PDA

View Full Version : Bonnet and headlamp washer jets required.

Pride
09-02-2015, 06:31 PM
Hi guys, does anyone have 2 x bonnet washer jets and 1 x pop up headlamp washer jet knocking around that they want to sell me.
Thanks for looking.

NSXGB
10-02-2015, 07:04 AM
Two brand new ones on prime for $25 plus shipping in formula red.

NSXGB
10-02-2015, 10:30 PM
Very odd that on acurapartswarehouse the Sebring Silver nozzles are listed as discontinued and on Lings they have them at £9 odd each - all other colours are £41 each??
Are they really different each side too?

Pride
10-02-2015, 10:39 PM
Very odd that on acurapartswarehouse the Sebring Silver nozzles are listed as discontinued and on Lings they have them at £9 odd each - all other colours are £41 each??
Are they really different each side too?

Silver would be ok with me although it might slow my red car down I suppose.:)

Do you mind posting the hyper link for the web page please.

Thanks again Simon

NSXGB
11-02-2015, 07:18 AM
http://www.lingshondaparts.com/honda_car_parts_selection.php?block_01=17SL001&block_02=B__1501&block_03=21680

Link to the Lings page for washer jets.

Pride
15-02-2015, 08:06 PM
After getting over the shock of the price for the bonnet washer jets from Honda (£84.35!!!!) and a one or more month wait :(, I decided to look else where.
It wasn't long before I came across these beauties on eBay at only £1.99 inc p&p!!!!;)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231304420218?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I thought, nothing to lose why not give them a try.:rolleyes:

They arrived yesterday and claimed they fitted the NSX. Not only did they fit perfectly but on my new SIS carbon fibre bonnet they looked fantastic in daylight, contrasting nicely against the dark carbon fibre finish as they are in chrome, albeit plastic finish.
The spray from them is as good as the origanol but the real piece-de-la-resistance is the white LED that comes on when turning on the side lights.
Now call me a boy racer if you wish but with the combination of dark carbon fibre and White LED lighting it really looks stunning at night as the carbon weave is picked out by the small spread of light in front of the jets.:)

I'm struggling to post images on this site but when possible I will.

Now back in business and ready for the MOT end of the month.

Pride

Hagasan
15-02-2015, 08:57 PM
I'm sure I read somewhere that these aren't compatible with the front compliance pivot clamp?!? Your handling could be adversly affected...

Pride
15-02-2015, 09:20 PM
I'm sure I read somewhere that these aren't compatible with the front compliance pivot clamp?!? Your handling could be adversly affected...

Lol, good point well made Hagason, but I forgot to mention that I double checked with the SoS boffins that these washer jets would not adversely compromise the effectivenes of the compliance link clamp operation before finalising the flash blinging install and they've assured me it's ok in writing. :)

I suppose you could always go for these, but I bet they don't fit.:rolleyes:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/REPLACEMENT-WIDER-HOLED-WASHER-JETS-WIDER-SPRAY-NOZZLE-FITS-HONDA-NSX-COUPE-/271135744992?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f20f323e0

Good old fleabay.

Kaz-kzukNA1
15-02-2015, 11:03 PM
I don't know the latest price in Japan but I think it would be about GBP10 each before leaving Japan.
Originally, not only they were sided (RHD/LHD) but also different design between the driver and the passenger side so RHD driver side was not the same as the LHD passenger one.
It seems that Honda has simplified them that some of them are now shared between RHD/LHD/driver/passenger.

If you want, let me know and I can check the latest price for you. If the timing is right, I may be able to hand carry them back for you.

As it is not used on JDM, I have never ordered the headlight washer jet in Japan so not sure it can be ordered or not.
Some of the European spec parts such as the high pressure washer motor, fuel cap, etc can be ordered in Japan so at this stage, I won't say it's impossible.

Kaz

Pride
16-02-2015, 06:08 AM
If you want, let me know and I can check the latest price for you. If the timing is right, I may be able to hand carry them back for you.
Kaz

Cheers for the offer Kaz of bringing the washer jets back in your hand luggage.
If you can get them then please I would like:

1 x Left front headlamp washer jet. Price first please.

2 x Black bonnet washer jets. If only about a tenner each.

Kaz what date do you expect to go next???

Many thanks and much appreciated.
Clive Pluckrose
Pride

NSXGB
16-02-2015, 09:45 AM
After getting over the shock of the price for the bonnet washer jets from Honda (£84.35!!!!) and a one or more month wait :(, I decided to look else where.
It wasn't long before I came across these beauties on eBay at only £1.99 inc p&p!!!!;)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231304420218?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I thought, nothing to lose why not give them a try.:rolleyes:

They arrived yesterday and claimed they fitted the NSX. Not only did they fit perfectly but on my new SIS carbon fibre bonnet they looked fantastic in daylight, contrasting nicely against the dark carbon fibre finish as they are in chrome, albeit plastic finish.
The spray from them is as good as the origanol but the real piece-de-la-resistance is the white LED that comes on when turning on the side lights.
Now call me a boy racer if you wish but with the combination of dark carbon fibre and White LED lighting it really looks stunning at night as the carbon weave is picked out by the small spread of light in front of the jets.:)

I'm struggling to post images on this site but when possible I will.

Now back in business and ready for the MOT end of the month.

Pride

Easy, you'll be putting neons under your car next...

Kaz-kzukNA1
16-02-2015, 11:23 AM
Cheers for the offer Kaz of .............
Many thanks and much appreciated.
Clive Pluckrose
Pride
Hi, Clive.
I'll contact you through email as I need to confirm exactly what you need especially for the headlight washer. There are three parts associated with it. For your reference, they are not sided, i.e., using the same parts between L & R sides.

For the windshield washer nozzle, the black one will be NH547 Berlina Black.

As same for all other owners who asked me to get the parts from Japan, I'll provide you with the quote before placing any orders.
In fact, I need to do this any way because I don't know whether I can order the headlight washer parts in Japan or not. Not used on JDM NSX.
And because of this, even if I have managed to order it in Japan, it could be out of stock and may take long time.

Kaz

Pride
16-02-2015, 06:29 PM
Easy, you'll be putting neons under your car next...

Cheers Simon, what a good idea, you just can't beat a good LED glow can you.:)

Tap on this image for a better, larger wide angle view.

nigel
23-02-2015, 07:40 PM
I ordered two "Headlight Washer" nozzles from the Honda dealer in Nassau, (Nassau Motor Company) a few years ago and they were $50.00 ea. U.S.. That's about 35 of the Queens finest each today.
There's two on E-Bay and have been there for at least two years and he wants 100 quid for them and won't come down at all. That's why they remain there unsold. I've contacted him several times and no budge.
The same can be had NEW for the same price. Took two weeks to get.

The really stupid thing is the U shaped spring clip that holds each in from the underside is 27 pounds each. That's just not right.
A retainer from the scrap yard from another Honda, or any other car for that matter, can be had for a few P or nout.

Cheers
nigel

NSXGB
23-02-2015, 08:22 PM
Picked up my Sebring silver spare nozzles today, £19.

Pride
23-02-2015, 08:38 PM
Picked up my Sebring silver spare nozzles today, £19.

Nice one Simon, if I get bored with my £1.99 specials I will give you a shout.

I must get glowing now.:)

NSXGB
23-02-2015, 08:44 PM
Nice one Simon, if I get bored with my £1.99 specials I will give you a shout.

I must get glowing now.:)

Dont have to give me a shout...Gatwick Honda...£19.15. They will tell you they're on back order till end of April but you will have them less than 2 weeks later...

I bought a spare set for my other bonnet as they were cheap.

b1gbrad
02-03-2015, 12:35 PM
Hi guys, does anyone have 2 x bonnet washer jets and 1 x pop up headlamp washer jet knocking around that they want to sell me.
Thanks for looking.

I found this at the weekend:

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk295/b1gbrad/washer_zps6xgj9mat.jpg (http://s283.photobucket.com/user/b1gbrad/media/washer_zps6xgj9mat.jpg.html)

Do you still need one?

NSXGB
02-03-2015, 01:24 PM
I found this at the weekend:

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk295/b1gbrad/washer_zps6xgj9mat.jpg (http://s283.photobucket.com/user/b1gbrad/media/washer_zps6xgj9mat.jpg.html)

Do you still need one?

....it has no LED lighting, he won't be interested... :)

Pride
03-03-2015, 12:38 PM
Hi, just in case yesterday's pm never arrived, yes I am interested, how much do you want for it.
cheers

Pride
07-03-2015, 10:21 PM
....it has no LED lighting, he won't be interested... :)

The donor dash now beautifully finished in red and black alcantara with contrasting colour stitching, I can't wait to see it fitted in the car tomorrow and you guessed it Simon I'm going to highlight the red with some LED lighting:)

nigel
11-03-2015, 03:32 PM
Yes, i'd like to have the washer nozzle.

Cheers
nigel