PDA

View Full Version : Classics at the castle. Sherborne

Papalazarou
21-07-2014, 07:09 PM
Had a very busy weekend. Sold the red coupe on Saturday, to a great guy who I'm sure will be visiting the forum shortly. Then on Sunday, my Dad and I went to Sherborne Castle with the targa. The weather was fantastic as was the Pistonheads convoy. starting in Cheddar gorge, the harmonics were fantastic. We followed a rather loud Viper and a brace of TVRs. There were two NSX's in the convoy, mine and Jerry's immaculate red facelift coupe.
We then stopped at the Haynes museum and picked up some GTRs, a beautiful green Muira a couple of integrates and Marcos's.
There were some very rare cars on show from many manufacturers. One of my favourites was a perfect silver Mercedes 190 SL with red interior. There was also a very clean 240Z in lime green metallic. If I'm honest the serious stuff left me a little disinterested. I think it's because they're just not accessible. Hence the interest in the cheaper mainstream cars.
We had a look at a restoration stand on our way round. They buy E-type jags from the states and restore them to better than new with some modern parts. Apparently £140K a shot, but beautifully presented.

Anyway, here's the clip of the convoy; http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-w1H9SosDuE

Cheers.

NZNick
22-07-2014, 02:01 AM
Congrats on selling the Red 2004 Coupe, and thanks for the link to the vid - nice to see so many nice cars moving. The panel gaps on the front of that yellow Viper are a bit worrying. Your Targa looks pristine!

mjames75
22-07-2014, 04:08 PM
Your Targa looks great James, I knew the red coupe wouldn't hang around for long

Papalazarou
22-07-2014, 08:28 PM
Your Targa looks great James, I knew the red coupe wouldn't hang around for long

Thanks Mike,

I had a fair bit of interest. A few overseas enquiries. Some countries have shocking tax penalties on imports.

Anyway, it's staying in the UK. The new owner's a real car enthusiast. So it's gone to a good home.
The targa was a blast in the sun on Sunday.

Cheers.