PDA

View Full Version : Is this a sound deal?

Uranium
27-04-2006, 07:17 AM
Hey folks! I'm seriously considering purchasing an NSX. I've read through the FAQs and buyer's guides, all really great articles! This site is amazing!

Anyways, I'm looking at a 1992 NSX with about 65K miles on the odo. Asking price is $29,000 (I think that's around 16,000 Pounds Sterling), which seems almost too good to be true, so I wanted the opinion of you experts on here!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Acura-NSX-COUPE-92-NSX-RUNS-LIKE-DREAM-BEN-INSPECTED-SELLER-GUARANTY_W0QQitemZ4634902234QQcategoryZ5337QQrdZ1Q QcmdZViewItem

Thoughts? I'm planning on using this car as a daily driver. The NSX sounds figuratively bulletproof, but is there anything else I should be aware of?

Also, seeing that I live in California, and the car is located in Florida, I don't think I'll be able to inspect the car myself. Is there anything specific that I should interrogate the salesman over? :lol:

Thank you all!

kevinpsw
27-04-2006, 07:25 AM
Apart from the normal stuff you would ask about any car, service history, accident record etc, ask for the transmission number (I assume it to be a manual). Being a 92 car it is quite likely to be in the 'snap ring' failure range. NSX Prime has a lengthy explanation of what being within that range could mean.

simonprelude
27-04-2006, 08:28 AM
Recent pictures with date proof should help you work that bit out.

which seems almost too good to be true

ctrlaltdelboy
27-04-2006, 02:31 PM
you should also (if you haven't already) register at www.nsxprime.com

there are loads of owners there from both CA and FL who will be happy to give advice etc. - you may even find someone local to the car who is willing to inspect it for you.

Uranium
28-04-2006, 09:11 AM
Allright, I'm going to do a bit more homework on this one :D

Thanks much!