PDA

View Full Version : gumball

gumball
01-05-2006, 11:17 AM
nsx leading the gumball to budapest!!

Greybloke
01-05-2006, 07:11 PM
Good news, how do you track these guys, any good sites?

AnArtist
01-05-2006, 07:49 PM
www.gumball3000.com
or
www.gumball-3000.com
:lol:

simonprelude
01-05-2006, 08:18 PM
Team 11:
David Andrew John McCulla, British
Emma Smyth, British
2005 Honda NSX

Kevin
01-05-2006, 08:21 PM
Shame to see the class and dignity of a NSX, lowered by its use in this Gumball nonsense.

ctrlaltdelboy
02-05-2006, 11:30 AM
don't be such a bah-humbug Kevin - the Gumball is quite entertaining IMO and it is sometimes fun to see exotica being hooned around irresponsibly.

ADL
02-05-2006, 11:39 AM
Lets just hope they don't crash it.

AnArtist
02-05-2006, 12:07 PM
Is it just 'evil' me or is there a lot of smug satisfaction to be had when you hear that a £230,000ish camouflaged RollsRoyce Phantom has crashed, and a Dodge Viper, Porsche, RS6 etc..... ? :twisted:

Papalazarou
02-05-2006, 04:57 PM
Lets just hope they don't crash it.

You mean like this one?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/03-HONDA-NSX-accident-damaged-repairable-salvage_W0QQitemZ4635776679QQcategoryZ18206QQrdZ1Q QcmdZViewItem

just out of interest, how much do you think the rebuild would be?
I'm guessing that by the time you've bought it on EBay and done the work, you're nearly up to the price of a second hand non-crashed car.

James.

Kevin
02-05-2006, 09:34 PM
Seems like i'll be with the minority then on Pistonheads and perhaps here, but I think the idea of this 'rally' is dumb. I don't need to get into an arguement about it, everyone has their opinion. I do like the people that do it in rubbish cars like the ice-cream van, or the VW camper with porsche engine.

As for the broken one on ebay.. depends how much the reserve is, but I think replacing the bumper with an aftermarket part, and rear wing it might be worth it. At least the front half hasn't been melted away!

simonprelude
03-05-2006, 08:58 AM
That from the photo's looks like quite a simple job, especially as the rear near side wing is available on ebay, front bumper could go aftermarket.

Nice car can be made, but what is under the skin, I would like to see it with the wing removed to see any structural damage.

You mean like this one?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/03-HONDA-NSX-accident-damaged-repairable-salvage_W0QQitemZ4635776679QQcategoryZ18206QQrdZ1Q QcmdZViewItem

just out of interest, how much do you think the rebuild would be?
I'm guessing that by the time you've bought it on EBay and done the work, you're nearly up to the price of a second hand non-crashed car.

James.

UltraViolet
03-05-2006, 09:26 AM
Looking at the number of panels damaged, I would think the repair would get pretty expensive.

Plus, don't forget it doesn't take much to effect the carefully set-up handling so I'd be very careful in checking the suspension and geometry etc. post repair.......

Mr_Spanners
03-05-2006, 11:22 AM
I don't want to sound like an old 'stick in the mud' here but I find the whole thing a pretty vulgar excuse to behave badly and shamelessly parade wealth. Since the event is supposedly "for charridee" why not donate the six grand entry fee to a good cause and take the 'nice car' for a scenic drive through Wales instead? (and keep the local constabulary busy in this country!!!)

I wonder how many of the entrants would enter a 'charity event' if it involved them making any "real" sacrifice or doing something that was completely selfless???? :?:

:wink:

TheQuietOne
03-05-2006, 12:24 PM
I don't want to sound like an old 'stick in the mud' here but I find the whole thing a pretty vulgar excuse to behave badly and shamelessly parade wealth. Since the event is supposedly "for charridee" why not donate the six grand entry fee to a good cause and take the 'nice car' for a scenic drive through Wales instead? (and keep the local constabulary busy in this country!!!)

I wonder how many of the entrants would enter a 'charity event' if it involved them making any "real" sacrifice or doing something that was completely selfless???? :?:

:shock: £40K this year plus an extra £10K per passenger :shock:

gumball
03-05-2006, 05:51 PM
i dont think maximillion is a charity, he started the rally to make money and have fun, and don't believe the hype, most gumballers don't drive any more wrecklessly than you or me. this is what supercars were made for, intercontinental voyages. and its nice to see the nsx doing so well proving its the car they should have brought instead of cars such as the four slr mclarens that have all broken down.

Rob_Fenn
04-05-2006, 09:06 AM

You've sort of argued a case for the event there! If these self absorbed people normally wouldn't give to charity, but do in this way, surely that is something at least?

I see plenty of bad driving (over 150mph, using hard shoulder etc.) by the English to and from Le Mans and no one cares. I don't really think the Gumball is any different, i'm sure some individuals are reckless but as gumball has said, i think the coverage sexes it up a bit.

indycos
06-05-2006, 03:07 PM
Hi!

I did go to the gumball, unfortunately I was around 15mins late, and missed the NSX. (I did see it, just before a GT40 but missed it with my camera)

However, I did catch nice S2000, and the rest!

A link to my pics if anyone is interested? :roll:

http://s74.photobucket.com/albums/i280/indycos/Gumball%203000%20-%2030th%20April%202006/?start=all

Regards,