PDA

View Full Version : Fitting 2002 rear valance to pre 2002 bumper

Mark N
10-03-2015, 02:31 PM
I have finally got around to fitting my 2002 rear valance to my car to complete the 2002 upgrade. My question is has anyone else done this to a UK model ? and did you have to cut the rear valance to allow the number plate holder to fit ? I was under the impression it was a straight swop.

I know Lotus ollie has had his fitted , I took some photos, at last years Silverstone classic but they are not quite at the right angle. I think I now what needs to be done but before I start cutting I want to be sure its the best way and that I am not missing something.

Any advice would be good http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/images/icons/icon14.png
many thanks.

Mark

NSXGB
10-03-2015, 03:59 PM
Should be a straight bolt on as long as you have the UKDM OE top & bottom halves? I think the USDM & JDM number plate recess is narrower, so if you have purchased the Downforce, JDM or USDM lower and have the UK upper, you will have to start cutting it AFAIK.

Mark N
10-03-2015, 04:18 PM
As I thought the original top and bottom halves are UKDM OE with the wider number plate recess and with the euro smile drooping holder .I did purchased the Downforce lower valance along with the Downforce NSX-R type undertray so it looks like time to be brave and start cutting.

Many thanks
Mark

lotusolly
10-03-2015, 04:59 PM
Hi Mark,

The bodyshop fitted mine but as Simon has said I believe you need to trim the lower valance for the number plate surround to fit. The plate surround fits over the top of the area you need to cut so there is a bit of a tolerance. If you want to meet up and have a look at mine then I am happy to do so, just let me know.

Olly

Mark N
11-03-2015, 11:12 AM
Hi Olly

Thanks for the offer to meet up. I have already got the whole back end off the car and started to cut the lower valance .Then its off to be re-sprayed again . First attempt came back looking blue in direct sunlight rather than midnight purple :rolleyes: (javascript:void(0)) .

We will have to arrange another mini meet now the weather is getting better.

Mark