PDA

View Full Version : Wish me luck!

mutley
14-08-2014, 10:06 PM
Hi all,

No, I'm not about to go on another one of my desert "holidays" but I have booked my car into my local honda dealer for a service/cam belt/water pump/ mot( mot being the worrying part)
Without any facilities/time/decent tools here, I thought the dealer was the way to go.
I have no idea how long it will take (parts coming from Belgium and Japan) and I am dreading what they will find on the mot but all going well my next step will be to completely redo the interior, then body work then respray. All this motivation has come from Silverstone next year.

So for all those that know my car, with a bit of luck , the next time you see it, it should be a whole lot different.

Roll on Silverstone 2015

Jim

goldtop
15-08-2014, 08:28 AM
Good luck with that Jim. My '96 passed the MOT last month after nothing more than a blown bulb, so you may be fine (although it wasn't done via Mr H).

mutley
15-08-2014, 08:58 AM
Hopefully all goes well, although I am expecting the odd thing needing done, I just hope it's nothing too critical.

Cheers
Jim

TheSebringOne
16-08-2014, 09:30 PM
Good luck Jim, hopefully I can make it there too!

mutley
09-09-2014, 08:11 PM
Well, they say no news is good news, either that or the water pump hasn't arrived from Japan yet, other than that not heard a peep from HUK. With hindsight, I should have sourced the parts myself. That way I probably would have saved a few quid too.

On a separate note, new interior has been ordered from leatherseats.com, so hopefully I get the car back before that arrives.

Jim

mutley
11-09-2014, 03:51 PM
Woo-Hoo, car passed MoT, and waterpump and cam belt service completed, I'm back on the road.

Cheers

Jim

britlude
11-09-2014, 03:58 PM
Hurrah, good news :)

Problem Child
11-09-2014, 04:22 PM
Woo-Hoo, car passed MoT, and waterpump and cam belt service completed, I'm back on the road.CheersJimAll you need now is a super duper rain guard!!!!

mutley
11-09-2014, 05:08 PM
All you need now is a super duper rain guard!!!!

Well, now that you mention it...........

Senninha
11-09-2014, 08:43 PM
Pleased for you Jimbo, see you at Silverstone

NSXGB
11-09-2014, 08:48 PM
Pleased for you Jimbo, see you at Silverstone

...and painted Silverstone too..... :)

Senninha
11-09-2014, 10:03 PM
...and painted Silverstone too..... :)

As an extra incentive Jim, get her all finished in glorious Silverstone and you can lead the parade!!

mutley
11-09-2014, 10:31 PM
Y'know what guys, Although I had my heart set on Kaiser Silver, so far I can't really tell the difference between Kaiser and Silverstone Silver, so I think Silverstone might just clinch it, keep the British connection......................(is there a Knockhill Silver that looks similar?? up coming Referendum and all that bollocks etc)

As the servicing /MoT came well under what I had budgeted for, my next step will be to speak to a body shop to sort out the wonky panels on the front, and depending on that cost, the re-spray will be next.

PS. I am planning to keep the re-spray as the last thing to do, would be a shame to carry on working on a car and damage nice new paint.

Look out for updates in the Builds Section, I really should start a thread in there.

Cheers

Jim