PDA

View Full Version : Car inspections in Germany?

goldtop
12-08-2015, 04:08 PM
Confession: I don't know my CV joint from my big end, so I'm looking at getting a car inspection done before buying a classic car. 1950s; an era when cars were much simpler to run/maintain.

The best candidates are all in Europe - with lots in Germany. Does anyone here know if there's a reliable German inspection service available? I know they take their TUV seriously over there.

I'm only looking for the inspection to properly cover general issues, such as rust, bad repairs, suspension/steering/brakes/etc. I wouldn't expect the inspection to cover originality, service history, etc.

Any ideas?

Pride
12-08-2015, 04:35 PM
Confession: I don't know my CV joint from my big end, so I'm looking at getting a car inspection done before buying a classic car. 1950s; an era when cars were much simpler to run/maintain.

The best candidates are all in Europe - with lots in Germany. Does anyone here know if there's a reliable German inspection service available? I know they take their TUV seriously over there.

I'm only looking for the inspection to properly cover general issues, such as rust, bad repairs, suspension/steering/brakes/etc. I wouldn't expect the inspection to cover originality, service history, etc.

Any ideas?

Hi Goldtop, I belong to a great classic car club in W Sussex which is run by a very knowledgable chap who buys and sells classic and vintage cars for a living (in fact he has a barn full for sale) so you might even find something there, but if not, depending on your budgets he offers a great service in going with you to inspect car or cars anywhere in UK and Europe at very affordable rates and if he takes his trailer you can even have it delivered back.

If you wish I can pm you his contact number for a chat.

Just let me know.
Happy hunting.
Clive.