PDA

View Full Version : Sebring Silver - Plans Motorsport

Honsta
21-12-2014, 09:00 AM
Morning all,

Been looking at NSX for a few months now and the idea keeps coming and going.

Found this one of the Plans Motorsport website - I know they've sold many and the impression I get a really solid company that knows what they're are doing - but what do you all think of this one? It's the fourth one down, in Sebring Silver.

http://www.plansmotorsport.com/showroom/cars/

As it's potentially my first and only NSX, do you think there's too much done to it and that I should look for something a bit more 'standard' to enjoy what the experience is all about or has this one truly been modified with intelligence and I should simply dive in?

One other thing is that I'm not a huge fan of the front splitter, is this something removable without having exposed fixing or will it look worse once I've removed it?

Your thoughts and opinions are most valued.

Cheers,
Hon

Taxi5
21-12-2014, 03:13 PM
I can't comment on the car but my experiences with Plans (Grahame) have been very good. He helped me purchase my car from a private source (without commission) and has since then completed a full cam service along with a few other bits with excellent customer service.

Hope this is helpful and good luck.

Alan

drmikey
21-12-2014, 06:42 PM
Looks like a sensibly priced car and as long as you are buying to enjoy and drive, rather than "invest", the modifications wouldnt put me off.

Most are easily reverseable if you so wish, and have a value which should cover the purchase of OEM replacements (shocks, exhaust, induction etc..)

But to be honest Id just change the wheels, remove the front splitter (all depends how it has been fitted - if bonded then will take some work and paint to restore) but would be easy for a good bodyshop.

The other mods sound nice and sensible.

havoc
21-12-2014, 07:26 PM
My only comment would be that Type-R suspension is properly stiff - NA1 (this car) less so than the (in)famous NA2 Type-R, but still not for the faint hearted. Try by all means...you may prefer it to the surprisingly-compliant (by modern standards) stock suspension, but as Mikey says, this would be a car to enjoy, not a car to watch appreciate.

Honsta
21-12-2014, 09:07 PM
Thanks for the replies. I'm very tempted to have a look at this car as it does sound like it's been modified with the intention of making it an even better handling car. To be honest, the modest modifications to the engine makes it more enticing and anything more than induction and an exhaust may have deter me.

Graham has already got back to me and given me a full and honest detail of the car. It does sound like a nicely tuned car. As Mikey says, it just needs a different set of wheels (particular taste) and removing the front splitter.

Hopefully I'll be an owner in 2015, it's a car I've always admired.

Thanks all,

Hon

AR
26-12-2014, 11:58 PM
Read all about it here from a previous owner:

http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/showthread.php?36-Darren-s-Silver-92

Senninha
28-12-2014, 10:18 AM
There was also an original 'build' thread but unless Kevin can retreive this it was lost during the server change a few years back when we a focus or bored internet scammers ...

Its worth also noting that Darren was a founder member of the forum and was an original source of sound advice to many NSX owners a decade ago.

My understanding of all Darrens mods other than the engine rebuild were that they are capable of reversal to stock if he/next owner were minded to do so. As with all mods, you should live with the car for a few months and a few thousand miles before rushing in. You can then understand your car, your requirements and have yourself a plan.

Hope this helps, and hope to see you in an NSX soon.

regards, Paul

nobby
28-12-2014, 01:17 PM
IMHO you should at least go along to plans and try it out.
they should have a standard car there for you too and you can then see if you can live with the mods.
based on the info here, the car is not certainly a wreck.
most NSX owners do some form of modding at some point. :)
good luck

Rob_Fenn
14-01-2015, 06:18 PM
Graham isn't a car dealer as such, imagine virtually every car he has sold is a customer car which has been in for servicing or mods at some point. Certainly wouldn't be worried about the usual car dealer issues with Plans as he's an honest guy.