PDA

View Full Version : Dumb question from new owner

Lotus Roy
28-07-2015, 09:11 AM
Hi
Four days into driving my '91 manual NSX (new import from Japan) . Does the car in this spec have bright rear foglights? If so how are they actuated? Having spent most of my driving time so far in torrential rain (home on Friday and home from Silverstone on Sunday) this became quite a riveting train of thought for me.

Enjoying the car though, it is just as special as I hoped it would be . I am just looking forward to dry roads!!

Roy:)

hkz286
28-07-2015, 10:30 AM
Hi
Four days into driving my '91 manual NSX (new import from Japan) . Does the car in this spec have bright rear foglights? If so how are they actuated? Having spent most of my driving time so far in torrential rain (home on Friday and home from Silverstone on Sunday) this became quite a riveting train of thought for me.

Enjoying the car though, it is just as special as I hoped it would be . I am just looking forward to dry roads!!

Roy:)

in japan they would not have been fitted as standard,

however to import one into the UK and pass an MOT test, it requires one to be fitted,

therefore if it is a fresh import from japan and has a current and recent MOT it would stand to reason that you should have one on your NSX :)

usually there will be a switch added to the interior that is aftermarket.

Kaz-kzukNA1
28-07-2015, 11:00 AM
Hi, Roy.
It was nice meeting you on Sunday at the Silverstone Circuit although the weather was not great.

It is not mandatory to have the rear fog light in Japan so all JDM NSX left the factory without it.

As the car was sold to you instead of privately imported (like I did), it should already have extra switch somewhere around the driver side or at the centre console for the rear fog.
Most of the time, the offside/right side ‘backup/reverse’ light bulb was swapped with a Red one to perform as the rear fog light without changing the lens colour to red.

JDM NSX doesn’t have the head light washer or the head light beam adjuster so you can use the OEM rear fog switch installed at the centre console without losing that nice feature of ‘HALF ANT’ height switch for the radio.

Kaz

Nick Graves
29-07-2015, 07:57 PM
I've heard of Eric the Half a Bee, but never of Half Ant.

Had to google that one.