PDA

View Full Version : 2015 - 25 years of the NSX

Pages : 1 [2]

Rob_Fenn
20-07-2015, 11:44 AM
Hi Guys,

Hope you are all well; just want to get an understanding of how the parade lap is organised.

Currently our NSX's engine is being rebuilt (again) following some dyno time. Currently, the team will be putting it in the car tonight so they can do some airfield testing. The plan is then to be at Silverstone from Thursday.

It would be great to get the race car within the NSX 'paddock' at at some point, but timing wise and logistically that may be hard (of course please look out for us in the GT90s races on Sat and Sun!). Alternatively, if we can't make the engine, we are happy to bring the car for display if there is space for us.

Assuming all goes well, i can see the parade lap is on Saturday lunchtime. I'm hoping we can meet you in the pitlane for that, unless anyone has more details on the organisation of that?

Cheers,
Rob

Kaz-kzukNA1
20-07-2015, 12:59 PM
Hi, Rob.

I think it’s best to ask the organiser as I believe you will be at the International paddock and the Club stand is at the National side.

I can already see some complications on how to be at the assembly point as well as how to be back at the International paddock before/after the parade lap if the pit lane is closed.
Also, as you are a competitor, I believe you have already signed a different terms and may already have enough access privileges without going through the following process.
I had full access including the race control when I had specific pass in the past and it can only be answered by the organiser.

If you can join, that will be great but please do not overtake the rest of the field including those slow non-red NSX…..

Followings are the instructions from the organiser to the Club members.

GENERAL - APPLICABLE TO ALL TRACK PARADES

It is mandatory for all drivers and their passengers of track parades at the Silverstone Classic to have signed on before progressing to a track parade assembly area.

To assist in facilitating this procedure, a sign-on sheet has been included with these instructions.

These should be completed prior to the event and brought along on the day of the track parade.

Children 16 or under must have the signed approval of their parent or guardian to participate in a track parade.

For each person signed on, a wristband will be issued when the sign-on sheet is presented to a Silverstone Classic Event Team member or car club co-ordinator in your car club infield display area prior to the track parade.

All people who have signed on must be present when wristbands are issued and affixed to the person's wrist.

Anyone without the issued wristband will not be permitted to take part in the track parade.

Children must be 12 years or above if in front seat of a parade car, 8 years or above if in rear seat.

The number of people in any car must not exceed the number of seats fitted to the car and all passengers must be seated in the seats provided.

Where safety belts are fitted these must be used.

Cars will be instructed to move to the relevant Assembly Point in good time before each parade.

Cars must not enter onto the track until instructed to do so by the track marshals.

When on track, cars should take up formation 2-abreast.

Cars must not overtake other parade cars or the Course Cars, unless directed to do so by the Course Car driver.

Cars will exit the track at the same point of entry.

When exiting the track, follow the directions of the marshals for getting back to the car club or display area.

For specific timings and instructions for each parade see below and overleaf.

The General Regulations of the Motor Sports Association (MSA), which govern all motor sport and motor sport activities in the UK, can be found on their web site www.msauk.org (http://www.msauk.org)

SPECIFIC - Saturday 25th July 2015 - Lunchtime 13.00 - 14.00

Sliver Zone:
Assembly Point

MX-5 Owners Club
1 (old track between Bridge and Brooklands)

GTROC (Nissan) - RB26 engined Skyline
1 (old track between Bridge and Brooklands)

Blue Zone:

Honda NSX Owners Club
2 (Brooklands Assembly area behind the Medical Centre)

Toyota MR2 Mkl Club

Nissan Pulsar GTIROC

All cars participating in this track parade must be in their car club infield display area, in the Silver or Blue Zones, before 10.00 on the day of the parade.

Participants will be directed to their track parade assembly area at 12.00.

Only those who have signed on for the parade are permitted in the Brooklands assembly area.

Children under 16 are not permitted in this assembly area when there is racing on track - i.e. not before 13.00 at the earliest.

Kaz

Pride
20-07-2015, 07:43 PM
Hi Guys,

Hope you are all well; just want to get an understanding of how the parade lap is organised.

Currently our NSX's engine is being rebuilt (again) following some dyno time. Currently, the team will be putting it in the car tonight so they can do some airfield testing. The plan is then to be at Silverstone from Thursday.

It would be great to get the race car within the NSX 'paddock' at at some point, but timing wise and logistically that may be hard (of course please look out for us in the GT90s races on Sat and Sun!). Alternatively, if we can't make the engine, we are happy to bring the car for display if there is space for us.

Assuming all goes well, i can see the parade lap is on Saturday lunchtime. I'm hoping we can meet you in the pitlane for that, unless anyone has more details on the organisation of that?

Cheers,
Rob

Hi Rob, I've read so much about your fantastically modified NSX race car on your blog over the years and can't wait to see it in the flesh tearing up the track at Silverstone and hopefully to a podium finish in the GT90's class.

I'm curious as to know who's driving it over the weekend, Vicki Butler-Henderson again maybe???:)
Anyway, power to the NSX and good luck.
Clive.

Rob_Fenn
21-07-2015, 04:27 PM
Hi Guys,

Sorry to say that things haven't gone well; the cambelt slipped whilst the engine was on the dyno so we can't race the car. Very disappointing, but if there is room for the car we are still planning to bring it up with us and will happily leave it with the NSXCB area.

If there is room, could i get some help with where it would need to be? I have a map for the weekend but i can't see where the car clubs are based.

Thanks,
Rob

britlude
21-07-2015, 05:20 PM
the car clubs are behind the old pits, our spot should be near the showers/cafe......

a quick rough and ready pic...
http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn41/thisYup/new-22.jpg (http://s301.photobucket.com/user/thisYup/media/new-22.jpg.html)

sorepaws
21-07-2015, 07:26 PM
Hi Guys,

Sorry to say that things haven't gone well; the cambelt slipped whilst the engine was on the dyno so we can't race the car. Very disappointing, but if there is room for the car we are still planning to bring it up with us and will happily leave it with the NSXCB area.

If there is room, could i get some help with where it would need to be? I have a map for the weekend but i can't see where the car clubs are based.

Thanks,
Rob

Rob
Just as an fyi the marquee will be going up on thursday

Rob_Fenn
22-07-2015, 07:54 AM
Thanks very much for the info guys. I will be there tomorrow so will see who's around!

PeterW
22-07-2015, 11:00 PM
I was gutted when the deadline for the club entry came and went and I had a family commitment which was preventing me from coming. But YIPPEE, now I will be able to attend and I just bought a ticket for Saturday. Not so YIPPEE of course that my NSX won't be on the infield this year, but anyway looking forward to seeing all the cars and the owners..... Anybody got a spare seat for the parade ;)?

Peter

Silver Surfer
23-07-2015, 12:11 AM
I was gutted when the deadline for the club entry came and went and I had a family commitment which was preventing me from coming. But YIPPEE, now I will be able to attend and I just bought a ticket for Saturday. Not so YIPPEE of course that my NSX won't be on the infield this year, but anyway looking forward to seeing all the cars and the owners..... Anybody got a spare seat for the parade ;)?

Peter

Just flash your NSX key to prove you are a fellow owner and i am sure someone will oblige.

SS

marknsx
23-07-2015, 02:37 PM
Hey
Are there any more events. I have just bought an NSX NA1. Wont be ready until mid end September 2015

Kippers
23-07-2015, 07:25 PM
Just in case anyone needs one, I now have a spare entrance ticket for Saturday ...

Karen

L696ULO
12-08-2015, 06:52 AM
For all those interested tonight, 12th August, at 8pm on ITV4 is an hours worth of the Silverstone Classic 2015 hopefully with plenty of our cars on show and Britlude might finally get his non-in car parade lap video he has been waiting for!
Get them recorders whirring!

Rich

Pride
12-08-2015, 07:55 PM
For all those interested tonight, 12th August, at 8pm on ITV4 is an hours worth of the Silverstone Classic 2015 hopefully with plenty of our cars on show and Britlude might finally get his non-in car parade lap video he has been waiting for!
Get them recorders whirring!

Rich

Dragonlady's beautiful blue NSX looked the nuts as per usual :) and I even caught a glimpse of my Ayrton Senna rear bumper sticker.
Just a shame no parade lap chaos footage.:(

kingsley
12-08-2015, 08:30 PM
Hi Pride.........Dragonlady has a lovely Sebring Silver NSX now touring around the Italy's lakes .... I agree would have been nice to see a bit of the lap, I thought they would have shown the Silver Lap on Sunday...Maybe the weather put them off...It did with me. I was looking for your new F1 LED brake light so missed your Ayrton sticker.....

Kingsley

NSX 2000
12-08-2015, 08:32 PM
I don't know about 15 minutes of fame, more like 15 seconds!

Hagasan
12-08-2015, 08:50 PM
Front and rear bumper shots and a kind of Peter Crouch wiggle in the background :)

britlude
12-08-2015, 09:25 PM
WE'RE FAMOUS!!!! lol

Paul
http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn41/thisYup/telly/new-4.png (http://s301.photobucket.com/user/thisYup/media/telly/new-4.png.html)

Lotusollie
http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn41/thisYup/telly/new-5.png (http://s301.photobucket.com/user/thisYup/media/telly/new-5.png.html)

i did wonder why Sarah was standing by someones car for a while... until i went over and she told me they were filming and she was there in the middle of the hondas in her NISSAN jacket
http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn41/thisYup/telly/new-2.png (http://s301.photobucket.com/user/thisYup/media/telly/new-2.png.html)

and i had to get in on the act with my hat... shame they didn't stay on us long enough for the smoke!!!!
http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn41/thisYup/telly/new-3.png (http://s301.photobucket.com/user/thisYup/media/telly/new-3.png.html)

soddy
12-08-2015, 10:06 PM
i was just going to say i seen you all on the telly tonite lol. cars all looking well was a few mins but always good to see so many nice examples.

nobby
12-08-2015, 10:13 PM
at least we got a sniff as the rest of the programme was rather dull!
so well done louise for taking time out to do the shoot
i drove all that way to be there and must have been the only yellow car not shown!!!

soddy
12-08-2015, 10:28 PM
i was looking for yours Andrew, thought it was the yellow one with the black spoiler lol.
nice shot of the blue car driving off, was very short, but better than nothing i suppose.