PDA

View Full Version : my new NSX

cory_nsx
06-01-2015, 02:39 PM
Not much of a build thread as yet since its still on a boat coming from japan at the moment but here it is my Toda Racing ITB'd NSX
ill post more when it gets here at the end of the month, its been torture wainting 2 months almost for it but it will be worth it

cory_nsx
06-01-2015, 08:36 PM
Found the spec list from japan writen in finest engrish

.324PS engine..HKS.RACING plug8.TODA RACING. sport injectionKITHPI.OIL catch tanker fuel..AUTO STAFF. fuel regulatorAUTO STAFF. fuel pressure. meter exhaust..FUJITSUBO. EX mani. hole. stainless steel. center2 pipe muffler suspension. drive..BILSTEIN..... MOTER SPORTS line shock-absorberNSX-R. original twin plate clutch computer..MINE`S.VX-ROMHKS.F-CON.V-PRO.Ver3.3 brake.. master cylinder replaced..2012/8 month exterior..ADVANCE.FLAT OUT. front bumper spoilerADVANCE.FLAT OUT. side stepADVANCE.FLAT OUT. rear WingGARAGE KITE. rear side underMUGEN.NSX-R.... car.... rear HatchbackCRAFT SQUARE. carbonTC mirror tire. wheelVOLK TE37.Fr17-7.5J&18-9.5JFEDERAL 595RS-R.215-45-17.265-35-18 interior..02y.NSX-R. original shift boots titanium shift knob door trim. alcantara re-coveredMOMO TUNER.NSX-R steering wheelTYPE-R.. steering wheel BossKITALPINE..DVA-7899J.DVD head light unit.RXA-H700. multimedia.......TVE-T760. multi monitor color backing monitor synchronizatedTRIAL N1-SPECIAL D seat bucket seatBRIDE.N seat bucket seat

Pride
06-01-2015, 09:05 PM
Hi Cory. What a great looking, great spec'd work of art you've gone and bought. I bet you must be really excited waiting for this beauty to arrive.
How did you find it and how much trouble was it to bring over??
Very jealous:)

mjames75
06-01-2015, 09:13 PM
Now that is going to sound amazing!

cory_nsx
07-01-2015, 08:37 AM
J M Imports found it for me. Been a very easy process that they have talked me through every step of the way. They showed me loads but this just stood out to me. Cant wait to drive it now. The hardesr bit has been the wait lol

nobby
07-01-2015, 09:02 AM
Congrats on purchase

some wait for sure

some modding done for sure

wish you all the very best with it and look forward to seeing better pics when you get hold of it

NSXGB
07-01-2015, 01:29 PM
Congrats.

Better photos on their web page...

http://jm-imports.co.uk/index.php/1991-honda-nsx-5-speed-toda-racing-tuned/

How many head units do you need!

mutley
07-01-2015, 03:37 PM
I can't wait to see/hear the ITB's. The only thing I don't like it the 2 diffrent colour seats

Stunning car though
Jim

Pride
07-01-2015, 07:55 PM
Congrats.

Better photos on their web page...

http://jm-imports.co.uk/index.php/1991-honda-nsx-5-speed-toda-racing-tuned/

How many head units do you need!

There's only one head unit Simon, shame on you not knowing that, the other unit is the Alpine Dolby digital processor with built in 30 band eq and time alignment adjustment, fantastic bit of kit. Just hope they've installed enough of the correct type and correct placement of speakers required to get the best out of the kit.
Ive got to say with all the modifications done to this beauty it's sure gonna be a monster.:)

Senninha
07-01-2015, 08:14 PM
Hope you enjoy it when it gets here and they are particularly careful in shipment and another owner had a similar bodyspec suffer damage on/off the boat ...

I'm not aware of any other ITB road cars in the UK, but know a couple in the USA ... add that JTC exhaust and I hope it has a bigger fuel tank ...

Good Luck, and if we end up in convoy one day, bagsy in front!!

cadrega
07-01-2015, 09:12 PM
videos please! With great sound recording if possible!

Jivaldinho
08-01-2015, 01:36 AM
Get that beauty Dyno'd as soon as its off the boat. What a car!!!!

cory_nsx
08-01-2015, 01:25 PM
Thanks for all the replies guys. better pictures and videos will be coming once its here ive bought a go-pro in anticipation for video lol and it will be getting booked in for a track day asap too. there is a video of it on a dyno in japan but the sound quality isnt great.
Must say im very pleased about the drop in fuel prices i just hope it stays like that for a while

Nick Graves
08-01-2015, 05:03 PM
That does look rather nicely-done.

Best of luck with it.

Hagasan
08-01-2015, 06:26 PM
I can't wait to see/hear the ITB's. The only thing I don't like it the 2 diffrent colour seats

Stunning car though
Jim

As some of us have witnessed, those with the red cars like to convince themselves they have the fastest colour.. Having a red drivers seat as well is someone that needs a bit more convincing lol..

Mistercorn
08-01-2015, 06:59 PM
I am pretty sure it is a fact that red cars are faster. With one red seat you run the risk of the car pulling to one side during hard acceleration. You have been warned. Alarmingly I don't think this will be picked up on an MOT test either.

MC

cory_nsx
09-01-2015, 12:00 PM
so if I get a red seat for my passenger it will be even faster???? i may paint the wheels red and get some red valve caps while im at it lol;)

cory_nsx
09-01-2015, 12:01 PM
I actually had my eye on a White one but red was my 2nd choice colour

Pride
09-01-2015, 01:11 PM
I actually had my eye on a White one but red was my 2nd choice colour

Looks as though you got lucky then with the much faster red, you now need to change the passenger seat to red or your passenger will think it's slow.:)

Dragonlady
09-01-2015, 02:33 PM
You need to speak to Geoff about how fast red NA1 NSX's are. His is so fast that it warps the space time continuum!!! He'll set off on Saturday and travel forward in time and arrive on Sunday for what would normally be an hours drive!!!!!!

marco
09-01-2015, 04:34 PM
Lovely looking car. Would love to hear it. Congrats

Problem Child
09-01-2015, 08:13 PM
You need to speak to Geoff about how fast red NA1 NSX's are. His is so fast that it warps the space time continuum!!! He'll set off on Saturday and travel forward in time and arrive on Sunday for what would normally be an hours drive!!!!!!
You are correct in every detail except one.....I have an NA2

Hagasan
09-01-2015, 08:24 PM
You are correct in every detail except one.....I have an NA2

Yes, but you drive it as if was an NA1.

Sorry edit: NA 0.5 ;)

Mistercorn
09-01-2015, 08:43 PM
That is pretty speedy. I took my NA2 to work and back and it took over 3 months. Good job it is red or I might not have made it back before the snow.

MC

Problem Child
09-01-2015, 10:13 PM
That is pretty speedy. I took my NA2 to work and back and it took over 3 months. Good job it is red or I might not have made it back before the snow.

MC
Speed of reds are legendary.....even red automatics!!!!!

Mistercorn
09-01-2015, 10:42 PM
Mine is a manual so I don't suffer that. But it did occur to me that pretty much any journey in a nice car is so much slower. I took a car for an MOT a few weeks ago. 5 miles each way, it took 30 minutes to get there and 45 to get back. My NSX usually travels from my garage to my garage. A total distance of 0 miles and it can take an hour to get there. As a toy they are fantastic. As a means of transport they are rubbish. Haven't even got a cup holder.

MC

Senninha
09-01-2015, 10:57 PM

Oh yes it does, they even do one that fits the centre console ....

markc
12-01-2015, 05:22 PM
Speed of reds are legendary.....even red automatics!!!!!

The daft rear wing should slow it down plenty. Other than that, very nice :)

Mark

Dragonlady
12-01-2015, 06:59 PM
Get your name down for the pancake run and give it a good run for all our benefits.

cory_nsx
12-01-2015, 07:59 PM
Ooo whats the pancake run? Im gonn try to get to the silverstone classic in it

Nick Graves
13-01-2015, 07:45 PM
Mine is a manual so I don't suffer that. But it did occur to me that pretty much any journey in a nice car is so much slower. I took a car for an MOT a few weeks ago. 5 miles each way, it took 30 minutes to get there and 45 to get back. My NSX usually travels from my garage to my garage. A total distance of 0 miles and it can take an hour to get there. As a toy they are fantastic. As a means of transport they are rubbish. Haven't even got a cup holder.

MC

They all do that, Sir.

Dragonlady
13-01-2015, 08:49 PM
Ooo whats the pancake run? Im gonn try to get to the silverstone classic in it

Check 2015 events for pancake.

Rob_Fenn
15-01-2015, 05:01 PM
Love this! Reminds me of watching BMI DVDs - the classic JDM 'tuner' NSX.

If you want some inspiration, check out our car with Toda / SoS ITBs and no silencing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpKFmBmX4vM

AR
15-01-2015, 07:37 PM
Very nice looking NSX. Are you planning on getting and airbox for it?

mjames75
15-01-2015, 08:14 PM

If you want some inspiration, check out our car with Toda / SoS ITBs and no silencing!

Sounds awesome, great driving too

cory_nsx
17-01-2015, 12:47 PM
Very nice looking NSX. Are you planning on getting and airbox for it?

Ive been looking for an airbox or just filters for the itbs but had no look up to now. I live close to a carbonfibre manufacturer so was gonna get them to have a look at making something for me

cory_nsx
17-01-2015, 12:48 PM

Love it they sound so good. Cant wait to hear mine now

Pride
17-01-2015, 01:38 PM
Love it they sound so good. Cant wait to hear mine now

Hi cory, you may have already seen this but here it is anyway, a Porsche Carrera GT at the Nurburgring being whipped by a road legal NSX.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rXAJwjEEn-g

Love it!!!

NoelWatson
17-01-2015, 08:18 PM
Hi cory, you may have already seen this but here it is anyway, a Porsche Carrera GT at the Nurburgring being whipped by a road legal NSX.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rXAJwjEEn-g

Love it!!!

Looking at the speed at various points on the lap this is surely a >10 minute lap?

drmikey
18-01-2015, 11:13 AM
Ive been looking for an airbox or just filters for the itbs but had no look up to now. I live close to a carbonfibre manufacturer so was gonna get them to have a look at making something for me

Reverie do an airbox for NSX ITBs. Thats what I'm going to use on mine - probably with a little modification as the cage is a little bit in the way!

cory_nsx
19-01-2015, 08:48 PM
Reverie do an airbox for NSX ITBs. Thats what I'm going to use on mine - probably with a little modification as the cage is a little bit in the way!

do you have any links to them im struggling to find them even on Reveire's website unless its just one of the universal ones?

drmikey
19-01-2015, 11:19 PM
do you have any links to them im struggling to find them even on Reveire's website unless its just one of the universal ones?

http://www.reverie.ltd.uk/v6_v8.php

cory_nsx
23-02-2015, 08:46 PM
well its all been pretty quiet on the nsx front, well it was until this weekend when i was shown this video by my importer. the car has now got an mot and is getting finishing touches done to be ready for me.

I cant bloody wait

http://youtu.be/9AtF_GX1MXc

Pride
23-02-2015, 08:57 PM
:) The business!!

nobby
23-02-2015, 10:55 PM
Thats mental! :)

cory_nsx
20-04-2015, 06:12 PM
thought id do a quick update since ive been busy driving it instead of posting about it. I'm currently using it as my daily and loving the journey to and from work as a result.
I tried to get a couple of videos but so far they dont do the car justice but fear not ive just got an external mike for my gopro so hope to have some beter sound soon.

anyway heres one of the first videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iynSE4jj1VQ

nobby
20-04-2015, 08:56 PM
Some snort of that!

Kaz-kzukNA1
20-04-2015, 10:32 PM
Before pushing the rpm into the high region, if I were you, I would look into the CEL and the idle rpm control.....

Kaz

cory_nsx
21-04-2015, 07:42 AM
its held high to start as it has no choke and you need to hold it high for a couple of mins before letting it idle on its own, its the only downside i can find of the ITB setup its running. it was basicaly set up for racing in japan so has no cold start aids at all, sometimes it takes 3 or 4 goes to get it started but its a small price to pay for the noise it makes

soddy
21-04-2015, 11:13 PM
well its all been pretty quiet on the nsx front, well it was until this weekend when i was shown this video by my importer. the car has now got an mot and is getting finishing touches done to be ready for me.

nice white fd in the back ground.

looks a nice car, love the dash. all the very best with it mate and happy smiles driving it. :)