PDA

View Full Version : Double din console surround

coolfunkyd
23-07-2015, 08:07 PM
Thinking of going down the double din route and was wondering if you can buy a centre console surround that has the larger double opening? I keep reading Jonathan's blog where he cuts his existing surround (very scary) so may have to find one to experiment on if they don't make one.

Hagasan
23-07-2015, 08:50 PM
There was one for sale recently in the classifieds..

coolfunkyd
29-07-2015, 08:52 PM
Unfortunately that one has now sold. Have asked a few questions on import sites however they need a part number so they can acquire the part and I am still unsure if the double din console for a RHD NSX exists? Does this mean all you guys and girls who have upgraded have been brave and attacked their existing console with the dremel????

britlude
29-07-2015, 09:20 PM
unfortunately most (if not all) double din consoles are for left hand drive... there occasionally is a call out for enough people to get together for a group buy to get some RHD ones made, but they never get enough people to sign up

there is a stock one listed on ebay at the moment http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-NSX-NA1-PANEL-CENTER-CONSOLE-BLACK-77296-SL0-010ZA-JDM-PARTS-DIRECT-2U-NOW-/191615192216?hash=item2c9d27cc98

or it might be worth putting a wanted call out, you never know, there might be a broken one out there hiding in a garage or loft!

PS... the one in my car had already been broken before i got the car, so not quite the big step to chop it up!

NSXGB
29-07-2015, 09:22 PM
Unfortunately that one has now sold. Have asked a few questions on import sites however they need a part number so they can acquire the part and I am still unsure if the double din console for a RHD NSX exists? Does this mean all you guys and girls who have upgraded have been brave and attacked their existing console with the dremel????

If you look on Lings you can get the part number specific to your car and pass on to the importer. There is a company on eBay advertising a brand new black one for £325 I think. As you say the centre consoles don't come up for sale often for RHD cars.

NSXGB
29-07-2015, 09:24 PM
Great minds....

britlude
29-07-2015, 09:42 PM
Great minds....

of course!!!

coolfunkyd
30-07-2015, 07:50 AM
Thanks guys, that does explain why I have seen pictures of the double din console however been unable to find one. Good thing is if it all goes wrong Jonathan your only down the road from me for a bit of advice.