PDA

View Full Version : After over seventeen years of ownership, some long awaited mods.

Pride
08-03-2015, 08:39 PM
For a long while now I've been wanting to refresh and brighten up the interior of my great car, so decided to buy a donor dash, cheers NSXGB, and get it trimmed in red/black Alcantara with contrasting coloured stitching.

After 4 or 5 hours of pulling, pushing and reworking the many many cables of the optional extras I've fitted over the years I eventually got it in, and WOW what a fantastic end result.

I took it for a lengthy spin this afternoon and the clarity of view through the frontscreen is now unbelievable.:)
I also installed the chrome dash dial rings, again cheers Simon and a red stitched OEM gear knob to finish it all off.

I was considering re trimming the door panels next but now think the contrast between where the doors meet the dash is quite good so I will see how I feel in a few months.

12411 12412 12413 12414 12415

If anyone needs a donor dash to take their pride and joy to the next level then obviously I have one up for grabs.
Thanks.

darock
08-03-2015, 10:08 PM
looks amazing! great work!

I don't know if I like the chrome rings. On one side it looks cool and makes the dials look more modern but on the other hand it looks a little like an Audi and I don't like Audi.

Bernhard

Pride
09-03-2015, 07:24 PM
looks amazing! great work!

I don't know if I like the chrome rings. On one side it looks cool and makes the dials look more modern but on the other hand it looks a little like an Audi and I don't like Audi.

Bernhard

Thanks Bernhard, I know what you mean about the rings but having driven it again today I found I couldn't stop admiring the bright look they now have. Just as well really because they're not a cheap upgrade to buy new.

The "A" pillar trims are now with the trimmers as the light grey colour looked a bit odd. I've asked him to cover one red and the other black, then I can decide which is best for me.:rolleyes:

When I disarm my Clifford alarm system in the dark now and the bright red interior lights turn on before I open the door the red dash trim and red stitching on the black Alcantara background are stunningly highlighted along with the red seats and door trims, stunning stuff.:)

God, that sounds very nerdy but you really need to see it to appreciate it.

darock
09-03-2015, 10:26 PM
Please make a video for us :D

Bernhard

nobby
10-03-2015, 10:31 AM
its almost got that new NSX look to the color combo down the centre console
great work ... albeit there is a lot of red! :)
bet it looks great when viewing with your own eyes

i have the rings in my car and i feel they lift the dash and give it a nicer look. i was too a tad concerned that it may look like german copy but i think it just helps retain brighten up the original cluster

Hagasan
10-03-2015, 11:27 AM
Originally there were two versions of the cluster rings available. I went for the brushed aluminium (or aluminum since they came from Yanksland) but the polished were an alternative. I don't think SoS sell these anymore?

Pride
10-03-2015, 11:54 AM
its almost got that new NSX look to the color combo down the centre console
great work ... albeit there is a lot of red! :)

Thanks.
Here's a better picture before installing it on Sunday.