PDA

View Full Version : Engine Removal

Bob Holmes
24-04-2015, 10:08 AM
I have done a search on this but not found a link so ask for some advice please.

Last time I changed the timing belt, the engine was in the car and remember my hands are just too big for this job, so this time I am thinking of taking the engine out and not having done this before, would like to ask those who have, what way they prefer and if engine out, what I should be careful of.

I have a small lift, a Honda Workshop manual and plenty of time.

darock
24-04-2015, 10:35 AM
OMG I am sooo jealous of your garage ...

Do you have enough space between the arms of the lift to lower the subframe with the engine?

Bernhard

goldtop
24-04-2015, 11:37 AM
Hi Bob, I can't help with advice, but if you would like an extra pair of hands/eyes, I'd be happy to help out which would help me learn more. I'm not too far away.

(also wondering if yours is the NSX I've often seen around Ipswich and possibly at Orford over the last few years?)

Bob Holmes
24-04-2015, 11:39 AM
Good point, thanks Bernhard, I see the offside needs more clearance, I can move the car back on the jacking points and remove the ends of the scissor lift, this looks like it would then clear.
Regards, Bob.

Bob Holmes
24-04-2015, 11:42 AM
(also wondering if yours is the NSX I've often seen around Ipswich and possibly at Orford over the last few years?)

Could be goldtop, had the car a while and plan to keep it a very long time.