PDA

View Full Version : Dali coolant tank

MattS
24-05-2006, 07:19 PM
Ordered a Dali coolant tank (red and round - looks like a bomb!) last Tuesday. It arrived today and was fiited by lunch. What an improvement over the tupperware original.

Great quality, easy to fit and total cost including shipping and Brown's cut was about £150.

The engine cover is now off for good!

ctrlaltdelboy
24-05-2006, 07:30 PM
http://www.curevents.com/vb/images/smilies/worth.gif

MattS
24-05-2006, 07:45 PM
Told you how much it cost, told you how long it took to arrive! Anyway it's pizzing down outside..............

Just imagine that big white plastic ice cream tub gone and a sleek red barrel with a shiny knob in its place :o I thought you had one of these anyway :wink:

ctrlaltdelboy
24-05-2006, 07:50 PM
ya - mines a polished alu version

I'm just very demanding, so WHERE'S THE DAMN PICS?!!

:lol: :twisted:

MattS
24-05-2006, 07:56 PM
Alright. When it stops raining I'll get the camera out.

Or maybe I'll wait til I get a shiny red engine cover plate. The only red ones I've found from Dali and SOS are the JDM originals and cost about $180 which seems a lot. I've asked MJ from Dali if he could powdercoat one of his homegrown plates, and maybe the manifold covers....

Mr_Spanners
24-05-2006, 07:58 PM
Not sure why Honda chose to stick a plastic pot in the engine bay of a supercar!!! Aesthetics aside replacing the bottle is a damn fine idea as a few cars over 8 years old seem to have issues with either the plastic cap leaking or the adjoining hose fittings splitting\cracking!

I wonder is anyone over here (in the UK) has one of the new SOS tanks? ..... If you've been reading the threads on Prime it would appear that a good number seem to be springing leaks from the viewing tube!!! :shock:

http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/engine_performance_products/NSX/ScienceofSpeed/coolant_tank/new_sight_glass/silver_450.jpg

~Phil.

Kevin
24-05-2006, 08:20 PM
Arrgh, I've got one of those on order. The tube does seem over complicated, when a push fit hose over some ridged bosses will do, maybe with a jubilee clip for extra security.

modarr
24-05-2006, 08:43 PM
Hey Matts,

Its must look really cool judging by the number of hooded youths that I have seen peering into your car. Heck, even saw one guy who wanted to touch it so bad he was innocently levering away at your door.
Almost ordered mine now.
You can fit if I let you. :wink:

Mo

MattS
25-05-2006, 07:12 AM
Hi Mo,

Judging by what sort of car you've just bought, it'll be you wearing the hooded top!

Seriously, what other goodies are you going to order? I'm tempted by the Dali rice rocket exhaust system.. I'll fit that for you too if you like :wink:

Matt

DAVEMAT
25-05-2006, 08:51 AM
Just checked the UPS delivery, and the SOS coolant tank shown should be with me in the next couple of days, i'll let you know how good (or bad) it is when it gets here. :?
I prefered it to Dali's because of the sight glass (tube whatever), but on that note, I ordered a load of engine bay bling off Mark at Dali, and considering the amount of slagging from time to time Mark has recieved, I couldn't fault him, will definately be using Dali again. :D

modarr
25-05-2006, 10:15 PM
Hi Mo,

Judging by what sort of car you've just bought, it'll be you wearing the hooded top!

Matt

A's gonna kills ya fur dat dissin attitude! :twisted:

Seriously, what other goodies are you going to order?

Cool bling like a 90K service pack and window regulator in chrome with gold inserts. Will match my big fat gold ring and me gold toof 8)

TheQuietOne
26-05-2006, 07:45 AM
Hi Mo,

Seriously, what other goodies are you going to order? I'm tempted by the Dali rice rocket exhaust system.. I'll fit that for you too if you like :wink:

Matt

Care to elaborate? I'm guessng blacked out Hummer from the comment :wink:

MattS
26-05-2006, 06:08 PM
Evo IV - looks quite a beast, (til you see who's driving it!)

NSXGOD
28-05-2006, 05:29 AM
http://www.curevents.com/vb/images/smilies/worth.gif

and so is this one :mrgreen:

but the new tanks I told you about will be back from the polisher next week, and they don't leak - I have 12, you may fire when ready.