PDA

View Full Version : Interior passenger door handle wanted

Ken Green
13-08-2015, 05:14 AM
The passenger interior door handle on my 1997 NXS-T (right hand drive) has snapped. Does anyone kmow where I can get a replacement part?

NSXGB
13-08-2015, 06:22 AM
You can buy repair parts from Science of Speed in the USA, depending which part has broken on yours. They are a fairly common failure. I have a passenger interior door handle spare, which has been repaired but works. You are welcome to this cheap if you want one to get you out of trouble. You may be able to make one good one out of the two depending which of the parts is broken?

Problem Child
13-08-2015, 01:59 PM
The passenger interior door handle on my 1997 NXS-T (right hand drive) has snapped. Does anyone kmow where I can get a replacement part?

Has anyone considered 3D printing of small, simple components like this...could be an idea for all those wanting a new centre console!

NSXGB
13-08-2015, 07:20 PM
Has anyone considered 3D printing of small, simple components like this...could be an idea for all those wanting a new centre console!

I actually enquired with a company about three years ago, maybe more, regarding 3D printing a centre console. Based on a run of 20, scanned and copied would have come in at around £800 each. Not too bad really, possibly be a fair bit cheaper now??
Thinking 3D printing may come to the rescue of a lot of plastic classic car parts in the future.

PS, Sorry for the thread bombing.