PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes they take your breath away....

exiges1
02-09-2014, 10:49 PM
Just seen this stunning NSX for sale on Pistonheads, how on earth do they get the depth and shine on the paintwork, professional detailer?

A perfect looking NSX - if only I had the money...!

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/honda/nsx/honda-nsx-v6--------------------2005/2641485

Mistercorn
03-09-2014, 06:18 AM
You need to properly polish the paintwork. I have done two of my cars recently, a Clio 172 Cup and E46 M3. The black bonnet on the Clio came up like a mirror. I am going to do the NSX next, when I do it I'll post a thread up here showing the progress.

Nice looking car. I'm still amazed at the NA2 / facelift premium, but if that is what the market demands then so be it.

MC

Sudesh
03-09-2014, 07:09 AM
Lighting and camera work is more at play on that car.

qureshia
03-09-2014, 08:19 AM
Just seen this stunning NSX for sale on Pistonheads, how on earth do they get the depth and shine on the paintwork, professional detailer?

A perfect looking NSX - if only I had the money...!

The shine can come through the use of "wet wax" such as crystal syrum

The owner/ seller has a fleet of top motors, including an ultra low mile 993 turbo etc

At £65k it feels toppy, It's kind of in "no mans" land not ultra low miles, but still bloody expensive, the one in Dorset has 25k more miles but is £17k cheaper.

nobby
03-09-2014, 08:45 AM
Same photoshoot that mark did when he had the car for sale last time.
awesome car though would buy in a heartbeat if had the wedge

WhyOne?
03-09-2014, 08:55 AM
Agree with Sudesh - whilst the car is clearly v. shiny, the lighting helps accentuate the effect greatly. The paintwork is not perfect - for example look at the B pillar in the 4th picture - you can quite clearly see swirl marks.

mjames75
03-09-2014, 12:43 PM
Swirl marks are certainly hard to keep away and show up more on Black and Red cars. But once your paintwork is properly machine polished and protected, correct washing and drying techniques will minimise them!

Marks Car is a very nice car.....

If anyone is interested in it I will give it a full machine polish pre sale!