PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth connection

Taxi5
04-04-2015, 12:40 PM
Has anyone fitted a Bluetooth adaptor to the standard head? I have an iPod connection fitted rather than the cd system but looking to expand to Bluetooth.

Pride
04-04-2015, 12:48 PM
Has anyone fitted a Bluetooth adaptor to the standard head? I have an iPod connection fitted rather than the cd system but looking to expand to Bluetooth.

Personally, unless it's an everyday driver or you turn the volume up very loud, I would just wear a Bluetooth ear piece as and when required.

Kaz-kzukNA1
04-04-2015, 02:10 PM
Lots of options available and it all depends on what you want to achieve.
If you already have iPod adaptor in place of CD changer port and if you have GROM, there is a Bluetooth receiver that you could add depending on the model you already have.

You can find all sorts of Bluetooth adaptor that can be connected directly to the dock (and possibly lightening) connector as well. Never used one so can’t comment on what it can do such as controlling the device through headunit, etc.

If you have AUX Input feature, one example I used is this;
http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/entry.php?1443-Bluetooth-Receiver

If your device has aptX feature (very likely to be the case for most of the recent devices), you want that also on your Bluetooth adaptor.

Just spend some time to clarify your demand and objective to select the option you want.
Technology around this area evolves so quickly that something that is not possible at the moment may become available within near future so you may want to keep it simple and replace it when the right option becomes available.

Some owners are even using the Bluetooth cassette tape shape adaptor….

Kaz

Taxi5
04-04-2015, 07:34 PM
Perfect thank you.

I have the PA11 HOM so it looks like I can add to it rather than replace.