PDA

View Full Version : SOLD - NSX Type R Front lower strut brace

drmikey
17-08-2015, 04:56 PM
Type R front lower strut brace - Good condition, couple of rub marks but thats all.

£100 plus delivery

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d180/drmikey/Race%20NSX/DSC07658_zps1rqf4kns.jpg (http://s35.photobucket.com/user/drmikey/media/Race%20NSX/DSC07658_zps1rqf4kns.jpg.html)

exiges1
19-08-2015, 11:09 AM
Hi, can you tell me what Effect fitting one of these has on the cars handling, steering etc and is it designed to work with other R components?
Thanks,
Tony.

Pride
19-08-2015, 11:22 AM
Hi, can you tell me what Effect fitting one of these has on the cars handling, steering etc and is it designed to work with other R components?
Thanks,
Tony.

IMHO having driven one with it on, albeit on a track day, it will increase feed back through wheel and will decrease torsional chassis twist/movement while giving more directional feel, almost Go kartish.

I think one of the reasons Honda never installed it to the type R is mainly because you will need to permanently remove the black plastic scuttle trim at the top of the bulk head, under the bonnet. But it is very easy to remove and refit the bar when ever you want, not that you'd want to once fitted anyway.:)

NSXGB
19-08-2015, 11:30 AM
This is the LOWER Type R brace not a strut brace. Nothing needs to be removed to fit (apart from bolts obviously). It's purpose is to stiffen the chassis. Usually used with the front brace which sits forward of the radiator.

IMHO having driven one with it on, albeit on a track day, it will increase feed back through wheel and will decrease torsional chassis twist/movement while giving more directional feel, almost Go kartish.

I think one of the reasons Honda never installed it to the type R is mainly because you will need to permanently remove the black plastic scuttle trim at the top of the bulk head, under the bonnet. But it is very easy to remove and refit the bar when ever you want, not that you'd want to once fitted anyway.:)

Pride
19-08-2015, 11:34 AM
Doh!!! Oh yes so it is, cheers Simon.
Ignore second paragraph then:)

drmikey
21-08-2015, 11:50 AM
Now sold

Thanks