PDA

View Full Version : New NSX performance thread

goldtop
03-03-2015, 06:30 PM
Just thought I'd start this thread, as Honda has today released data on the new Civic Type R. First thing is that it's gone faster around the Nurburgring than the NA1/NA2 NSX: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lXGmjt1FtQ - looks to be a seriously epic ride (turn down your bass before clicking the link!).

As far as I can see the times are:
2015 Civic Type R at 7:50.63 (pre-prod)
NSX-R NA2 at 7:56.73
NSX-R NA1 at 8:03.86
NSX NA1 at 8:16.15
2001 Civic Type R at 8:47 (Doesn't appear to be a time for the last Type R)

Anyway, the new NSX will be the halo car for Honda, so now I'm idly wondering where it will appear in lap chart when Honda manages to get it round the 'ring sans inferno?

07:30?

goldnsx
03-03-2015, 07:32 PM
Everything slower than a LF-A will be very much disappointing...

Pride
03-03-2015, 08:03 PM
Everything slower than a LF-A will be very much disappointing...

Well said there goldnsx, fingers crossed and a hurricane wind following, a sub 7 second lap could be on the cards:), who knows?

A top three finish would stun the world yet again, turn up all settings to eleven Honda/Acura.

https://nurburgringlaptimes.com/lap-times-top-100/

goldtop
03-03-2015, 08:47 PM
Isn't one of the challenges for the new NSX at the 'ring that it's hybrid? If the batteries are unable to deliver through the lap, then they're just ballast for the latter parts of the lap. (IMHO, this is why McLaren have been so 'shy' with the P1's lap time.)

That's why I'm opting for a relatively conservative time. While hoping that Honda has something up its sleeve.

NSXGB
03-03-2015, 08:55 PM
Well said there goldnsx, fingers crossed and a hurricane wind following, a sub 7 second lap could be on the cards:), who knows?

Sub 7 second lap of a roundabout?

Pride
03-03-2015, 09:19 PM
Sub 7 second lap of a roundabout?

Lol, I might of known you'd spot the (deliberate) mistake.

Come on guys, let's all hazard an educated, or in my case an UN-educated guess as to what time the new NSX hyped supercar will achieve when it finally decides to burn up the ring again later this year.

My guess: 7.59 :)

mjames75
03-03-2015, 09:45 PM
I have the chance to drive one soon, full report coming!

Lankstarr
03-03-2015, 10:50 PM
Lol, I might of known you'd spot the (deliberate) mistake.

Come on guys, let's all hazard an educated, or in my case an UN-educated guess as to what time the new NSX hyped supercar will achieve when it finally decides to burn up the ring again later this year.

My guess: 7.59 :)

Slower than the civic would be a big shock!

I'll take 6:56

Here's hoping...

L*

Pride
03-03-2015, 11:26 PM
Slower than the civic would be a big shock!

I'll take 6:56

Here's hoping...

L*

OMG, I've done it again, I actually meant 6:59

exiges1
03-03-2015, 11:29 PM
It's seems there needs to be some transparency around that time. This is what PH reported.

"The big Type R (http://www.pistonheads.com/news/ph-japanesecars/honda--geneva-2015/31638) news is the Nordschleife lap time. Honda made a FWD record a development goal from the off and has sent a test car round in 7:50. So four seconds quicker than the Renault (http://www.pistonheads.com/road-tests/road-tests/megane-renaultsport-275-trophy-r-review/31389) and eight seconds quicker than the SEAT. The caveat? No front seat, air conditioning or stereo. This was to offset the weight of the full roll cage, added purely for safety reasons and absolutely not for rigidity. No sir. Not one bit.
There's some confusion about the tyres as well. Wouldn't be a ring 'lap story without that, would it? So Honda maintains the development car was "in a standard state of engine tune, with suspension, drivetrain, exhaust, brakes and the aero package identical to those of the production Civic Type R." Continental has designed tyres specifically for the Type R but without any confirmation of what they are yet. "The test cycle during which the 7:50.63 lap was achieved was part of the tyre's development and testing process" is the official line from Honda. Curious."

No doubting the new cars potential but we need to see what a production spec car achieves, I appreciate that many on here won't give a toss, Honda back producing performance cars is the most important factor. Price stands up well against it competition too.

goldtop
04-03-2015, 09:53 AM
I have the chance to drive one soon, full report coming!

Yes please, Mike!

Is this a quid pro quo for lending your NSX to the Hinda dealer? If so, smart move. :D

mjames75
04-03-2015, 10:15 AM
Yes please, Mike!

Is this a quid pro quo for lending your NSX to the Hinda dealer? If so, smart move. :D

Ha, is indeed, not mentioned in Hondas initial post but lined up nicely when i arrived there!

Pride
04-03-2015, 05:10 PM
Yes please, Mike!

Yeomans Chichester have 4 on order for customers, so they tell me and plan to have access to a demo NSX2.
They've already said that once the cars start comeing over a demo would not be a problem for a test drive as many dealers are clubbing together to share one for booking of demos as and when needed.:)

darock
04-03-2015, 05:10 PM
If the suspension setup in this video really is the same as the road car will have, it's going to be massively fun to drive ... see how the rear end moves after the weight shifts to the front under breaking? Thats not quite suitable for unexperienced drivers but highly fun for those who know their stuff ...

can't wait to drive it ...

Bernhard

Pride
04-03-2015, 05:36 PM
If the suspension setup in this video really is the same as the road car will have, it's going to be massively fun to drive ... see how the rear end moves after the weight shifts to the front under breaking? Thats not quite suitable for unexperienced drivers but highly fun for those who know their stuff ...

can't wait to drive it ...

Bernhard

That'll be you spinning off then Bernhard :)

mjames75
05-03-2015, 12:17 AM
Yeomans Chichester have 4 on order for customers, so they tell me and plan to have access to a demo NSX2.
They've already said that once the cars start comeing over a demo would not be a problem for a test drive as many dealers are clubbing together to share one for booking of demos as and when needed.:)

I was told a demo Nsx will be highly unlikely By Honda uk. plus imagine, all these years the sales guys have got used to honda jazz's! Not sure they would handle anything over 200bhp!

darock
05-03-2015, 08:33 AM
That'll be you spinning off then Bernhard :)

Probably ... but hey ... you don't know where the limit is if you never experienced it :D

better on a closed track where nothing really bad can happen though ...

Bernhard