PDA

View Full Version : The Pearlescent 'Last 12' car on PH

Rob_Fenn
11-11-2014, 10:16 PM
So am i missing the thread or are people being quiet so they can snap it up?!

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/honda/nsx/honda-nsx-coupe-manual/3032616

Am i the only one who thinks this is way too cheap considering the provenance (only one in this colour?). I've had a few Porsches lately and the Porsche world is insane! Cars i would perceive as crap are worth similar if not more than that was in arguably the most desirable NSX in the country (bar the NSX-R).

goldtop
11-11-2014, 10:46 PM
You guessed right first time. There's a thread hereabouts, started before the advert went public...

For that money, I'd be trying to make up a sensible argument for buying the #11 GT2. :D

NSXGB
13-11-2014, 07:21 PM
For sale at Plans Motorsport now.

havoc
13-11-2014, 09:13 PM
As the last of the line and for some the best spec (personal preference, I know), it's a fair price...possibly cheap.

As an example of a car which evolved comparatively little over 16 years and was perceived by the new-car market as under-powered, dated and cosmetically under-endowed by 2005, it's a lot of money.

The truth as always is what someone wants to pay for it - if it goes quick, you know it was too cheap! ;)

Senninha
13-11-2014, 11:10 PM
There is more than one as there is more than one NA2-R in the UK.

So which one you going for Rob, this one or the black T-Top .. both great examples ...

manisandher
14-11-2014, 09:54 AM
For sale at Plans Motorsport now.

Now sold apparently.

Mani.

Papalazarou
15-11-2014, 07:24 PM
There is more than one as there is more than one NA2-R in the UK.

So which one you going for Rob, this one or the black T-Top .. both great examples ...

Paul,

Is there really another NA2 R in the UK. I thought the other one went back to JP?

Cheers.

Senninha
15-11-2014, 07:41 PM
Paul,

Is there really another NA2 R in the UK. I thought the other one went back to JP?

Cheers.

Yep, a personal import by an owner who I dont believe posts but does follow ... also uses a well known provider of aftermarket parts. I dont know anything more.

Papalazarou
16-11-2014, 09:37 AM
Yep, a personal import by an owner who I dont believe posts but does follow ... also uses a well known provider of aftermarket parts. I dont know anything more.

Well I never knew that!

Cheers.

Shawnsx5
17-11-2014, 08:55 AM
I am now the proud owner of this very special NSX, this is my 4th NSX and who knows if a LBB car came up I may be tempted again.

Thank you to Graham at Plans.

nobby
17-11-2014, 08:59 AM
nice one
all the best with it and hope it is used as intended!

manisandher
17-11-2014, 10:27 AM
I am now the proud owner of this very special NSX, this is my 4th NSX and who knows if a LBB car came up I may be tempted again.

Congrats! Looks like a lovely car on the pics - hope to be able to take a good look at it in person at one of the meets sometime.

Cheers, Mani.

Mistercorn
17-11-2014, 08:17 PM
A very nice and unusual model. Congratulations.

MC

TheSebringOne
17-11-2014, 09:35 PM
Congratulations on the best looking NSX in the UK.

Pride
17-11-2014, 09:51 PM
Except for mine that is.:)

nsx009
17-11-2014, 10:25 PM
What a fantastic car and its a Coupe..........
I had the great privilege of Shigeru Uehara driving my 95 Man Targa for 4 hours one afternoon over some really good roads. The first question he asked when he got in was "why did you buy a Targa?" In the sort of tone which meant I now have a 96 Man Coupe!

Congratulations, would love to see it one day

And the point of this post was what exactly?

britlude
18-11-2014, 11:27 AM
I had the great privilege of Shigeru Uehara driving my 95 Man Targa for 4 hours one afternoon....

I see your 'Senna' and raise you a 'Shigeru Uehara' .. :)

charlie:one
18-11-2014, 01:33 PM
Hi every body as you know my Nsx is now sold and. It's good it's stayed in the uk to an Nsxcb member I wish you all the best with it . I have enjoyed every minute that I have driven it and I'm still smileing now regards nigel

Kaz-kzukNA1
18-11-2014, 02:10 PM
Hi, Nigel.
Always loved looking at your NSX (ex-, by now) and easy to spot due to someone always triggering that loud warning sound from the security device even just approaching nearby.
Wishing you all the best and one day, hope seeing you in another NSX, whether it is used or the new next gen NSX.

Regards,
Kaz

Rob_Fenn
18-11-2014, 02:15 PM
Congratulations on the purchase! For me it is very desirable; too desirable (my problem would be i would never use it because of that).

lotusolly
18-11-2014, 10:25 PM
Hi Nigel,

Congratulations on the sale and as you say glad to see it staying within this community.

Now that it's sold are you going to stop teasing us and reveal the identity of what's replacing such a beauty?:)

charlie:one
19-11-2014, 05:56 AM
Hi lotusolly. Well you have put me on the spot , well hopefully I will be one of the first to own the new Nsx when they are released , so watch this space will keep in touch Nigel

Rob_Fenn
19-11-2014, 03:16 PM
Good for you! Cant wait to hear about someone driving the new car.

havoc
19-11-2014, 09:12 PM
Glad you're staying in the fold Nigel. Look forward to the photos / reports when you get it...

lotusolly
19-11-2014, 09:33 PM
Good luck with the new car Nigel and hope we will be seeing pictures of you and Paul collecting the first examples soon.

It will be interesting to hear opinions of the new car from people having owner experience of the old.

Have Honda given any indication of when they think the first cars will be coming in to the country?

Senninha
19-11-2014, 10:00 PM
Nice one Nigel,

Now the challenge for you and Paul is to arrange a meet at Swindon so we can all join you as you collect them. Have Honda through in a little factory tour and lunch at the hotel and we'll be there!! :)

regards, Paul

goldtop
19-11-2014, 10:12 PM
Have Honda given any indication of when they think the first cars will be coming in to the country?

Pushed back into 2016 for Europe. :(

Pride
19-11-2014, 10:51 PM
What did I tell you all, Honda in conjunction with Acura are proving they can't organise the proverbial p**s up in a brewery as regards to the launch of this new now fast becoming old technology white elephant.
At least the origanol hit the market running while at the same time changed the way we perceived how a supercar should be and perform, a true game changer for the industry in every sense.
The only thing this new model is famous for so far is burning up on the Nurburgring and broken launch date promises.
Sorry to say it but I think 2016 might even be a tad optimistic.

goldtop
20-11-2014, 10:29 AM
Sorry to say it but I think 2016 might even be a tad optimistic.

I think they still reckon to launch in 2015 for the US market. So we'll know something next year. :)

Nick Graves
20-11-2014, 05:20 PM
Good luck with the new car.

Word is EVERYTHING has been set back due to huge fire-fighting within Honda; with all the recalls and re-engineering of DCTs & FREDs it's all falling apart like an old Discovery.

Pride
20-11-2014, 06:31 PM
Good luck with the new car.

Word is EVERYTHING has been set back due to huge fire-fighting within Honda; with all the recalls and re-engineering of DCTs & FREDs it's all falling apart like an old Discovery.

Sorry Nick, please explain in good old plain English as I don't comprenda. DCTs & FREDs ????
Cheers

Pride
20-11-2014, 08:33 PM
Some interesting information on here, the ugly duckling is starting to change shape I think.
Hopefully it will look more like a "swan" soon.:)
http://www.caranddriver.com/acura/nsx
Enjoy.

soddy
21-11-2014, 12:56 AM
$100000, so currently under £64,000.

that sounds cheaper than what some said earlier in the year. whose buying one???

Hagasan
21-11-2014, 08:30 AM
$100000, so currently under £64,000.

that sounds cheaper than what some said earlier in the year. whose buying one???

That will be a US only price. Even if it stayed at that, by the time it's imported and Honda UK, dealer profit and taxes are taken into account our price would probably be in the region of £100k. That's how prices have usually compared to those over the pond.. Or we could get really lucky and be charged even more relative to US prices.. Just look at the comparison with NSX parts prices!

nobby
21-11-2014, 09:15 AM
HUK will naturally screw us
it is well known that the UK pays more for its cars than anyone else; sure are we not known as the 'golden isles' or some terminology within the car industry?

HUK's pricing strategy on its vehicles is quite worrying at the moment and if the rumours of the new CTR being as high as 30k to 40k are anywhere near the mark expect the new NSX to be woefully priced the whole thing being a marketing nightmare before it has even started.

NSXGB
21-11-2014, 09:32 AM
I agree, will most likely equate to £100k over here.

Rob_Fenn
21-11-2014, 01:42 PM
If it's not £100k it will be a crap car. What do you expect for £60k? That is Cayman money; great car but never going to be a historical statement like the original NSX...

A decent spec 991 Carrera S is £100k, and the new Mercedes AMG-GT is similar money. If the NSX can match these cars in price with hybrid technology, it would represent very good VFM.

Ewan
21-11-2014, 11:08 PM

Brilliant news, Neil! I said to Nigel a few years ago, that his was the only NSX I would buy - it's absolutely the best colour and condition, and I don't even like white cars.
Now, are you keeping your targa ;-)?

Shawnsx5
22-11-2014, 09:21 AM
Hi Ewan, the Targa I bought from you 2 and half years ago now has been a great car. In the meantime I sold the red NA1 Targa I also had but soon wished I had kept it so I am not sure I have done the right thing but the red NA2 Targa is now on sale at plans. I hope it goes to a good home.

Now not wanting to start arguments about colour my favourites are White, LBB and Red, but not necessarily in that order!

I had a 1978 white RA28 2000 GT in the early 1980s, a different class of car of course but looked great in white.

I will be driving across from Suffolk to the West Midlands today and back Sunday so anyone out and about on the A14/M6/M42 look out for the White NSX otherwise I do plan to take it to Silverstone 24/25 July next year.

Neil

goldtop
22-11-2014, 09:23 AM
Now, are you keeping your targa ;-)?

I think he PXed it, as it's now listed for sale on Plans website.

Ewan
22-11-2014, 12:04 PM
Hi Ewan, the Targa I bought from you 2 and half years ago now has been a great car. In the meantime I sold the red NA1 Targa I also had but soon wished I had kept it so I am not sure I have done the right thing but the red NA2 Targa is now on sale at plans. I hope it goes to a good home.

Now not wanting to start arguments about colour my favourites are White, LBB and Red, but not necessarily in that order!

I had a 1978 white RA28 2000 GT in the early 1980s, a different class of car of course but looked great in white.

I will be driving across from Suffolk to the West Midlands today and back Sunday so anyone out and about on the A14/M6/M42 look out for the White NSX otherwise I do plan to take it to Silverstone 24/25 July next year.

Neil

Good luck with the sale, Neil! I owned the red targa facelift for 4 years and it was great - Kaz did the major (cambelt) service with no expense spared. We drove it all over Europe and it was the best car I've owned.
If you want to hear what an NSX sounds like with no exhaust muffler, see here :) http://youtu.be/NeZG2lZrLWY?t=1m58s

Nick Graves
25-11-2014, 08:02 PM
Sorry Nick, please explain in good old plain English as I don't comprenda. DCTs & FREDs ????
Cheers

Sorry - Dual Clutch Transmissions and ****ing Ridiculous Electronic Devices.

They have a 7-speed Hybrid DCT (the hybrid motor is on the outer end & acts as 1st gear. Only it doesn't always) and the new Fit had had four recalls altogether for re-programmes & tranny changes. The revisions also affect the Hybrid Legend/RLX's 7DCT. There are major QC problems at the Mexico factory. The Takata airbag scandal is causing issues. It seems that a cost-cutting process has ruined paint quality on some new cars, etc, etc.

If there is an upside, apparently the brake pedal feel on the latest RLXH is now acceptable, which means the hybrid integration problems affecting it (and the NSX) are being programmed-out.

TheSebringOne
02-12-2014, 08:44 PM
Sorry a bit late on this, congratulations Nigel & Paul!