PDA

View Full Version : Engine Cover Plate

MattS
17-05-2006, 10:13 AM
I was just wondering if any of the more innovative members out there had thought about making engine cover plates (The square bit of metal that sits on top of the engine and looks particularly cool in red with HONDA written on it)?

Dali and SOS do the OEM ones, but they're pretty pricey for what appears to be a flat, albeit painted bit of metal!

I'd certainly be interested if someone here can make them.

Thanks,

Matt

simonprelude
17-05-2006, 10:59 AM
What sort of thing are you looking for and out of what material ??

I was just wondering if any of the more innovative members out there had thought about making engine cover plates (The square bit of metal that sits on top of the engine and looks particularly cool in red with HONDA written on it)?

Dali and SOS do the OEM ones, but they're pretty pricey for what appears to be a flat, albeit painted bit of metal!

I'd certainly be interested if someone here can make them.

Thanks,

Matt

ChrisR
17-05-2006, 11:14 AM
Matt,

The plate is not even metal, it's plastic.

Although the manifold cover it sits on is magnesium 8)

Chris.

MattS
17-05-2006, 05:33 PM
Simon,

Something like this: http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/engine_performance_products/NSX/Honda/intake_manifold_cover/

I reckon the NA2 NSX-R (all red) looks particularly good.

Senninha
17-05-2006, 06:49 PM
It would also look good in carbon fibre (or CF effect) with raised silver lettering....

TheQuietOne
17-05-2006, 07:14 PM
SOS seem to do a CF one, but it has what appears to be a naff raised H badge on it...

Looks like they do the manifold covers for each side too.

charlie:one
17-05-2006, 08:02 PM
what about something like this :) :) :) 8)

Papalazarou
18-05-2006, 07:33 AM
I love that, but what about the alternator? they polish up really well (god I'm so sad :roll: ).

James.

mutley
18-05-2006, 02:55 PM
HI All,

Talking about "polishing" alternator, I found a company that will chrome plate your alternator for about £110.
Anyone interested I'll post a copy of the email they sent me.

"Hi Jim
We can chrome your alternator if it was sent to us for around £110.00 plus delivery charges of £9.95.
The process takes about a week.
We accept credit card orders over the phone.

Thanks Chris.."

The email for this: sales@ces-auto-electrical.co.uk