PDA

View Full Version : Problems with copy and paste

NSX 2000
20-01-2015, 06:29 PM
I can't seem to paste anything that I've copied into a reply or new thread.

I wanted to post a link to another site but it would not paste, plus I've just tried to copy and paste some simple text from another post and nothing happens?

Is this a known problem?

Paul

Pride
20-01-2015, 06:52 PM
http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/images/icons/icon1.png Problems with copy and paste

I can't seem to paste anything that I've copied into a reply or new thread.

I wanted to post a link to another site but it would not paste, plus I've just tried to copy and paste some simple text from another post and nothing happens?

Is this a known problem?

Paul

Hi Paul, here's your answer, as you can see there's NO problem with mine.
It must be a technical problem with yours.

2005 3.2 ltr NSX, Berlina Black with full red leather interior.

NSXGB
20-01-2015, 07:06 PM
I'd say user error....

What at are you using? PC, MAC, Android tablet, iPad, iPhone?

Not aware of any problems...Try a reboot :)

Kaz-kzukNA1
20-01-2015, 07:16 PM
Hi, Paul.

Could you let us know the browser software and OS you are using?
Any add-ons?
Are you using just 'Quick Reply' window or 'Go Advanced' method?
Are you cut & pasting using the mouse click or the short cut key?

I think there is a problem with some of the BT users at the moment as I can't load some of the specific site reliably such as google, google map, picasa web album, etc using BT's own DNS but if I switch to Google DNS, then all seems to be fine.
For example, if I try to load any of my Blog post, most of the times, I won't be able to see any of the photos inside the blog using BT's DNS because I'm linking the photo using the google+ photo. This started to happen about 2 days ago over the last weekend.

Cut and Paste using Firefox, Chrome, IE on Windows8.1 and Chrome, Firefox on Android4.4.2 seems to be fine as below. However, shortcut key through IE seems to be not reliable but will confirm later.
NSX 2000
Problems with copy and paste
I can't seem to paste anything that I've copied into a reply or new thread. [C&P from IE, Win8.1 but not through shortcut key Ctrl+C & Ctrl+V]

Is this a known problem?

Paul [C&P from Firefox, Win8.1]

2005 3.2 ltr NSX, Berlina Black with full red leather interior. [C&P from Chrome, Win8.1]

britlude
20-01-2015, 09:19 PM
working fine for me, must be Paul!!! :)

sorepaws
21-01-2015, 07:03 PM
shouldn't be a problem with any ISP - usually just re-boot and try again - failing that phone Microsoft and they will send an engineer who will re-install windows, suggest you buy an Apple Mac and then return your pc running DOS 3.3

Right Mouse "click" copy "I wanted to post a link to another site but it would not paste, plus I've just tried to copy and paste some simple text from another post and nothing happens?" right mouse click paste

sorepaws
21-01-2015, 07:07 PM
failing that there is a whole article on the issues here

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/ie11-windows_7/internet-explorer-11-cannot-use-copy-paste-within/5b4489fc-9208-45d9-ac1d-b027fc494e7d?page=1

NSX 2000
22-03-2015, 10:36 PM
Hi, Paul.

Could you let us know the browser software and OS you are using?
Any add-ons?
Are you using just 'Quick Reply' window or 'Go Advanced' method?
Are you cut & pasting using the mouse click or the short cut key?

I think there is a problem with some of the BT users at the moment as I can't load some of the specific site reliably such as google, google map, picasa web album, etc using BT's own DNS but if I switch to Google DNS, then all seems to be fine.
For example, if I try to load any of my Blog post, most of the times, I won't be able to see any of the photos inside the blog using BT's DNS because I'm linking the photo using the google+ photo. This started to happen about 2 days ago over the last weekend.

Cut and Paste using Firefox, Chrome, IE on Windows8.1 and Chrome, Firefox on Android4.4.2 seems to be fine as below. However, shortcut key through IE seems to be not reliable but will confirm later.
NSX 2000
Problems with copy and paste
I can't seem to paste anything that I've copied into a reply or new thread. [C&P from IE, Win8.1 but not through shortcut key Ctrl+C & Ctrl+V]

Is this a known problem?

Paul [C&P from Firefox, Win8.1]

2005 3.2 ltr NSX, Berlina Black with full red leather interior. [C&P from Chrome, Win8.1]

Hi Kaz et al

It would appear not to be user error but an Internet Explorer issue, as I'm now doing this on Firefox with no problem at all! I can even add a :)

Paul

Kaz-kzukNA1
23-03-2015, 12:23 PM
Yes, many reports as in sorepaw’s link above.
Seems like something to do with the plain text VS form one but not tested by myself.
I don’t use IE but if you want to, I briefly re-tested it and following method worked for me with NSXCB site but not sure it will do the same for other sites.

Start IE and clear the previous cache (Tools -> Safety -> Delete Browsing History, or, simply press Ctrl+Shift+Del)
Tools -> Internet Options and select ‘Security’ tab.
Below the middle section, click on ‘Custom Level…’ tab.
Scroll down for a while until you find the entry for ‘Allow Programmatic clipboard access’.
Set it to ‘Enable’.
Click ‘OK’ tab at the bottom to save the change.

Please note that I haven’t tested above in detail so not sure of any side effects.

Bit not comfortable for not being able to use the default setting from Microsoft.

Let’s see how it changes in Windows 10 with new browser Spartan (or whatever it’s going to be called).
Haven’t tried the trial build of Win10 myself yet….

Kaz