PDA

View Full Version : Can someone guide me to a good place in the South East to service my NSX?

Fynn NSX
20-08-2014, 06:38 PM
Does anyone know where in the South East near Brighton I can get to service my NSX. It is the first service I have done on a 91 car with 30,000 miles on the clock. The service book does not have many stamps and I need someone to give it a once over and tell me honestly what needs to be done. From what other people seem to say, that rules out Honda. I do not mind travelling.

Pride
20-08-2014, 06:58 PM
Hi Fynn, I would have no hesitation in recommending Yeomans, Chichester.
They have an NSX trained technician and at least half a dozen regular NSX's on their books.
Last year I took my NA1 in on a breakdown truck fully expecting to be billed for a replacement clutch, only to be phoned the following day by the service manager that all I required was a clutch slave cylinder, now that's what I call honest.
Total cost £250 not the expected £2,500!!!!!
Give them a call and have a chat.

NZNick
20-08-2014, 07:52 PM
If you don't mind travelling a bit, and can wait until he is free, one option is Kaz. Read his blogs to get an idea of how much he knows about the NSX.

Fynn NSX
21-08-2014, 12:42 AM
Thank you for both of these suggestions. Where is Kaz based?

NZNick
21-08-2014, 02:17 AM
Bucks - best to contact him using this (from his blogs page):

Contact detail:

kaznsxcb-001 at yahoo.co.jp (replace ' at ' with @)

he is roughly 100 miles from Brighton, if that is any help. He is certainly the most qualified NSX mechanic in the country, a true artist by all accounts.

Mark N
21-08-2014, 09:04 AM
Hi Fynn

I can also recommend Kaz but last time I contacted him he was fully booked till February .If you can not wait that long I would try Plans motor sport Guildford they work on a lot of NSX.

Regards
Mark

exiges1
21-08-2014, 10:03 AM
I realise you are asking about servicing but if you have limited service information and if you want to know what's wrong (if that's the word) with your NSX and scare yourself sensible! I would ask Kaz to carry his Health Check on your NSX for you. However from my experience you need a strong heart once you read the results!

Seriously though its a great way of discovering what needs doing and deciding on the priorities. Its worth waiting for a slot in his schedule, my HC took about 4hours.

if you can't wait there's plenty of experienced owners on here who would suggest the main areas to look at beyond a service. I have used Norton Way Honda (Hertfordshire) in the past and their overall service was fine, I believe they have NSX trained or NSX experienced fitters.

Tony.

Rob_Fenn
21-08-2014, 09:51 PM
Your closest will be Plans Motorsport.