PDA

View Full Version : NSX Dyno'd

simonprelude
15-05-2006, 12:05 PM
Just a quick starter, went over to Power Engineering at Uxbridge on Saturday to have the NSX dyno'd.

I am happy with the results and will post pictures of the dyno plots later with both calculated fly and wheel horse power.

The calculated fly figure put me on 286 bhp with I think 221 lb foot of torque.

Kevin
15-05-2006, 04:23 PM
I hope that finally puts to rest the sayings that the NSX has more than the quoted power figures. I never thought or would say that it has more power than Honda quote. Seems like your car is spot on.

Yes the car is quick, and owners of other cars can't always believe the NSX 'only' has 290bhp. It's the 'area under the curve' as they say, or the flat torque curve that means the NSX accelerates all the way through the range.

How much was the dyno? Do you have to book well in advance?

(rant over, sorry)

TheQuietOne
15-05-2006, 06:39 PM
Simon, very interesting - did you get the ITR done too?

Cheers, Matt.

simonprelude
16-05-2006, 10:55 AM
Didn't get the ITR done in the end, for an organised event with enough cars they can usually get the price to about £30, this event only had a few cars so it was £45 plus VAT.

If they haven't got any organised events then they are happy to do a turn up and 3 dyno runs for the £45 plus VAT, adjustments are allowed between runs but if a standard car then not really much of an issue.

Will take photo's of the plots at some stage and put them on here.

Still VERY surprised that the NSX is only putting out 20 bhp more than the S2000 at the wheels, but the performance is leaps and bounds ahead. Haven't compared the torque figures yet.

Simon, very interesting - did you get the ITR done too?

Cheers, Matt.

simonprelude
16-05-2006, 08:34 PM
So here are the graphs.

Top is wheel horse power, bottom is estimated fly horse power.

Nick Graves
18-05-2006, 09:59 AM
Look at that torque curve!

Commonplace today, rare then.

The car feels quick & nimble. This is because of the above and because it's mostly made out of coke tins.

People generally don't realise what an enemy weight is.

There has been a return to the Dark Ages since the tail end of last year.

Actually, Simon's car works out 6BHP more than claimed. So the rumours are true, then!