PDA

View Full Version : VEE POWER SUNDAY this weekend

Pride
31-10-2014, 10:24 PM
Hi guys I'm sure you already know but just in case you don't it's another goodwood breakfast club meeting this weekend which we would all qualify for.

https://grrc.goodwood.com/section/breakfast-club/

Hope we to see you all there, lol

britlude
31-10-2014, 11:15 PM
Yup... Got my circuit pass :)

Pride
02-11-2014, 07:07 PM

Although an absolutely filthy wet and windy day well over 500 VEE powered machines turned out ranging from a 125cc VEE twin bike through to a Bugatti Veyron.
Some really unusual monsters turned up including a 5.7 litre supercharged road legal triumph herald.
What did you turn up in Britlude, I did look around for your "Charlotte" but couldn't find you.

britlude
02-11-2014, 09:06 PM
yup, i got there in the NSX at 8, and was consigned to the tesco carpark, with a ford GT, aston lagonda, and many more.... only to walk to up to the track and find it empty, grid full, but track empty on the chicane side! just a little cheesed off! then after walking round, went back and found half the cars i'd been parked up with had moved onto the circuit, so doubly cheesed off!

i could have gone to any carpark to see that many audis and mercs!

on the way home popped into a cafe for brekkie, £7.95 for a full english, rather than goodwoods £5 for a dodgy bacon bun!

then popped to see Simon (NSXGB) as we passed!

saw half a dozen of the veteran london to brighton run, looking very wet with no weather protection on a nasty day, 8ft high spray off a citreon on the A24 as it hit a puddle (more like a river!) as i joined down the on-ramp, and a Tesla saloon on the hard shoulder on the M23...

don't get me started on the 'hotrods'!!!! lol

Pride
02-11-2014, 09:46 PM
Sorry to hear your tale of woe mate, not the best.
I found that once you get passed the gate "police" directions you just go where you want, hence I headed straight for the start grid parking next to the maclaren but to do it easily you need to get there real early, in this case 7.
Good turn out considering the weather though and you're right about the bun, not the best.

britlude
02-11-2014, 11:45 PM
was all set to go to the airfield cafe, but they have flattened it... :(