PDA

View Full Version : Silver NSX down M4 Eastbound

AR
29-05-2004, 07:33 PM
Saw this car today around 4:00 pm or thereabouts going towards London on the M4, was it a board member's car ?

Highside
29-05-2004, 10:46 PM
Blimey - I have only had the car two days and already I am getting spotted...

Well, I suppose it would now be rude not to introduce myself and the car: My names Rob, and I am based in Northants. I bought the car on Friday from Bushey near Watford. The car is a 1992 German spec car, and hence LHD. It has a FHSH (including everything from it's German owners), and is in fairly good condition, especialy mechanicaly, although it has covered some distance at 108000 miles, and there are some minor issues / cosmetic bits that I will be working on soon.

While we are on the subject, there are some small issues that members might be able to help me with:

[1] The window regulator is playing up on the Drivers (LH) side. It will go down fine, but is reluctant to go back up, and will stop several times on the way, requiring me to drop it down a bit, then try and get it to go back up. Is this symtomatic of the famous regulator problems that others have mentioned, or is this more a case of giving teh regulator an overhaul? Is Dali the best place to go for the fix-it kit?

[2] Tonight the door locking logic seams to have gone a bit screwy. It all operated fine when I got the car on Friday (typical), but coming home tonight, the central locking is playing up, and the security light is no longer coming on. Any ideas?

[3] Does anyone have any early model standard wheels for sale in reasonable nick? The car is fitted with BBS wheels currently, which are OK, but curbed and tatty.

Thanks in advance for all your help,

Rob

Kevin
30-05-2004, 09:41 AM
There is no window regulator problem as such. What happens, is that after a while the slides become stiff, and the regulator will snap, and the cables come out. If yours is having probs raising then I would clean and lubricate the slides, and replace the original regulator with the Dali billet one. Maybe even the slides need adjustment if they are binding.

I have a set of 15/16 wheels you can have. Make me an offer. They are not in perfect condition though. I'm sure they could be brought up to a nice finish if refurbed.

Highside
30-05-2004, 10:44 AM
Thanks Kevin,

I will order up the regulator bits and have a good look at the slides today.

As for the wheels - I will drop you a PM.

Thanks again,

Rob

P.S. Has anyone got any ideas about the door locking logic?

AR
07-06-2004, 02:28 PM
Oh well I just been working away for a week and no PC. BTW I travelled a lot this week unfortunatly I did not spot a single NSX on my trip.

Highside, your car looks great mate

Highside
07-06-2004, 07:18 PM
Thanks AR - really appreciated!