PDA

View Full Version : Balance Within: The Kakimoto NSX

Pride
28-05-2015, 02:51 PM
I've just stumbled across this interesting little project through speed hunters that you all might be interested in seeing.

Big power and equally big aero are the two main attributes that any serious time attack car will require these days. If you want to go fast you need the power and if you have the power you need to be able to unleash it efficiently, so you can pack on the speed and hold as much of it through corners. Seeing the progression of the sport in the last few year has really been interesting, witnessing those lap times come down, being amazed at the seemingly impossible things that have been achieved, not to mention always wondering how it could all be improved upon. Now this is all well and good but as a mere mortal with a limited budget and a little car project of my own happening on the side, most of these cars are just way too advanced.

That’s why it’s always been the more down to earth builds that have attracted me the most, ever since I started covering the Japanese tuning scene, and I think the car I have for you today is a perfect example of this. Plus, the fact that it’s an NSX makes it all the more special – still one of the most sought-after sports cars to come out of Japan and one that will forever have a special place in everyone’s hearts. This is one of Kakimoto Racing’s latest projects, a car we have seen slowly progress since spotting it for the first time a couple of years back at the Nagoya Exciting Car Showdown. Unfortunately, being based in Osaka, in the Kansai region of Japan, has meant that the Kakimoto crew never really takes the car up north and enters it in time attack events that we know and love, like the Super Battle and Battle Evome. So despite never having seen it in action, this is one car that has always interested me.

http://www.speedhunters.com/2014/02/kakimoto-racing-nsx/

Enjoy.

Pride
28-05-2015, 06:17 PM
And if you liked that you'll love this.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8O9z1V_aE7w