PDA

View Full Version : Advise Please - best pad / polish / compound for use with DA Polisher on NSX.

WhyOne?
13-12-2014, 05:08 PM
I am soon to become the proud and slightly nervous owner of a DAS-6 PRO Dual Action Polisher.

I know a few here have used similar machines on their NSX's, and I would be most interested to hear comments, hints, tips etc. on how to go about using a DA machine on the NSX. I would also be grateful of any recommendations of pad / compound / polish combinations which you have found to suit the NSX's paint.

My car is finished in Circuit Blue (a pearl paint with a tinted clear coat) - people who have polished the car previously have commented that the NSX paint is unusually hard by normal Honda standards - it this your experience?

Many thanks in advance.

Mistercorn
13-12-2014, 05:49 PM
I watched Junkman2000 on YouTube and used the technique and products he recommended. I had very good results on my NSX, taking off an average of 6um from the paint.

MC

Mistercorn
13-12-2014, 06:12 PM
Forgot to say, if you are nervous, visit a local bodyshop and get a scrap panel to practice on. You really have to be a numpty to do and damage.

MC

Hagasan
13-12-2014, 09:12 PM
Forgot to say, if you are nervous, visit a local bodyshop and get a scrap panel to practice on. You really have to be a numpty to do and damage.

MC

Did you hear what he said Ian lol?!?

Have you been raking under the Christmas Tree already? Tut-tut!! Ho-ho-ho ;)

WhyOne?
13-12-2014, 09:39 PM
Thanks fro the advice MC - I'll have a watch of that video now.

I am certainly prone to numptyism, but I have had a bit of a go with a dual-action machine so I am reasonably sure I'll be fine. I will however practice on my son's car before graduating to the NSX though! Might even charge him if it goes well!

Hi Gary! You are so wrong....it isn't under the Christmas tree...yet...I have only just ordered it. When it arrives, SWMBO has to wrap it and then it will be under the tree for me to go find!!!

Senninha
13-12-2014, 11:17 PM
Hi Ian,

I suspect your paint is already in good condition with the care over the years, but dont forget to 'clean' the paint before you start polishing ... wash / clay / wash / dry / surface cleaner / wash / dry .... then you are good to go and just take your time.

Basic principle is to work in areas of around 2' x2' and work around the car. Use minimal amounts of the product and once it starts turning to dust, move to next area. Wash down and dry when you complete the machine work.

Then a simple but Mr Miagi and your back to super shiny!

Regards, Paul

WhyOne?
14-12-2014, 08:03 AM
Thanks Paul.

As you suggest, Y1's paint is in good nick, and I don't foresee having to break out the 50 Grit sandpaper any time soon.

I just want to be able to deal with the inevitable very fine scratches which develop over time even with very carful washing / drying and polishing.

Mistercorn
14-12-2014, 09:13 AM
If anybody is interested I have some before and after photos of mine when I did it. The process was.

Washed
Clayed
2 passes with high cut polish
1 pass with low cut polish
Sealant and 2 coats of wax.

This was the third car I have done after my Clio track car and M3. The result on each car was amazing.
I don't want to take it out of the garage now, but it will be on the road again from next weekend when I have fitted the new front splitter.
MC