PDA

View Full Version : White 99 on Autotrader/Pistonheads???

AR
02-06-2006, 09:25 PM
Any good? Other than the fluctuating price it seems quite a nice car, anyone knows anything about it?

Cheers

AR

simonprelude
03-06-2006, 12:38 PM
Just the fact it has been for sale for about a year and the price has seemed quite tempting, to me that only says one thing.

AR
03-06-2006, 05:03 PM
Let's see how it drives on Monday, I was trying to make it there today but work got in the way.

On the price issue, they had it overpriced at around £33K hen they dropped it to £29K now they got excited and put it up again to £30K.

They are aware that I know about the fluctuations in price so at least that is a satarting point.

Cheers

AR

Accelera Comigo
07-06-2006, 04:00 PM
I reckon the same car was for sale at Two Mills for absolutely ages, then it appeared at another dealership - I think the poor thing has been for sale for most of its life. It would need to be cheap, white with red leather will only appeal to a handful of people. Black with red would be nice.

Speaking of which, if the NSX was handmade in one location, why offer only limited colours and interiors to each territory? Mine had Japan/US only cream leather and it was lovely. I don't get it, Ferraris are only standard in Red/Cream in the UK, in the US they go for Red/Tan.

And why not sling a few Type Rs on a boat to England, it was RHD already.

Wierd,

AC

Mr_Spanners
07-06-2006, 04:35 PM
Any news on the white 3.2 car AR? I wonder if the next owner will be tempted to repaint the wheels white and the roof black (and maybe a red H badge on the nose!) ??? 8)

.... oh, and someone should tell them it's Grand Prix white and NOT 'Type R' white!!!

~Phil.

Papalazarou
07-06-2006, 04:38 PM
I was with you until you said white wheels. :shock:

I know it's the Type R look, but I'd rather wear a dress!

James.

Mr_Spanners
07-06-2006, 04:43 PM
I know it's the Type R look, but I'd rather wear a dress!

Careful now James - that's how rumours start!!! :wink:

OK, I'll settle for the black roof - I don't know why but the body-coloured roof on the white car just looks sort of .... well.... odd!! (sorry I can't really quantify that statement!)

~Phil.

markc
07-06-2006, 11:02 PM
Grand Prix White ie Japanese Racing colours, does it get any better? :o

Assuming the car is any good this has to to be the 2nd best (:-)) NSX colour combo to go for?

Personally I'd get the wheels refinished in gery/anthrasite but... whatever!

Mark

Accelera Comigo
08-06-2006, 04:54 PM
Mmmm, I could be swayed towards liking a white NSX if it had a TypeR black roof.

White wheels. Oooh I don't know - a bit 1986 Miami Vice XR3 Essex girl's handbag with matching shoes isn't it. I've had two 968s with yellow wheels though. And one with red wheels. And they were OK because they were in keeping with the Club Sport appearance.

It already has a red interior so would take nicely to a pair of red buckets.

Mmmm

AC

Mr_Spanners
08-06-2006, 05:04 PM
White wheels look fine to me....

http://hondamobilia.vtec.net/Real/Images/1994%20Honda%20NSX-R.jpg

8)

~Phil.

Kevin
08-06-2006, 05:08 PM
Ahem...what's wrong with white wheels?

http://nsxcb.co.uk/forum2/files/dscf0800.jpg

Papalazarou
09-06-2006, 09:27 AM
Denial Denial Denial!

AR
11-06-2006, 02:28 PM
Just got to read this. I turned away from it. Overall it is a nice car but requires IMHO a new paint job, the rear wing is broken on the drivers side ( internally ) front tyres are gone, cambelt service is due, and they are going to change the racing clutch for a Honda one. it has an immobilizer that does not work, aftermarket alarm, aircompressor missing, sun visors split, front spliter well worn. It has had paint work done before and strangely enough the drivers side pillar has been painted.

The car pulls fine, and the salesman was really friendly, but I think that the car is seriously overpriced.

So quite easily one would spend £ 5k just to get it nice. Hardly work the effort at that price.

Cheers

AR

ctrlaltdelboy
11-06-2006, 02:30 PM
Just the fact it has been for sale for about a year and the price has seemed quite tempting, to me that only says one thing.

AR
11-06-2006, 02:40 PM

If it sounds too good to be true...YMMV

FRM70
11-06-2006, 07:43 PM
I have just seen your thread and thought I would let you know I went for a test drive in this car a few months ago, the salesman took me out and proceeded to scare me to death doing 130 mph down a dual carrageway in Sunday afternoon traffic ! I appreciate he was trying to show the cars capabilities but I came away thinking the car had been used 'hard' and the racing clutch was also a concern for me.

I ended up with my 03 LBB and I am delighted I waited for the right one.

Cheers

FRM70

AR
11-06-2006, 07:54 PM
Cheers for the heads up mate. If it was the same salesman, I think I avenged you with my peculiar way of driving :lol: and exploring what was left of the thread on the tyres.

ctrlaltdelboy
11-06-2006, 10:36 PM
LOL!!

I guess those salesmen don't get too many experienced NSX drivers eh?!!