PDA

View Full Version : JDM front Door Speakers really quiet

hkz286
06-10-2015, 06:18 PM
hello all

not the usual quiet stereo question I'm afraid,

basically when i bought the car there was no stereo fitted.

Upon inspection there are aftermarket door speakers in the doors and a stock centre speaker.

Great i though, plug in a stereo and away we go (no factory amps etc to deal with)

when i plugged it in, the front door speakers are super quiet, the centre speaker functions as normal. I can hear the front speakers if i put the balance way up front and to each speaker.

I couldnt see any modifications to the stock wiring when i plugged it in so i dont think the stock wiring loom has been messed about with, however i will check properly.

any ideas what it could be? stereo is a clarion DXZ785USB (http://www.crutchfield.com/S-1spUEuiKde4/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?i=020D785USB) (usual internal amp) and the speakers are kenwood dual mags?

will be taking it to pieces soon but wanted to get an idea of what is was before i go looking :)

cheers

nobby
06-10-2015, 06:36 PM
might be best running your own wire from speakers to clarion wiring loom and carry out basic troubleshooting 1st

hkz286
06-10-2015, 06:44 PM
might be best running your own wire from speakers to clarion wiring loom and carry out basic troubleshooting 1st

yeah thats the plan :), thought i might have missed something obvious but cant find anything online.

electrical diagnosis is not my favorite pastime :P