Type-R spec is for the Front and Rear ones. Having said this, the Type-R front one became the standard for other models from 97+ inc. the AT.

I have both the Type-R Front and Rear mounts on my 94 MT NSX but it was not something that I specifically wanted but more of originated by my mistake.
Many years ago, I used Devcon (shore 80) to support my original Front and Rear mounts as I thought it will prolong their life.
It made huge difference (in a bad way) that I really got annoyed with the direct noise/vibration at around 40 - 60mph on very rough road surface (UK.....).

So, I had to replace them because of my mistake and bought the Type-R Front and Rear mounts.
At the same time, I thought it would be best to replace the Right and Left mounts as well because new mounts at the front and rear may accelerate the fatigue at the right and left ones if they were not replaced at the same time.

So, all four new mounts went on to my NSX and while it shifted the resonance frequency compared to the original spec, it’s not something necessary unless your existing mount rubber have already split/cut/broken and causing extra noise/vibration.

On our NSX, the sub-frame is directly connected to the chassis frame and eng/gbox assy is connected to the sub-frame through these four mounts.
Gear shift lever is linked to the gbox through the shift cable and not directly connected.
It's midship layout with drive shaft mounted without much angle against the DF.
Therefore, the rotational movement of the eng/gbox assy won’t have much effect in these area.

Please note that the Rear, Right and Left mounts are different between AT and MT models.
At least, the shore is different between the AT and MT mounts.
I have never compared them side by side but addition to the shore, the bolt hole geometry could be different at the Rear and Left one.
I think the geometry of the right one would be the same between AT and MT except for the shore because it shares the same ACG bracket but I’m not 100% sure on this.

Kaz

metsuki
31-10-2015, 10:52 AM
Hi, Kaz

my NSX is MT
i found a deal for all four corners, and like i said, i am more concern by the deal than the performance upgrade... original non type R mounts would have suit me very well
i am planning to change those mounts because i already saw the back one is in a pretty bad shape. if this one is , i think the others are going too!

thank you!

Kaz-kzukNA1
31-10-2015, 02:55 PM
If your NSX is MT, then they will fit regardless of LHD or RHD.
Please double check that you are getting all four and not just the Type-R Front and Rear ones.

On Japanese auction/shopping sites, quite often, I saw 4 mounts in the photo but the Seller was clearly stating (in Japanese) that the item for sale is only the Front and the Rear ones and does not include the Right and Left ones as there is no such thing as Type-R spec for these.

Kaz

Procar Specials
01-11-2015, 05:51 AM
These are the JDM engine mounts.

I have them as spare for my car

http://hondaboard.de/wcf/images/photos/thumbnails/large/photo-12278-956380c1.jpg

metsuki
01-11-2015, 10:27 AM
you are totally right kaz!
my friend in osaka just confirm me that the sell is just for the front and back nsx-r mounts... too bad
i ll wait a little bit, see if i find a good used set

thank you