PDA

View Full Version : Posting Photos

NSX 2000
13-10-2014, 09:38 AM
I've noticed over the last few months users saying they can't post photos, and I myself had been having trouble, but I've managed to post some today (see thread below)

http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/showthread.php?11490-NSX-Club-Europe-Tour-2014&p=111055#post111055

However to get these photos up I had to compress them from around 3.5MB to 40KB so they now look pants!!
Therefore I have 2 questions, is not possible for the attachment uploader to automatically resize the photo you are uploading (rather thanhaving to do it yourself); are we able to up the size of attachments?

Paul

britlude
13-10-2014, 10:10 AM
That's why I've now got folders on my facebook page just for forum pics, easy to upload, get auto resized and no hosting issues. Just link with the square brackets, img, and the pic url....

Mistercorn
13-10-2014, 10:22 AM
I use photobucket. Works a treat.

MC

Kaz-kzukNA1
13-10-2014, 10:28 AM
For the commonly used JPEG format, current file size limit is 500KB with max pixcel size as 1024 x 1024.
These are the latest setting after forumadmin increased them from the previous setup.
Personally, these limits are big enough for forum photo browsing.

Auto formatting can be done but I don't think it is part of the vBulletin feature.

In fact, with so many free cloud services available these days, it would be better to use the auto formatting features through these file storage services
and paste the link into your post rather than uploading the actual file to the NSXCB server.

Please copy the link of the photo, select 'insert image' feature in the control tool bar at the top when creating the post, select 'From URL' tab in the pop up window and paste the link in the blank URL window.
Please remember to un-tick the box below if you want to prevent the remote file being copied locally.
Or, if you want to directly specify the link in BB code, please refer to the following for the command line;
http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/misc.php?do=bbcode#imgcode

If you still want to upload the file to the NSXCB server, then you may need to re-size the photo by yourself to meet the above size limit depending on the camera setup you used when you took the photo.
A software called IrfanView can do it for you and you can specify the max file size as well as the pixcel size so that the outcome will be within the above limit.

Regarding the issue of uploading the files, photos, etc, I think vBulletin is aware of this and I also found the same issue reported on many other Forums including NSX Prime.
There was short term fix by displaying the image uploader in basic mode that you can set in your 'setting' control panel but not sure it's working at the moment as I can't even access my own control panel.....

Kaz