PDA

View Full Version : Sorn

unclebob
26-10-2015, 03:15 PM
Well its that time of year, 5 more days and its back in the garage till next May! Put on a grand total of 231 miles in six months!

Hagasan
26-10-2015, 04:35 PM
Well its that time of year, 5 more days and its back in the garage till next May! Put on a grand total of 231 miles in six months!

Is it about to snow or do you hibernate??

Pride
26-10-2015, 04:41 PM
Is it about to snow or do you hibernate??

No. I reckon unclebob either has a limited 250 mile insurance policy or know the early evenings have started he has a problem with his lights.:)

Dragonlady
26-10-2015, 07:25 PM
No. I reckon unclebob either has a limited 250 mile insurance policy or know the early evenings have started he has a problem with his lights.:)

He needs to speak to you about lights!

Pride
26-10-2015, 08:10 PM
He needs to speak to you about lights!

Good point Ian, I think I will drop him a pm about my offerings of the latest technology in neons, led's and now laser lighting. If he takes my "wise" advice you should see him glowing on the northern horizon very soon.
You won't need to look for the northern lights once he's kitted out I can assure you..:)

WhyOne?
27-10-2015, 07:27 AM
I have just SORN'd Y1, though I did drive something over 2300 miles over the last 6 months.

It looks like I am going to be working in Kuala Lumpur for a chunk of next year, so Y1 now resides in storage within Aston Martin Vantage and Ferrari 328 GTS for immediate company.

unclebob
10-11-2015, 05:27 PM
i wish i could hibernate, hate winter and yeh id never drive it as a daily driver especially in snow or even rain, using the car as a daily driver, IMHO, would ruin the sense of occasion for me.

britlude
10-11-2015, 07:51 PM
not saying a word!!!

Pride
10-11-2015, 08:16 PM
I will say them for you then, what a waste of so many epic drives you could of had.:(

thelimpingwhippet
10-11-2015, 10:52 PM
If you drive your NSX everyday less than 10% of journeys will be epic. About 20% will be really, really enjoyable and the rest are simply pleasant. However every time you step out of your car, in the super market, golf club or local pub car park you shut the door and appreciate you are very lucky to own a very special car. For some reason you don't get the same feeling of pride when you look at your car in your garage.

Senninha
11-11-2015, 10:05 PM
Thousands recorded, more to come, rain or shine ... Each to their own ...

havoc
12-11-2015, 08:07 PM
If you drive your NSX everyday less than 10% of journeys will be epic. About 20% will be really, really enjoyable and the rest are simply pleasant. However every time you step out of your car, in the super market, golf club or local pub car park you shut the door and appreciate you are very lucky to own a very special car. For some reason you don't get the same feeling of pride when you look at your car in your garage.

I'm with this point-of-view. Probably only drive mine maybe 10 times over winter...but each of those is an event, even if the drive itself is only 'fun' and not epic. Cold days always make the older VTECs sound angrier, in my experience...loved winter commuting in my old 'teg...

marknsx
12-11-2015, 08:27 PM
its an interesting debate. what to do about winter. my mind has turned to finding a secure hutch for my baby. however i want to see its outline every day. she sweats under the external cover. so i remove and dry off or drive. but what do i do when the roads are salted. i have driven 1300 miles in 6 weeks. do i continue? how do you combat the salt? so many questions.
the final, deciding factor maybe that i have an annual 5000 mld max under my insurance. i need to leave enough for the italian wedding trip, (BTW i have 4 persos offering to co-pilot).