PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Know This NSX?

Mr_Spanners
01-05-2006, 05:35 PM
Just spotted this on Autotrader....

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/www/cars_search.asp?lid=search_used_cars_full&ukcarsearch_full=SEARCHmodelexact=1&miles=1&min_pr=16000&max_pr=16000&min_pr=16000&postcode=DE75%207LY&make=HONDA&model=NSX&locale=STF

Mileage is pushing on a bit but looks totally original and fully stamped service book...

:shock: :D

Anyone know who this car belongs to???

~Phil.

Martyn27_uk
06-05-2006, 11:55 AM
96,000 miles? Not even properly run in yet!

I's coming up as 1 mile from me on the Autotrader postcode but I don't know who it is!

jaws
06-05-2006, 01:02 PM
Following the link it's also a mile from me - but if you go via the Autotrader website and enter your post code the distance will then make sense as 'the compuher says no' factor doesn't apply. That way it's 156 miles from me.

simonprelude
06-05-2006, 10:35 PM
Well it's in Nottingham way, that's all really.

Manufacturer HONDA
Model NSX
Body type 2 DOOR SALOON
Colour RED
Fuel type PETROL
Date manufactured 30 December 1992
Number of previous owners 4
Last owner change 20 November 2000

Mr_Spanners
07-05-2006, 08:56 AM
Thanks Simon! The postcode is embedded in the link and it's somewhere near Heanor in Derbyshire. I guess the current owner isn't 'internet savvy' though (i.e. a user on here!!!)

£16k ono for a 'K plater' would appear to be a good deal BUT there seems to be a phobia in the UK that once a car goes over 100k miles it's ready for the scrap heap and not worth anything.... I'm guessing thats why the owner is selling with 96k on the clock!?

~Phil.

TheQuietOne
08-05-2006, 10:50 AM
I live 5 mins from there if anyone want's me to go and have a look at it.

Cheers, Matt.

Mr_Spanners
09-05-2006, 10:23 AM
Thanks for the offer Matt - The mileage is a little too high for my liking (purely on a re-sale basis) so I'll give it a miss.

Cheers

~Phil.

TheQuietOne
09-05-2006, 10:30 AM
Thanks for the offer Matt - The mileage is a little too high for my liking (purely on a re-sale basis) so I'll give it a miss.

Cheers

~Phil.

No problem - well the offer stands if anyone else is interested at any time.

Cheers, Matt.

senna786
09-05-2006, 05:07 PM
It's mine. Bought it as a project, was going to put a turbo or supercharger on it. A mate of mine has a US import (his second NSX, he uses his other 2004 model as a daily run around) that kicks out 600+ BHP!! It was specially imported from the US.

Have decided to sell it and keep my 2004 LBB model as a show car and will get myself a nice DB9 as a daily run around :-)

I just don't like it compared to the later facelift model. Torque is too low, brakes are **** compared to my 2004 model. Just not the same. Maybe I would have thought different of it if I hadn't bought the facelif model..... which is a dream compared to the older one.

Nevermind, the new 6 figure + salary will bring me a nice DB9..... eat your hearts out

TheQuietOne
09-05-2006, 05:18 PM
Hi,

I'm not sure how we read the tone of that, but I hope you aren't pi$$ed off with the above thread, which is how it appears with the 6 figure salary quip etc.

At least we know the car is owned by someone who will have taken care of it recently - probably makes it a better bet for anyone who was tempted too. I htink it makes my offer of a visit a waste of time too - you probably know a lot more than me anyway!!

Congrats on the DB9 by the way, and also how come the NSX is in Heanor...? Is that where the 600bhp beasty is...?

Regards, Matt.

Papalazarou
09-05-2006, 06:03 PM
Ok, I've read this thread 5 times and still don't understand it? :shock:

ctrlaltdelboy
09-05-2006, 06:04 PM
:lol: :lol: @ James

missed you Sunday by the way :(

TheQuietOne
09-05-2006, 06:07 PM
Ok, I've read this thread 5 times and still don't understand it? :shock:

Have I jumped the gun then (again.... :cry: )

I'm starting to worry about your obsession with James and his shiny red machine Darren.... :shock:

Papalazarou
09-05-2006, 06:09 PM
Hi Darren,

I wanted to go but found I couldn't. I'm not bitching but all the meetings/events are always so far away.
The other problem is that most NSX owners live at least 200 miles away so I also miss the regional stuff too.
Sunday's meet looked pretty good though.

Cheers,

James.

TheQuietOne
09-05-2006, 06:15 PM
Hi Darren,

I wanted to go but found I couldn't. I'm not bitching but all the meetings/events are always so far away.
The other problem is that most NSX owners live at least 200 miles away so I also miss the regional stuff too.
Sunday's meet looked pretty good though.

Cheers,

James.

When will you next be at a 'meet' James, will try and make the effort to come down your way once I've had my service this month...? I'm only 5 mins from Junction 5 M5 so a pretty straight run down your way - used to do it every weekend when I was at Uni in Exmouth!

Papalazarou
09-05-2006, 06:17 PM
Have I jumped the gun then (again.... :cry: ):

Not at all, I just didn't get the DB9 and six figure salary thing? :roll:

Stuff like that always confuses me.

Cheers,

James.

TheQuietOne
09-05-2006, 06:38 PM

Cheers,

James.

Me neither - maybe it's an older person thing :shock: only kidding before I get burnt at the stake...

I'm happy with my three digit salary and a roof over my head...oh and the NSX :twisted:

Papalazarou
10-05-2006, 10:08 AM
You earn that much! I'm still on a two digit salary amd live in a lake!..oh how I dream of that extra digit :cry:

When will you next be at a 'meet' James, will try and make the effort to come down your way once I've had my service this month...? I'm only 5 mins from Junction 5 M5 so a pretty straight run down your way - used to do it every weekend when I was at Uni in Exmouth!

I'm off to Japfest on the 20th at Coombe which should be fun!
Let me know if you want to meet up. I think Jim may be going too.

Cheers,

James.

simonprelude
10-05-2006, 10:12 AM
I'll be there as well, not sure if in the S2000 or ITR or NSX though, parking with the great unwashed is not my idea of fun in the NSX.

Fancy meeting up on the way ??

I'm off to Japfest on the 20th at Coombe which should be fun!
Let me know if you want to meet up. I think Jim may be going too.

Cheers,

James.

sportyking
10-05-2006, 12:08 PM
I wanted to go to Japfest this year but my one digit salary prevents me :(

TheQuietOne
10-05-2006, 12:27 PM
I wanted to go to Japfest this year but my one digit salary prevents me :(

:cry: Me too - but I'm currently saving up for a litre of Optimax :cry:

Papalazarou
10-05-2006, 01:45 PM
There you go again, rubbing my nose in your wealth...I have to make my own fuel out of old cormorants and linseed oil! :cry:

James.

TheQuietOne
10-05-2006, 02:57 PM
There you go again, rubbing my nose in your wealth...I have to make my own fuel out of old cormorants and linseed oil! :cry:

James.

As I'd expect from a Somersetonian....I'm surprised you don't use horse dung like the rest of them (and one half of my family)!!

Maybe we can start a fund to help you keep your car on the road this summer you poor thing...I'll start by donating 1% of my three digit sallary straight off this month :shock:

trackdemon
10-05-2006, 03:34 PM

Cheers,

James.

Me neither - maybe it's an older person thing :shock: only kidding before I get burnt at the stake...

I'm happy with my three digit salary and a roof over my head...oh and the NSX :twisted:

:shock: Blimey, never thought we'd get this kind of stuff on this site! :roll: I don't think I'm reading it incorrectly, but I do wonder what the comment is for.... I mean what do you want, a medal???

Mr_Spanners
10-05-2006, 04:43 PM
It's mine. Bought it as a project, was going to put a turbo or supercharger on it.

Nevermind, the new 6 figure + salary will bring me a nice DB9..... eat your hearts out

I thought the DB9\salary quote might have been a sarcastic quip? If not, it's as vulgar\sad as it is pathetic!

... and I'm really glad a good number of people on here have seen fit to comment as such!!! :)

~Phil.

Papalazarou
10-05-2006, 06:08 PM
[Maybe we can start a fund to help you keep your car on the road this summer you poor thing...I'll start by donating 1% of my three digit sallary straight off this month :shock:

Thanks for that, and remember somewhere out there, there's an NSX owner with an older car than your with more mileage and more warning lights on who needs our help! :lol:

James.

P.s, Anyone got an offside front ABS sensor?

sportyking
10-05-2006, 07:58 PM
P.s, Anyone got an offside front ABS sensor?

Try Cash Converters, I had to pawn my ABS sensors with them some time ago :cry: